The VMax
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The VMax

Mac
    Blog Entries

Default The VMax

I must say, I really like this thing. I have always shied away from unrealistic devices as they worry me about being hassled by law enforcement. I don't vape it while driving for exactly that reason. It is a big piece of steel and sort of looks like the memory eraser device from the men in black films:

The VMax-0726121610.jpg

With that said this is the most impressed I have been with a device since picking up my first mini back in 2008. I am using stacked Vmax 18350 batteries and a 3 ohm dual coil tank with it. At 6 volts even low nic concentrations take my breath away. It is the hottest, thickest, vapor I have ever puffed on. So real. So close to real smoke it's almost a little scary. I have also tried 5ohm single coil carto's on it and that is pretty extreme as well. More vapor from the 5ohm single coil but the dual coil is killing it on throat hit. I recommend using setting 6 to keep the LED in off position so as not to waste battery life. I'm charging the batteries every 3 days with fairly heavy daily use. The ohm reader is dead on. To use it activate the LED using setting 6 then toggle to setting 5 and choose "DR". Whenever you press the button the ohm resistance of your heating element will display. The multi-meter is accurate and the 6 volt setting really gives 6 volts. This thing is a gem!

In short if you are thinking about getting one you probably should because it is the bomb.
    jcamacho, AttyPops, Sdh and 3 others like this.
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

Sdh

Thanks for the review. I have been on the fence about this one. I have a V-tube. I like it but it's not perfect.
    Last edited by Sdh; 07-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh View Post
    Thanks for the review. I have been on the fence about this one. I have a V-tube. I like it but it's not perfect.
    Glad I could help. I was skeptical myself until I tried it. I don't see how anyone who likes large variable volt APV's could not like this thing..
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

is that one of the newer ones that when u change the batteries it goes back to 3 volts

St​andard, cOBalt

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just ordered one myself in stainless, I want to see what this bad boy can do!

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gadabout View Post
    is that one of the newer ones that when u change the batteries it goes back to 3 volts
    Yes. It defaults to 3 when you change the batteries.

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcamacho View Post
    Just ordered one myself in stainless, I want to see what this bad boy can do!
    Cool! What type of heating element do you intend to use?
    Last edited by Mac; 07-27-2012 at 03:37 AM.

vmax is the bomb.. i just got mine today. and its making insane clouds off of a 80/20 pg/vg mix with the 2.8ohm atty on a Vivi Nova tank.
    Mac likes this.

Mac
    Blog Entries

Here is a pic of my Vmax with the new young immortal RBA attached:

The VMax-youngimmortalvmax.jpg

It's sexy and it knows it

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Vmax looks like a great product and the price isn't bad, either. It looks so much like my satin stainless Provari that it resembles a twin. I understand the case is brass ... much better than aluminum. I wonder about the warranty, though. How long is it covered for failures and defects? I read that it can produce a 5 amp vape or is that the c-rating of the battery? 5 amp loads are unheard of in the variable mod world.
    Last edited by DaveP; 07-28-2012 at 04:17 PM.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast