So Lotus sent me one of these in an effort to get it into our stores and made some pretty tall claims about it's performance on RDA's. I must admit I was skeptical but they were sending me a sample so I said "Sure, send it along." Well these guys weren't kidding. I must say this is the most impressed I have been with anything since I threw a dripper on a mech mod for the first time. The four stage variable voltage is SPOT ON. I threw this sucker on an omni tester and each setting threw exactly the voltage listed on the packaging. I tried both top coil and bottom coil clearomizers and a cartotank on it and it hits just like any of the other high end pcb controlled mods I have tried. I don't have an iphone so I haven't used it much with a phone in it. But a customer was kind enough to let me slide their iphone 5s into it and it does fit like a glove. It's shockingly lightweight for something kicking 2000Mah. Comfortable and familiar feel in my hand like holding a smartphone. I used it exclusively for a day with a 1.5ohm dual coil carto tank and the battery lasted a full 14 hours with pretty heavy use.

But where this sucker really shines is on rdas and rebuildable tanks. I tested it on an rsst, kraken and trident. At .9ohms (single coil) the vv function still worked and when I cranked it up to 4.8 volts it was pretty beast. That's something like 25 watts and is pretty spicy. (A bit much for me, I turned back to 4.2 pretty quickly) It will safely fire a .3ohm coil with 3.7 volts continuous which is like 45 watts so I figured I'd suck it up and give that a try even though that's generally WAY too low for my tastes. These Lotus guys were not joking. I compared it to the half dozen or so mech mods I have lying around and it outperformed every single one of them. I purposely waited until the battery was half dead to see if it really would keep up and it did:

Lotus Vape case 2.0 sub ohm capable vape case for iphone 5 (s)-vapecase.jpg

Pretty sick little mod that weighs nothing and disappears on the back of your iphone 5. So yeah, it's definitely going in my stores.

Couple of drawbacks I noticed:

1: It doesn't stand up. When used with the Kraken for example I had to keep it in my shirt pocket the whole time so the kraken wouldn't leak.

2: Can't get it wet. There is a little patch on the inside with some kind of white litmus that will turn red if it get's wet. If that happens it voids the 90 day warranty. I'm not sure how big a deal that is as most people are aware that getting smart phones wet is a bad idea anyway. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

3: I have no idea how many people who vape have iphone5's and it probably won't fit most if any other phones.

Other then that it's pretty badass and I must admit I am sorely tempted to buy an iphone5 now. (Dammit)