The Copper Creek Chit-Chat Thread - Page 5000
Like Tree256010Likes

Thread: The Copper Creek Chit-Chat Thread

ECF Guru ECF Veteran stretchpants's Avatar

Well I hope everyone is having a good morning.Do you know what time it is? Have I ever been here this early??
    Here's why...tapping good foot.....I went to the grocery yesterday.Managed not to steal anyones purse. $150.00 later as I was putting the stuff in the trunk my back went out,I was putting a bag with breads in it and suddenly I'm having waves of muscle spasms.I dropped the bread bag and couldn't stoop to get it. I had to call in back up.It's a really stupid injury because I can drive or sit but I can't walk, bend, or Rhumba.....

I can't go to the basement to use my computer so I'm on my hardly ever used laptop.I can't find my mini mouse for it and I have a hard time with the pad that is a mouse. I am sooooo Pi@@ed

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran FlyingV's Avatar

Oh no Stretchy! You have to be able to Rhumba! What ever are you going to do for the dance contest tonight? I had put all my money on you winning.....

I know....I had rye bread and butter for dinner Mr. Crabbypants did some of my orders and it made him crabbier.
    My poor Newfie won't leave me.He sits by the side of my chair and watches me breathe.Hahahahaha

'
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Oh no Stretchy! You have to be able to Rhumba! What ever are you going to do for the dance contest tonight? I had put all my money on you winning.....

Thank god for dogs.They are never crabby.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran FlyingV's Avatar

I'm trying to muster up some sympathy for Mr. Crabbypants. Nope, not working. But I do feel bad for you. I'd hug you, but I don't want to hurt you.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by punkinduster View Post
    Good morning you all. I'm practicing my southern drawl.... How many years will it take to dump the PA dutch accent? Auck Naw....
    Give it 2-3 years, and we will have you talking like a normal person yet!!! Ya'll yankees talk weird!
    J/K

Quote Originally Posted by MustangSallie View Post
    Morning posse. Just popping in for a quick hello before I head to the office. Hope you all have a great day. I'm going to dinner with a friend after work to a fantastic contemporary Mexican place after work. They serve the best margaritas and lobster tacos. OMG YUM YUM YUM!

Pampano | Richard Sandoval Restaurants

See you all later, if I can see straight enough to type.
    Awesome Sallie... drink one for each of the people here... as long as you do not have to drive that is!

Quote Originally Posted by efirdj View Post
    Goodnight night crew, good morning day walkers!

This morning was another one of my "nothing goes right" mornings. Nothing serious, just nothing working out the way you plan on. Little things like trying to put my contacts in while they are turned inside out. Getting out of the shower before you realize your wife took your towel and didnt put a new one on the rack. No cold Diet Dr Pepper in the fridge, but not noticing in enough time to get one cold in the freezer. Reaching for a piece of fruit for breakfast only to find your "Langolier" (Stephen King reference) kids have eaten it all. Getting stuck behind a car and a school bus, then watching the school bus go faster than the car behind it. Starting to vape a carto of Kewl Aid only to get a HUGE dry hit, now I have to drain the carto, rinse and dry burn to clean it... Ungh. It'll get better... Right? Monday is over...RIGHT?!?!?!?!

Wow... Have I really given out my address to that many people here?

I can hardly wait to see how many of you actually start doing this....
    I WAS thinking that it would be funny.... But now Im scared!

Mornin' Drott!
    Morning James... it will get better... probably... it might.... awww heck... it probably won't get any better until this weekend... but you'll be more used to it as the week wears on!

I dont mean to crack anyone....
    Don't do Crack!!!

That made me chuckle, Scottish, yeah right....
    No, seriously! Ive know a few guys from PA with a VERY heavy accent. Both of them were from coal mining families. Unless you listened really carefully, you wouldve thought they were from the British Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by violetvoo View Post
    mornin' punkin...bfb is right...just come on down..
    it won't take long...you'll be loving sweet tea and
    looking for the best boiled peanut places ...then it
    will be y'all and that boy ain't right...git 'er done...
    nope not long..
    Im sure most of you noticed that I type "y'all" a lot. I type how I talk. Y'all is just easier to say than "yous guys".

HOLY CRAP I LOVE BOILED (pronounced BAWLED) PEANUTS!!!! I need to get my turkey fryer cleaned out so I can make 20 pounds of them before I have to work at the racetrack in May!!!

OK, I've heard all of the stuff listed above at some point in my life except for one. What the heck is a boiled peanut place? Dry roasted, oiled, or still in the shell I'm familiar with. Sounds good though...
    mmmmmmmmmmmBOILEDPEANUTSmmmmmmmm

Good Morning Posse! Starting the day at a nice brisk 40F again. Come on summer!!!!!

off to find coffee.....
    HA! It was warmer in WI than it was in Clover!!!!

Morning FV. It was 34F here, burrrr...
    HA! It was warmer in Amish Country than it was in Clover!!!!! (BARELY, but still warmer!!!)

Boiled peanuts are peanuts in the shell boiled in salt water in a big kettle
    slowly for hours until shell is soft and peanuts are tender
    and salty. you can also get spicy ones...you open them
    and eat...they sell them along side the road or at veggie/fruit
    stands...
    they are an acquired taste but really yum...
    mmmmmmmmBOILEDPEANUTSmmmmmmmmmmm

I haven't had boiled peanuts in way too long. I miss the south.
    You know where to find us!

I'll bring you some...
    SHHH!!!! No you wont!!! Shes gotta move down here to get them!!!!

SP, you better get the spasms fixed before our wedding day in our next lives... I cant carry you over the threashold if youre in pain.

9 years proudly served in the United States Navy. NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO FIGHT TO KEEP US FREE!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

West "by god, smile when you say it" Virginia

Good Morning Posse.

Goodnight night crew, good morning day walkers!

This morning was another one of my "nothing goes right" mornings. Nothing serious, just nothing working out the way you plan on. Little things like trying to put my contacts in while they are turned inside out. Getting out of the shower before you realize your wife took your towel and didnt put a new one on the rack. No cold Diet Dr Pepper in the fridge, but not noticing in enough time to get one cold in the freezer. Reaching for a piece of fruit for breakfast only to find your "Langolier" (Stephen King reference) kids have eaten it all. Getting stuck behind a car and a school bus, then watching the school bus go faster than the car behind it. Starting to vape a carto of Kewl Aid only to get a HUGE dry hit, now I have to drain the carto, rinse and dry burn to clean it... Ungh. It'll get better... Right? Monday is over...RIGHT?!?!?!?!
    I wonder, if you put your contacts in inside out, can you see your soul?
    Every time I see you say Kewl Aid it makes me smile. Sorry about the dry hit, that's just yuck.
    Monday is indeed over.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangSallie View Post
    Morning posse. Just popping in for a quick hello before I head to the office. Hope you all have a great day. I'm going to dinner with a friend after work to a fantastic contemporary Mexican place after work. They serve the best margaritas and lobster tacos. OMG YUM YUM YUM!

Pampano | Richard Sandoval Restaurants

See you all later, if I can see straight enough to type.
    Yeah, just one. Uh Huh. How bout 2? That seems to be the lie anyway

Good morning you all. I'm practicing my southern drawl.... How many years will it take to dump the PA dutch accent? Auck Naw....
    I dern near let this post go by without saying nothing. But I reckon that all y'all might take a while to stop talkin funny.

OK, I've heard all of the stuff listed above at some point in my life except for one. What the heck is a boiled peanut place? Dry roasted, oiled, or still in the shell I'm familiar with. Sounds good though...
    You don't know boiled peanuts!? You definitely need to. They are so good! Down VV's way, I know for a fact you can even buy in the convenience store (in a crockpot next to the fountain sodas lol)

I'll bring you some...
    I will post a recipe in the the FA thread

Quote Originally Posted by stretchpants View Post
    Well I hope everyone is having a good morning.Do you know what time it is? Have I ever been here this early??
    Here's why...tapping good foot.....I went to the grocery yesterday.Managed not to steal anyones purse. $150.00 later as I was putting the stuff in the trunk my back went out,I was putting a bag with breads in it and suddenly I'm having waves of muscle spasms.I dropped the bread bag and couldn't stoop to get it. I had to call in back up.It's a really stupid injury because I can drive or sit but I can't walk, bend, or Rhumba.....
    Oh no stretchy! Are you going to go to the Doctor? Is Mr Crabbypants there to assist you? I hope you get your Rhumba on soon *hugs*
    Last edited by bliss12897; 04-24-2012 at 01:46 PM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stretchpants View Post
    Thank god for dogs.They are never crabby.
    amen sister..couldn't live without them
    FlyingV and MustangSallie like this.