Copper Creek Chit Chat continued.... - Page 4926
Page 4926 of 4989 FirstFirst ... 3926442648264876491649224923492449254926492749284929493049364976 ... LastLast
Results 49,251 to 49,260 of 49881
Like Tree230593Likes

Thread: Copper Creek Chit Chat continued....

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good morning. Looking like a nice day today. Tomorrow another clipper system. Gotta love those.

Good morning all. Its almost Friday. It IS almost Friday....right?

Ive got another fun day planned. Its going to be just like yesterday. Woo hoo.

My dad called last night. He's been an employee of the City of Charlotte D.O.T. since he was like 20 years old. He told me that there is a new postion open for a Radio Network Tech for the city. After looking at the description online, Im really thinking about applying for it. It pretty much parallels the kind of stuff I did in the navy and the first two jobs I had after I got out. The only problem is, I dont know what kind of pay its going to be. It said "Pay will be based on experience and current market rate." Depending on what rate they're looking at it will be anywhere from $13 an hour to $25 an hour. I asked dad to check to see if he could find out what kind of pay range they are looking for. If its going to be at the low end, that would mean a serious pay cut and a waste of my time and the interviewer's time for me to apply. If its towards the higher end, it would be close to my current pay, or more. If THATS the case, Im going to send my resume in to them. But I wouldnt hold my breath. The last position I applied to within the city, they told me I was over qualified. But this is a different type of position which is closer to my professional experience. Im crossing my fingers over here.

Well, its almost 8:00. That means I better get off of here an get to workin'. I hope everyone has a good day.
    Drottwiler, Bamrz, FlyingV and 3 others like this.

9 years proudly served in the United States Navy. NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO FIGHT TO KEEP US FREE!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good morning...happy Thursday. I hope!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hello posse.
    I guess the clipper is here now. I call it winter. It isn't as bad as the last one by a long shot. It is actually pretty mild now 25*.
    Good to hear about the maybe possible new gig James.
    Hi Rick, I see ya lurking.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Winds picking up its colder now than when I got up. James I'd send one regardless. Maybe there's haggle room in their pay scale. If not it's on record your interested. Jm2c.

Drott's dog shack on the move.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you James.

Nos nunquam usurpauerint esse normalem
    "Facepalm Queen"

ECF Guru ECF Veteran stretchpants's Avatar

And you do know when it breaks it explodes into a enormous bunch of floaties that hover for days..sometimes weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post

I had a package come today that had that sheet styrofoam stuff in the box. It was sitting on the floor and Jake stepped on it. When it broke, there were little pieces and Jake must have thought it was popcorn and started eating it. (He doesn't see very well anymore) Of course Victor can't have Jake eating something without him. So I was battling two dogs to stop it, then Victor must have inhaled some so he was running around coughing, sneezing and wheezing. As it was flying out his mouth Jake was trying to eat it. Good grief, what a mess. The vacuum saved the day.

Yes, we are loads of fun.

Hahahaha....Perfect...
    Quote Originally Posted by woodboy View Post
    And I really love your new delivery system

You have to ask?...
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Where's the LOVE button???

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran FlyingV's Avatar

Quick fly by here, it's good to be back open!

James, I agree with Drott, apply anyway as you never know. Sonny took a low job with low pay, within 30 days they had moved him to the position he really wanted, at a much better pay rate than they originally told him. He figured once he was in the door, the battle was won. He was right.