Page 4935 of 4989 FirstFirst ... 3935443548354885492549314932493349344935493649374938493949454985 ... LastLast
Results 49,341 to 49,350 of 49881
Like Tree230593Likes

Thread: Copper Creek Chit Chat continued....

Ultra Member Verified Member DanG's Avatar

I went to pick up my deer. It was 175# gutted. I gave him my ticket and he had his brother go and grab it. It was $290 I had some special stuff made but whatever, I was happy to have it. Walked outside and there was 4 full paper shopping bags full. I thought it was about right. After I loaded up the truck I asked him about the skull that I wanted to mount. Nothing fancy, just boil it up and plaque it. He said I thought it was getting mounted. Ha... no. Not by you at least. He then says oh wait, is this you. The name on my ticket was not me. He then goes to tell me that there were multiples of the same ticket numbers. We carry the bags to the back and he goes digging for my deer meat. He comes out with two bags about 1/2 full and said that was all of it. The guy that had the 4 bags deer was the smaller than mine. I am less than pleased. In all I figure I have about 30# of meat from a rather large bodied deer. I have shot 90# does and gotten that out of them. I have 4 pounds of deer sticks. 4 lbs. of summer sausage. Probably 8 lbs of steaks. A pound of breakfast sausage. 12 lbs of ground. And about 2 lbs. of spicy sausage. I asked again and he said it was right. I'm thinking of going back up there tomorrow. I should have at least another 30# of ground. Even then I am being generous.
    Sorry about the long post, I actually deleted the other half. Long story short, I could have blown my face off because of another guys stupidity. What a day.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran FlyingV's Avatar

OMG Dan, go back in the morning. They need to find the rest of your meat. Stat.

Mr. V says HILL NO. Put it on the scale, if you have less that 100# of meat go back. They add to it to make the sausage and stuff, so part of that meat you received is pork, or whatever they blend with. I'd be pitching fits.

Thing is I promised a bunch already. Now I don't know if I'll have enough. I figured I would have a bunch left over. I never saw this coming. The processor we usually go through gives us back a cooler full for a doe. I really feel like I'm getting (insert your choice of word here)

Exactly, I should have a MINIMUM of 75# and that is just because I'm not doing it.

He agrees, go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Exactly, I should have a MINIMUM of 75# and that is just because I'm not doing it.

Never again... at least it wasn't $290. I knew it was messed up when it took 2 months to get it.

Luckily I should get about 2-3 hours of sleep. I am generally not a happy person with out sleep.

Hopefully when you walk in, they tell you that they just found the rest of yours. *fingers crossed*