Anyone plasti-dip their mod? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone plasti-dip their mod?

Squonking Your Juice! Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKilla View Post
    l leave the car forums cuz i'm sick of hearing about plasti dip... and it has followed me!

LE GASP!

If you are going to go through the effort of repainting your mod, plastidip is not the answer.
    Plastidip is never the answer!
    Nah man! PlastiDip your rented wheelz so they look doooope!
    BuzzKilla likes this.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels...perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran inter_ceptor00's Avatar

Brodie Halfhill posted his plasti-dipped iHy pure. No mention of the durability yet, but it looks nice.

plastidip ihy pure.jpg
    ~There is an old-time toast which is golden for its beauty. "When you ascend the hill of prosperity may you not meet a friend."~
    Puddn'head Wilson

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The problem with plastidip adhesion can be remedied by prepping the surface with spray adhesive.

Why...just why...would anyone do this?So many other cosmetic treatments that could be done...hydrodips, patinas, heat treatments, annodizing....Why bother with something so cheap looking?

Current PVs: Precise Plus 18650 10/7/11, Super6 3/13/10, eGo 1/23/10 (shelved)...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dougiestyle View Post
    The problem with plastidip adhesion can be remedied by prepping the surface with spray adhesive.
    but doesnt that negate one of the "benefits" of Plastidip...

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Not really. It can still be removed fairly easy. You just have to clean the adhesive off, too. Once plastidip's applied, most people want to maintain the rubberized feel. Spray adhesive helps maintain the longevity of the intended use.

Full Member Verified Member propofokgov's Avatar

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but plastidip also comes in a spray (which is what I would use) so you don't get the drips! When I had my magneto I used Sugru on the telescope extension to give it a nice rubber grip and fill in the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Drozd View Post
    Why...just why...would anyone do this?So many other cosmetic treatments that could be done...hydrodips, patinas, heat treatments, annodizing....Why bother with something so cheap looking?
    On this note, I don't think it would look cheap at all if done right and done on the right MOD. I woudn't DARE plastidip my Lunar, but mostly because it wouldn't add to the aesthetics of it, whereas I would plastidip a Magneto or a provari or SID in a heartbeat. To each their own I guess.
    D. Waterhouse likes this.
    GUS Lord . Ω . [GUS Estia* / UD AGA-T7 / Tobh Clone]

* = favorite and/or current

I looked into plasti dip but in the end I decided to send my RDA off to get a cerakote finish with a couple of firearm and paintball parts. Only cost me about $7 bucks a part and it'll last a helluva longer time than plasti dip.
    BuzzKilla likes this.

was kind of wondering this too. i have sprayed wheels with plasti dip before and they came out good but a mod has alot of handling and it would seem to rub off with handling. ive sprayed egos and other smaller tube mods with a rubberized paint used for cars found at local auto part stores called "rubberized under body coating" used for frames and fender wells. after a quick sand with 200-500 grit to scuff it up wipe down with acetone or rubbing alcohol and about 2-3 very light coats it came out great. just tape off threads and vents before spraying and suspend it freely to get coverage on all surfaces and you are golden.

I'm still going to have to suggest cerakote. At least it won't come off. I'd hate to inhale any particles that flaked off after using paint or plasti dip.
    DeVeL 5150 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12