What's better - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: What's better

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jkmtwo View Post
    As someone who has owned both devices, and the Darwin won, I can say its hard to find a flaw with either.

I will say that you can tell by how confident that the average Darwin owner is, exactly how good the Darwin is, by their answers to your question, in the Darwin forum, and the static answer is that both are great, its essentially up to what works for you.

Now notice the reaction of the average Provari owner on this board, anywhere, anytime, if someone mentions the Provari, you can rest assured that they will arrive in force to let you know why the Provari is the greatest thing ever. Just interesting to note the confidence of Darwinia, over and against the insecurity of the Order of the provari.

All that said, they shouldn't feel insecure, the Provari is a great device, but cannot be compared to the Darwin, or the Opus for that matter.

One great thing about the Provari, you can order one right now.
    that's a great point, jkmtwo. i own multiples of both devices so i am not especially biased either way, but something about being able to order any finish of a provari with any LED choice that i prefer at any time makes me feel more confident about using the device. that is, if i lose it or it breaks i can always order another provari. for that reason, my darwins tend to stay at home while my provaris get taken out and about.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

unfortunately, with such limited availability, my darwins stay under house-arrest, haha.

Super Member ECF Veteran nanovapr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    unfortunately, with such limited availability, my darwins stay under house-arrest, haha.
    Good point! Darwins are my daily carry, I keep a lanyarded Boge Revolution for use at home while mowing and other PV-unfriendly activities. I put a little label on each Darwin with my phone number and email. If it were lost, and it were found, it would be of no use to Joe Average at all. A label gives me a chance to get it back if lost.

I feel so much better after vaping a while, and I didn't think I felt bad before.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Yes...for all these reasons I vote Provari!

QUOTE=babemomlover;6594083]Darwin is cool pretty much just cause of the variable wattage feature.

I picked a provari for a few reasons.
    Battery life is longer (2000 w/ ext. cap compared to 1800)
    I personally thinks it looks better, the swivel on the darwin freaks me out
    Battery situation is better in general, you can switch em out, so you can literally swap batteries out and vape longer between recharges.

And that's about it. Batteries pointed me in the provari direction and the looks sold it[/QUOTE]

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Provari?

Darwin?

Pepsi is the best!!!
    DPLongo22 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by YKruss View Post
    Provari?

Darwin?

Pepsi is the best!!!
    Diet Coke is best!
    nanovapr likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I own a Mini Provari, but only because I like the shape better. The Provari works like a charm since day one, never been disappointed by it. Still, people seem to defend the Darwin as much as Provari owners defend their device, there must be a reason for that.
    I really think they're equal on the VV side, choose whatever you like best, whatever you choose, you won't regret it
    Killjoy1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aidreon View Post
    {snip}
    I really think they're equal on the VV side, choose whatever you like best, whatever you choose, you won't regret it {/snop}
    I believe they are not equal on the VV side. Variable voltage does not equal regulated wattage. Yes, they are each the best of the best? Pick your favorite form factor, your favorite charging routine, and run with it!
    Last edited by nanovapr; 07-09-2012 at 01:16 AM.

I feel so much better after vaping a while, and I didn't think I felt bad before.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is an ignorant comment by someone who has never owned a Darwin, I get 18+ hours out of my Darwin, and that leaves me with about 40% battery life remaing, with my Provari and a 2250 Panasonic IMR I on average got about 12 to 15 hours of battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottody View Post
    Yes...for all these reasons I vote Provari!

QUOTE=babemomlover;6594083]Darwin is cool pretty much just cause of the variable wattage feature.

I picked a provari for a few reasons.
    Battery life is longer (2000 w/ ext. cap compared to 1800)
    I personally thinks it looks better, the swivel on the darwin freaks me out
    Battery situation is better in general, you can switch em out, so you can literally swap batteries out and vape longer between recharges.

And that's about it. Batteries pointed me in the provari direction and the looks sold it
    [/QUOTE]
    wv2win likes this.

Jude 24-25

Quote Originally Posted by Hottody View Post
    And that's about it. Batteries pointed me in the provari direction and the looks sold it
    There's nothing wrong with that. You like how it looks!

As long as it enables you to NotSmoke? I wish I had all the $$$ over the years to discover all of these things.
    Killjoy1 likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast