Lowe"s bans the use of e-cigs on it's property - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Lowe"s bans the use of e-cigs on it's property

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If be offended as a smoker even... no smoking on the parking lot. That is nonsense. Vaping is even more nonsense. Just make it no breathing. Well there will be no breathing, when they lose an entire group of people from a forum as large as this one. Hone depot will be my new place evn though Lowes is closer
    "Washington needs a DOCTOR, not a LAWYER."Ron Paul for president 2012

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran RippleInStillWater's Avatar

Wow, screw you, Lowe's!!! <----wish the devil and flames were blue!
    Too much competition between HI stores to exclude construction workers, some of the heaviest smokers out there. Typical .....ic corporate flunkies making decisions without any field experience to give the illusion of political correctness!

Z-atty-GGTS, nothing better.......
    Zenfidel and Mixmaster of Ripple Effects Juices at Cigtechs

Super Member ECF Veteran

I bet this had more to do with employees complaining about other employees vaping at work. If I can't smoke you can't vape sort of thing...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Gee, I wonder if they banned the use of nicotine patches and nicorette too!!!

Senior Member ECF Veteran sweetniko's Avatar

Where would you smoke or vape if you were an employee?
    That would totally suck.
    Especially if you hated your job and only looked forward to breaks....as in every job I have ever had.
    Last edited by sweetniko; 04-21-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Kanlee likes this.

Not that it matters, but would people be able to smoke or vape in their cars in the parking lot? I guess the car would technically be on their property and there would be a 99.99% chance that a mother would be walking right by with her baby at the exact moment that an individual is exhaling pure poison and that baby would get second hand poison.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

My office did the same thing - They announced a tobacco-free workplace - no one can use tobacco products anywhere on company property. A week later, they sent out an update that e-cigs are included in the ban. All of the smokers get in a car 3 times a day and drive off site to smoke.

I just keep using my Personal Vaporizer (Duh? electronic cigarette? Never heard of it.) in my office, and no one has bothered me yet.
    sailorman likes this.
    M401, Cisco Laser, Copper, Bartleby, 5V Box, Little Chuck, Big Chuck, GG Slim, "IT", GG SuperSlim, GGTS (w/ AFS2.0), GGTB, DARWIN,....
    What else can I find?

Super Member ECF Veteran Crumpet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mvgratz View Post
    Gee, I wonder if they banned the use of nicotine patches and nicorette too!!!
    Excellent question, and one I intend to pose when I send my email. I'm all for the health and safety of everyone but I prefer that critical thinking be an actual part of the decision making process (silly me). If they don't ban nicotine gum and patches there is no sound reason for banning vaporizers. This is where the pvs that don't look like cigs at all come in handy. If you get asked, just tell them it's your vapor breathing treatment and ask if there is an issue with it.
    Trbobitch likes this.
    Quit Or Die Is A Lie!
    Facts, NOT Fear!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by haft2doit View Post
    I bet this had more to do with employees complaining about other employees vaping at work. If I can't smoke you can't vape sort of thing...
    I think you hit the nail on the head.
    Chumps. I won't be shopping there.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

email sent as well. I was kind enough to mention that Home Depot accepts Lowe's coupons as well
    Trbobitch and MustangSallie like this.
    REOnaut since November 2010 ...... Still the best vape available almost 4 years later!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast