Black Label concentrates - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Label concentrates

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nick:Not sure I've had the genuine Ruyan, but I'm a big fan of the Farsee #2s (panatella-sized - I find the big cigars uncomfortable to hold in the mouth, since they have a hard plastic mouthpiece, unlike the yielding springiness of bunched leaves in an analog cigar.)

I was speaking of these:
    2pc genuine RUYAN No.1 disposable e-cigars - RUYAN disposable e-cigar Heaven Gifts

While there is a plastic protective tip, it's removable - not shown in picture. And the texture on the tip is similar to a cigar.

We have a Marlbury Black Label flavour coming out later this month - as well as a few others: Cherry Cheroot, Cuban Cigar, Gallois (French-style Turkish with notes of vervain and pepper,) and Aromatic (Clan-style pipe blend, with notes of eucalyptus, wintergreen and pine.)
    Concentrates first, and hopefully premixed to follow (we'll need to get more labels designed and printed for these, since the premixed labels aren't produced inhouse.)

All sound very interesting. The old Janty RY4 smoke/pine note really hasn't been duplicated - HR's mesquite note is close though. And I prefer that now.

I'll do my best ;)

And thanks for that. We count on it :-)

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    Nick:Not sure I've had the genuine Ruyan, but I'm a big fan of the Farsee #2s (panatella-sized - I find the big cigars uncomfortable to hold in the mouth, since they have a hard plastic mouthpiece, unlike the yielding springiness of bunched leaves in an analog cigar.)

I was speaking of these:
    2pc genuine RUYAN No.1 disposable e-cigars - RUYAN disposable e-cigar Heaven Gifts

While there is a plastic protective tip, it's removable - not shown in picture. And the texture on the tip is similar to a cigar.
    I've had a couple that were wrapped in imitation (or maybe even real?) tobacco leaf like that looks to be, but they had different bands, so I don't know if they were genuine Ruyan or copycats. Even though the mouthpieces were covered too, I do find they're still too hard and unyielding to comfortable vape hands-free though - it always feels like it's going to slip out of your teeth (and some of the cheap models with bare plastic mouthpieces even more so!) With a real cigar, you can bite into it to thoroughly secure it.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O'Teen View Post
    I've had a couple that were wrapped in imitation (or maybe even real?) tobacco leaf like that looks to be, but they had different bands, so I don't know if they were genuine Ruyan or copycats. Even though the mouthpieces were covered too, I do find they're still too hard and unyielding to comfortable vape hands-free though - it always feels like it's going to slip out of your teeth (and some of the cheap models with bare plastic mouthpieces even more so!) With a real cigar, you can bite into it to thoroughly secure it.
    Understood. My point was more about the unique flavoring that these have. I wish Ruyan would sell the ejuice :-)

Super Member ECF Veteran ournature's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    Understood. My point was more about the unique flavoring that these have. I wish Ruyan would sell the ejuice :-)
    I've seen TW added few more flavours for the red label recently including a Ruyan juice, but i don't know if it's the same ruyan juice you're talking about..

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ournature View Post
    I've seen TW added few more flavours for the red label recently including a Ruyan juice, but i don't know if it's the same ruyan juice you're talking about..
    Thanks for reminding me - I got some of the flavoring 2 orders ago and haven't gotten around to it. Ruyan 5 - I'm guessing that isn't it but we'll see. That they're using the name though is interesting.... Heaven Gifts, a Ruyan 'affiliate' even, had to change their url (which included 'ruyan' - ruyandirect.com) once Ruyan went to America.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

My assessment so far.... There didn't used to be any 'real tobacco' flavors :-) Well, there was some tobacco extract used I'm sure but I first noticed a change in the base where the tobacco was 'up front', imo, when Halo, liberty - ie. the "USA made" nic base started and it seemed like almost all vendors that carried that line, it was the same flavors - likely a new tobacco absolute that was much stronger than anything previous and then allocated amounts for strength - where there was the 'cigar', cigarillo, light cigar, 'standard' etc. Drew from Nhaler added a few more things on his 'spicebacco' and the 'signature' but that tobacco taste was there. And Nick to use your phrase - licking an ashtray - that's what I got from those flavors (although not from habana reserve or the real tabs - although that, RT, could have a small amount in it - I haven't tried the new one yet). Anyway, I can see where a lot of people just coming off cigarettes could like this stuff. I may have in July of last year :-) and without going 'snob' it simply doesn't taste that good to me now compared to the 'cleaner' tastes of HR, Absinthe, Real Tabs sent, Ylang Ylang, etc.

I've tried the Hylton and the Rich Pipe. Liking the Rich Pipe a bit more but likely for the stronger 'other' tastes going on. I'll say that so far the other flavors you have added are a good match but the tobacco absolute or whatever that base is is a bit much. I adjusted the mix for the Rich Pipe and that's vaping better. I'm doing the 6-7-17 mix for 11mg - the '7' being the flavoring and for the Rich Pipe I did 5 instead and could go to 4. Seems like you mentioned that one could go easy on these flavors and that would be my advice.

I don't want to slight the Black Label - it's well done and people that are actually looking for those type of flavors will be pleased, imo. And I still have a few more to try out. I just tried it because I knew the guy mixing was good at his profession, and thought I'd try it out :-) but if you were the best chef in the world, you could never make anything I'd like with cucumbers either. lol ...or watermelon which to me just tastes like a large cucumber - pretty sure they're in the same family.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O'Teen View Post
    I think you'll like the Sour Cherry - your description sounds awfully like the way folks who don't like the Sour Cherry describe it (it does have a slightly medicinal tang to it, which you either like or don't )
    Sour Cherry is a winner here! It's as you described it. It does have that almost 'salty'/flinty thing going on. Nice.

Nick, do you know if the additional black label flavour concentrates are going to be released within this month?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

We've already shipped the UK ones, and they are available on the site already. The US ones are shipping out today, and should go live in a week or 2 once they've cleared customs and reached TWUS.

amazing, thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast