deejStuff Is Here!! (Part Three!) - Page 1971
Page 1971 of 2015 FirstFirst ... 97114711871192119611967196819691970197119721973197419751981 ... LastLast
Results 19,701 to 19,710 of 20141
Like Tree42664Likes

Thread: deejStuff Is Here!! (Part Three!)

Bird Brain Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravTech View Post
    Hey Poeia, somebody's got one of your favorite mods on sale for $27.49. tempted to snag a couple myself for the bunker box.

They're calling them a "new" version (including quotes), though they haven't really changed. The video on the page explains why.
    Thanks.

I have a stash of 3 left (plus 2.5 in use -- one is fixing to die) so I'm going to pass. The video was interesting. I never realized that it tells you the remaining charge. But the big issue is the internal wiring. One good drop and it's 9.9Ω all the way. I mostly use Vivi Novas in it so wobbling isn't a big issue. And a flat button Panasonic 18650 is short-ish so no door problem.

I joined HitBliss yesterday. The browser won't shrink enough for me to do something else too but it was painless. I reached Trust level 4 and earned the max ($6.00) pretty quickly. And learned that Amazon Instant Video downloads aren't compatible with Macs. I bought the first episode of Broadchurch. I'd like to see the original before they do the American remake (even though both have the same star.) I can watch it on Safari or Firefox so not really a problem.
    jj2 and TravTech like this.
    Juice: Deejstuff
    Equipment: eGos, EVODs, Vivi Novas, V3s

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

As long as you keep spending it, you can keep earning. $ is only the max you can have on hand at any one time.

There's an amazon instant video app for smart phones, tablets, and most "smart" TVs & DVD players. If you're really into streaming though I highly recommend the Roku box, even if it's only a Roku2 (3 being the latest). Hooks straight to your TV via HDMI or AV cables, controls are similar to a smart phone.

It's got literally thousands of apps and channels. Probably more than 3/4 of them are free. Some require some sort of free online account registration, and still some a monthly subscription. The free movie channels Like Crackle (also available through computer online) tend to pop a commercial in now and then and tend to have a slightly older but huge selection and are at least uncut and uncensored.

Which part doesn't your computer meet?
    Minimum Internet Connection SpeedStandard Definition (SD) videos: 900 Kbits/secHigh Definition (HD) videos: 3.5 Mbps/secComputer Hardware PC: Intel Pentium 4 2.33 GHz processor or equivalentMac: Intel Core Duo 1.33 GHz or faster Computer Operating SystemPC: Windows XP SP2 or newerMac: OS X or newer (10.5.7+), Intel-based
    Note: At this time, HD movies are not available for streaming on Mac computers.
    Web Browsers Internet Explorer 7.0 or above Firefox 3.0 or above Safari 5.0 or above Google Chrome 16 or above Browser Plug-ins Microsoft Silverlight Version 5.1 or higher. To install the latest version, go to Microsoft Support.Flash Player version 10.2.159.1 or higher. To install the latest version go to Adobe Flash Player.
    I see it says HD are not available for mac, but everything I've ever gotten through hitbliss has been SD not HD. At least the stuff I've gotten from Amazon.
    Last edited by TravTech; 01-08-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    jj2 and sonicdsl like this.

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravTech View Post
    As long as you keep spending it, you can keep earning. $ is only the max you can have on hand at any one time.

There's an amazon instant video app for smart phones, tablets, and most "smart" TVs & DVD players. If you're really into streaming though I highly recommend the Roku box, even if it's only a Roku2 (3 being the latest). Hooks straight to your TV via HDMI or AV cables, controls are similar to a smart phone.

It's got literally thousands of apps and channels. Probably more than 3/4 of them are free. Some require some sort of free online account registration, and still some a monthly subscription. The free movie channels Like Crackle (also available through computer online) tend to pop a commercial in now and then and tend to have a slightly older but huge selection and are at least uncut and uncensored.

Which part doesn't your computer meet?

I see it says HD are not available for mac, but everything I've ever gotten through hitbliss has been SD not HD. At least the stuff I've gotten from Amazon.
    I'm hoping they adapt the android app to use with Chromecast soon!

Sent while Moderating ECF via Tapatalk 4
    ECF Sub-Ohm Safety Tips
    FDA Forum | CASAA Forum | Legislation News | Nicotine Myths | E-Cigarette Politics

New from ECF: www.VAPING.com
    S M O K E . F R E E . & . V A P I N G . S I N C E . A U G. 1 0 , 2 0 1 1

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You can't download to a Mac (which only affects the TV shows as you don't own the movies.) Also can't transfer stuff to an iPod so downloading isn't as important. I'd have to watch it here. You can watch on a Mac. I've got Amazon Prime and watch a lot of streaming.'
    I watch most TV on the left half of my computer screen anyway despite having a perfectly good DVD player hooked up to my TV.

One day I will get a tablet and that will solve it all. First I have to set up WiFi so I figure it will be another xx years before I buy the tablet.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sonicdsl View Post
    I'm hoping they adapt the android app to use with Chromecast soon!

Sent while Moderating ECF via Tapatalk 4
    Chromecast is very similar to a Roku box but has a lot of catching up to do as far as channels / apps. Being Google related it may also run into some contractual and competing interest issues when it comes to acquiring content. Roku being seen as somewhat "neutral" has content from AOL, Amazon, and many others that could be seen as a Google rival or competitor.

With the streaming market being so new it will be some time before everything shakes out and it's determined who if any will dominate. As of now some have positioned themselves well early on while others, vying for a slice of the new found pie, are playing catch up. Who knows? The cable industry may even wise up and get more involved besides just their on-demand rentals. As of now there are some obstacles that need to be ironed out as well. Like Comcast doesn't like Roku, Everybody hates Google (LOL), etc.

One thing for sure, with more and more people dropping cable and switching to streaming, it makes clearly a hard cut case for cable providers to eventually make their channels available a la carte. But that will potentially cause major waves in the entertainment / content provider industry as many could never make the cut without being force fed into homes via the cable channel bundling schema. With one hand buttering the other's bread throughout, the almighty dollar speaks the loudest and will continue to have at the same time the most impact and hindrance in it's development.
    jj2 and sonicdsl like this.

ECF Veteran

For those interested in the above, try googling "cut the cable" & "cutting the cable". There are lots of great articles, guides, and testimonials to help get you going.

This one's kind of generic but it explains pretty well some of the many options available: How to Cut Cable TV and Save Hundreds a Month - A Step by Step Guide - ICutCable.COM
    jj2, NGAHaze, sonicdsl and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

HitBliss has both of Hugh's SNL appearances. Unfortunately, you can only buy 3 TV episodes a day and I already did, but tomorrow...
    sonicdsl and TravTech like this.

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good morning

Hit Bliss sounds interesting, but i dunno if i want to be obligated to pat attention to the commercials.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    Good morning

Hit Bliss sounds interesting, but i dunno if i want to be obligated to pat attention to the commercials.
    As you can't have more than $6 credit at any time, you don't have to spend very long with it. If you're willing to let them see your web history, etc., you earn faster. It seemed to take about 20 30-second ads to reach that point and, as the same ones repeat again and again, you can zone out on what they actually say pretty fast and just wait for the "click here to prove you are watching" buttons. It was no worse than watching a few episodes of something on Hulu (and, when you watch the movies you rent or the TV episodes you buy, they'll be ad-free.)

I've got Amazon Prime so I'm focusing on things that aren't free with that. The movies I'm planning on so far are Despicable Me, Much Ado About Nothing, Kinky Boots and Juno. TV shows are House of Cards (the Kevin Spacey version -- I adored the original when it came out), Broadchurch, The two recent Doctor Who episodes and those two SNLs. I might also get Almost Human, Breaking Bad, Lost, Mad Men and The Walking Dead -- none of which I've seen. I figure I'll try a few episodes and decide.
    sonicdsl and TravTech like this.

Country gal Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good morning,CES and Poeia
    TravTech likes this.