Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2499Likes

Thread: New Product Releases

Senior Member ECF Veteran Dragoncqb's Avatar

I am receiving a EVO and a Xtar WP2 II Charger for the 1634/16650 batteries included in the kit, my ? is Will I have to charge them before using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncqb View Post
    I am receiving a EVO and a Xtar WP2 II Charger for the 1634/16650 batteries included in the kit, my ? is Will I have to charge them before using them.
    Usually batteries come charged 80%, so you can try it out, but personally I always charge them first.
    Not sure what the actual best practice is though.
    Please do not contact me via ECF's PM system, please use email or the website contact form :)

Looking at the voltage and amperage of the New eGo/510 USB UltraMega Charger - 500mAh
    ("I am pretty sure this is the largest mAh we can get!") makes me ask the following:

If I had an XL3 with a 3.7v UltraFire 4000mAh Protected 18650 Battery in it, could I
    hook it up to this USB charger to charge it in the tube, assuming I unplugged it when full?
    Even if it wasn't an optimum charge like you would get from a high-end charger?

I need a portable USB solution, and this might help.

What I really want is the piece for the bottom of the XL3 that screws on and plugs in a
    USB cable like an "On the Go" 900mAh Passthrough, but I can't seem to find it on the site
    (hint, hint, hint :-).

Quote Originally Posted by meecuk View Post
    What I really want is the piece for the bottom of the XL3 that screws on and plugs in a
    USB cable like an "On the Go" 900mAh Passthrough, but I can't seem to find it on the site
    (hint, hint, hint :-).

You can't have this without special electronics in the bottom due to pos/neg and different batteries and it would make it a lot longer. I do not believe we will see this kind of thing anytime soon, way too much can go wrong with it.
    Please do not contact me via ECF's PM system, please use email or the website contact form :)

Quote Originally Posted by gormly View Post
    You can't have this without special electronics in the bottom due to pos/neg and different batteries and it would make it a lot longer. I do not believe we will see this kind of thing anytime soon, way too much can go wrong with it.
    They're doing it on a mass scale for the VV 900mAh passthrough batteries with no increase in length, and there's a tube mod in Germany that has exactly what I'm talking about as an option. If you look at the videos (by SteelJan and others)of taking apart one of the Vision VV Lux 850 Boxes with the slider that you carried (still carry?), you'll see that the little PC card for the charging circuit is tiny. Maybe at least ask your supplier and see what they think - I'm sure it would sell.

Could you answer my question about the USB charging an XL3?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

He's answered this question over and over. It can be done but he doesn't recommend it.

Eric,

In the description for the SmokTech eGo "On the Go" 900mAh Passthrough 3.7v it says:

"To change between the voltages you just press for 5 Quick clicks and you have."

Is this a variable voltage battery passthrough battery?
    If so, is it the KSD / Green Sound one?

They're doing it on a mass scale for the VV 900mAh passthrough batteries with no increase in length, and there's a tube mod in Germany that has exactly what I'm talking about as an option. If you look at the videos (by SteelJan and others)of taking apart one of the Vision VV Lux 850 Boxes with the slider that you carried (still carry?), you'll see that the little PC card for the charging circuit is tiny. Maybe at least ask your supplier and see what they think - I'm sure it would sell.

The VV 900mAh passthrough batteries have the wiring snaking up to the top of the unit on the side on the encased (non removable) battery to the circuitry on the connector.

It is not in the bottom.

The USB female connector is wired to the same spots as the eGo/510 connector on the top so one set of circuits takes care of the charging, you cannot do this with a tube mod that has both top and bottom removable.

What I am saying is that having two distinct sets of circuitry doubles the potential for error and having a second set of circuitry that is removable from the actual device is not something I think is either a good idea or one the Chinese would see as one either.

I do not doubt it would sell to you, but a 18650 isn't a small device, I am not sure it would translate well to a mass appeal as a pass through, as an option for charging sure, but a sales feature? In my opinion right this moment, I'd have to say no. I'll certainly ask about it though

>>Could you answer my question about the USB charging an XL3?
    Sorry missed it, as GoodDog said, it can be done, I do not recommend it. It's an opinion only.
    The reason is simple, you can put any battery or (gasp.. two) into any 18650 battery. The circuitry is designed for their factory batteries only, these guys do not test for IMR, IC, BRC and all the other combinations of batteries you would be able to slip into the item, so for this reason, I do not recommend it.

Eric,

In the description for the SmokTech eGo "On the Go" 900mAh Passthrough 3.7v it says:

"To change between the voltages you just press for 5 Quick clicks and you have."

Is this a variable voltage battery passthrough battery?
    If so, is it the KSD / Green Sound one?
    I got all the VV 900's from SmokTech, I am not sure if they would resell, it's possible but doubtful.
    So I'd have to say it's just SmokTech.

I think I had purchased some a long while back from Greensound but cannot be certain.
    Last edited by gormly; 04-28-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    sandybeach likes this.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

The VV 900mAh passthrough batteries have the wiring snaking up to the top of the unit on the side on the encased (non removable) battery to the circuitry on the connector.

It is not in the bottom.

The USB female connector is wired to the same spots as the eGo/510 connector on the top so one set of circuits takes care of the charging, you cannot do this with a tube mod that has both top and bottom removable.

... I'll certainly ask about it though
    I had forgotten that the XL3 bottoms are removable. Still one question you might ask them is:
    can they make a top piece that is not too much longer (say 10 mm.) that will take a
    miniUSB for passthrough and charging?

You and other vendors like you have done a fabulous job driving the innovation forward,
    and it's sometimes hard to know what will catch on. I'd buy one :-)

I got all the VV 900's from SmokTech, I am not sure if they would resell, it's possible but doubtful.
    So I'd have to say it's just SmokTech.

I think I had purchased some a long while back from Greensound but cannot be certain.
    If it's the smoketech, maybe edit the web page to remove the reference to the variable voltage;
    it's confusing.

BTW, did you drop the Vision VV box with slider that you had?
    http://www.discountvapers.com/vision...variable-volt/
    It's looked like a nice option for a pocket - I hate it when the
    clearomizer tops snap off in my pocket :-(
    Last edited by meecuk; 04-30-2012 at 11:00 AM.

If it's the smoketech, maybe edit the web page to remove the reference to the variable voltage;
    it's confusing.
    I don't follow? Why would I do that and what is confusing (you linked to a subforum so not sure what you were referencing)

BTW, did you drop the Vision VV box with slider that you had?
    http://www.discountvapers.com/vision...variable-volt/
    It's looked like a nice option for a pocket - I hate it when the
    clearomizer tops snap off in my pocket :-(
    Yes, it's not a good item, failure rate is high, they are no longer for sale.

Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast