Custom Wood Mod ordering Here - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Custom Wood Mod ordering Here

Two wood mods are on their way to Russia!

Lol, we have a bunch of them in Europe now!!
    Big Screen D likes this.
    Please do not contact me via ECF's PM system, please use email or the website contact form :)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Nyet Shiff. Russia, those woodies get around lol.

Just forgot to pick up that 2000th carton of Marlboro's since finding e-cigs.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am SO excited - my Indulgence has been ordered *happy dance* I would skip around my house in joy if my poor old damaged back would allow it :-/

~Tiger

Last TC taken 24/March/2012

Big Screed D: I owe you an apology, after being told about my comment to you in a different light, I was going to defend myself on it but then I actually stopped to re-read it and it came off as condecending and rude. I now can't believe I even wrote it...

Please forgive me.

It was not my intent, I am not generally like that. I could rattle off a list of silly excuses for my wording but I won't I just want to own up to it, it was in poor taste and not written well at all. Not at all becoming of a decent person.

I sincerely apologize.

I also made several other mistakes in that comment.
    Lewis's labor charges, his role (he does not work for me in any way) that I "found" him (he came on the forum on his own) I solicited Joshua, not Lewis, Lewis showed off his work on the forum and I jumped at the chance to work with him. I also made a stupid comment about what Lewis should be paid, when it is Lewis that sets his prices, not me.

My intent there was to goad him into charging more for his work but it came off entirely the wrong way and it isn't my place.

The general pricing breakdown was mostly correct but explained in a very poor manner.

I am extremely embarrased in the way I conducted myself there and will do better in the future.
    Please do not contact me via ECF's PM system, please use email or the website contact form :)

ECF Veteran

No apology was needed, but thank you Eric.

I should have contacted you directly regarding pricing. I can also see where my query as to the price differential between my mod, and the custom order pre-pay process was poorly worded. Particularly in open forum.

Anywho, Lewis PM'd me, and has already order the wood. You guys ever sleep? Must be the only US vendor that can respond to Russian customers in real time during the day...in Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Screen D View Post
    You guys ever sleep? Must be the only US vendor that can respond to Russian customers in real time during the day...in Russia!
    Sometimes it doesn't seem like it. I think my body is rebelling

Last night I was going to call it a day at 10PM, LOL, didn't happen, Just as I was about to stop I got an email, had to respond, got another, then a few orders, a few more emails.. before you know it, it's 2AM!! Ack!

It's a "real job" work day today.. so up at 5AM

I've never been a sleeper though, seems to be a huge waste of life
    Big Screen D likes this.

ECF Veteran

Lewis. Would it be doable to make the matching drip tip a flat/whistle tip style rather than round?

Also, do the drip tips have a metal tube inside? Or is the wood strong enough on its own?

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran whokrz's Avatar

I can only make round items. The lathe just spins the wood. There is no metal inside the drip tip. It is sealed inside with CA though. The wood is pretty strong by its self, however if you drop it the tip may break. Txtumbleweed had his roll off of his bed and the tip broke. I like the idea of a metal tube inside the drip tip. This will add some strength to the tip. I think if it is dropped there will still be some damage but hopefully not as catastrophic as Txtumbleweed experienced.
    I will ask eric if he can get his hands on some ce2 tubing.

Thank you for bringing this up it is a great idea
    Last edited by whokrz; 04-21-2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: spelling

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by whokrz View Post
    I can only make round items. The lathe just spins the wood. There is no metal inside the drip tip. It is sealed inside with CA though. The wood is pretty strong by its self, however if you drop it the tip may break. Txtumbleweed had his roll off of his bed and the tip broke. I like the idea of a metal tube inside the drip tip. This will add some strength to the tip. I think if it is dropped there will still be some damage but hopefully not as catastrophic as Txtumbleweed experienced.
    I will ask eric if he can get his hands on some ce2 tubing.

Thank you for bringing this up it is a great idea
    Thx Lewis. The old gal is going to have to just get used to round mouthpieces. Have no clue why she likes flat tips. I hate em.

Yeah, I had read Txtumbleweed dropped and broke his and that is what made me think if an inner tube.

You could also stock up on some 3/16" stainless brake line tubing that I would think should work well unless it's a little to large.
    Brake Line Tubing 25' 3/16 Dia. w/Asst Fittings

Oh and at least Tx was not smoking in bed. Yet another reason vaping is better than smoking.
    Last edited by Big Screen D; 04-21-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: bad keyboard

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran whokrz's Avatar

With the stainless steel tube inside I think it might be visible on the top and bottom of the tip. I have been trying to think of a way to only have it visible on the bottom. I was thinking about drilling a smaller hole all of the way threw and then drilling a lager hole most of the way threw. I think this will work. Would you like the stainless tube for you custom order? I think it is best way to go but it might add some time to your order as I will have to get the tube and make a prototype.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast