To fix a problems with the burning taste install extra piece of selica cord (pull out of old clrartomizer) on top of existing one.
Wicking will noticeably increase.
The idea came from disection of E1. Lol
I tried to do the same with C4+(short wick version) and the coil burned down after a few minutes. But it works fine with C5+.
Last edited by Andyhrn; 05-28-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Another discovery about C5+. It doesn't work well over 4v (even 3.8v is too much) but works fine with 3.4-3.5 v.
2.4 omh both of them: the original and one from the rebuildable kit . I thought it should be 2.8 at least.
Originally Posted by BuGlen
On the side note my VV MOD with two 3.7v batteries in series doesn't work well with the voltage below 3.7 v (get confuse all the time). So low resistance C5+ is more suitable for regular e-go (around 3.4 v)
Just bought 5 of these and this is what I found out for what it is worth. I filled it up and let it sit over night and tasted burnt at 3.8V so I dropped it down to around 3.4V until I used about 1ml of juice (I only use unflavored) then it started to wick great, and I am able to use it at the 4.8V that the Twist allows me and works flawless. Now I only Vape at 3.8V to 4.0V and the TH and Vapor production is great. I filled up another one and found the same thing to be true, It takes a while to get it working to its full potential but once it is there you won't be disappointed
Well, this's my third day with modified C5.
The thick wick on top of the coil works quet well. The first thin one was starting to get burned on the same day but I found out that pulling it off removes a black build up out of the coil. So the coil stays clean.
4th day w/o problems (vape Dekang all day).
5th is OK (all day vaping ).
Last edited by Andyhrn; 06-04-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Got mine today and it leaked terribly. Tried to tighten it further, but it still leaked. I also got a lot of burnt hits, much more than my standard Stardusts. I agree with the other reviews, it's a good concept, but needs work. I may try the E1, which looks like a better design.
I have found that my CE5's need to be removed from the battery to before tightening the bottom and top. The innards(coil assembly, inside tube and base) maybe just a tad longer than they should be when assembled. When the top is screwed in it seems to force the innards down into the base which causes the center battery contact to push out of the bottom more than it should. If the base is tightened up to the battery before tightening the tube and tip you could get leakage. Also when tightening the drip tip occasionally the coil assembly will turn and break the negative wire loose from the base contact. In fact I am soldering the ground wire back on now!
Originally Posted by jmp316
Mine seem to perform well at 4.1 volts both on my EGO C Twist and LT. On the V8 I have to drop down to 3.8 volts for the same taste.
I noticed my drip tip popped out a little bit when I righted it to the battery. This seems like a poor design overall. I want to use something simple and user friendly, and this clearomizer doesn't meet that standard for me... Oh well, I will place my order for an E1 today.
The little wire is a really bad design. I'm looking forward to the next version with the screw in heads. That seems like the best of all worlds.... If those work well, I'm ordering a bunch of them. I have been using the CE4 type clearos for almost 3 months. The only thing that has made them fail was the cracking tubes....hoping the Ambroid solvent will fix that problem. Other than that, I have never actually had a coil go bad on one.