Thread: IMPORTANT - Contacting me via PM's

Default IMPORTANT - Contacting me via PM's

I have trouble with ECF's popup notifications.
    My computer has popup blockers and other security measures put in place to protect the computer I work from on a daily basis. This is due to my desire to make sure everything I do is with everyone's privacy in mid. There is a notice at the top of the page but usually when I look at it it is "likes" and I seem to get a ton of those, so it ends up being lost in the shuffle.

Because of this, I hardly ever seem to be notified on private forum messages, once in a while one will popup but in general it doesn't.

I hate to say it, but being one person, answering all the email I get (over 100 a day) and processing all the orders and working a full time job.. I just forget to check manually.

PLEASE, if you need to contact me, use email, not the PM system on ECF. I am not purposefully ignoring anyone.

send all email via my website or my personal email:

eric at gormly dot com

you will get a much faster and reliable answer to any questions you have.
    Please do not contact me via ECF's PM system, please use email or the website contact form :)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You can change the settings so ECF will notify you by email if you get a PM. I know, it's still a bigger hassle than someone emailing you though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    You can change the settings so ECF will notify you by email if you get a PM. I know, it's still a bigger hassle than someone emailing you though.
    eh? really? awesome.. thanks for that, I didn't know, I'll have to find that setting. Thanks!
    Please do not contact me via ECF's PM system, please use email or the website contact form :)

Moved On ECF Veteran

You know you can disable the pop up blockers for certain sites. If your computer doesn't let you, then you should try firefox addons that block pop-ups. They will let you white list certain sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Koman View Post
    You know you can disable the pop up blockers for certain sites. If your computer doesn't let you, then you should try firefox addons that block pop-ups. They will let you white list certain sites.
    my setup is a little more complex than that, I have a lot of information on my system that I need to make sure isn't targeted by any type of injection or browser attack, as good as firefox, chrome or any other browser may be, I am not taking chances.

so for me, less is more.