Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: AGA Hydra Atomizer

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gormly View Post
    thanks for clarifying for me
    Not a prob. Eric.Thanks for being one of the first to bring the Hydra and Tiamat to the vapeing community,you have saved me a lot of money. I have 1 Hydra and 2 Ttamats and am still 40 to 60 dollars less than i would have spent on 1of the very hard to get Zens,AC9 or DIDS.By the way all 3 of these are putting out tons of vapor and flavor. If the expensive hard to get R.A.T'S put out any more vapor than these i would be in a vapeing coma.
    Ratman likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pounder View Post
    Cant speak for anyone else,but the first thing i did was sand and polish the the top cap,topand bottom plates and the tank body all are stainless steel. I used to be a metal polisher and know stainless steel when i sand and polish it.The hydra i got from Eric is stainless steel.
    I did the same thing on mine. Since you were a metal polisher, what speed should the polishing wheel be at for stainless. I have it on a regular grinding pedestal and I think it may be spinning too fast for stainless - I don't know. Maybe I should put the wheel in my drill press and lower the rpm? I use a stainless polishing compound and get a good polish, but it becomes extremely hot while burnishing.
    pounder likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dsy5 View Post
    I did the same thing on mine. Since you were a metal polisher, what speed should the polishing wheel be at for stainless. I have it on a regular grinding pedestal and I think it may be spinning too fast for stainless - I don't know. Maybe I should put the wheel in my drill press and lower the rpm? I use a stainless polishing compound and get a good polish, but it becomes extremely hot while burnishing.
    Your bench grinder should be fine.I finish mine off with jewlers rudge on a hard cloth polishing wheel. looks like a mirror when your finished. Good luck dsy5.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pounder View Post
    Your bench grinder should be fine.I finish mine off with jewlers rudge on a hard cloth polishing wheel. looks like a mirror when your finished. Good luck dsy5.
    Those are some great tips

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910