Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: AGA Hydra Atomizer

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    Im hoping that the fill hole screw is close enough to the "other ignore post" and when I yank that puppy out I can do a dual wick Not sure if they are close enough though. If not could maybe drill it closer if it's not to far. Would have to make another fill hole if it worked anyway
    That 'ignore other post' hole is not a through hole - it will have to be drilled out.

Edit:
    And the holes appear to be about the same distance apart as the other two - a little hard to tell with the neg screw and mesh in there right now.
    Last edited by dsy5; 10-24-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Swarley likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncqb View Post
    Does the tank part screw on top and bottom or is it just held by the o-rings relying on the center positive post to hold it all together.
    Tank is threaded.
    Dragoncqb likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncqb View Post
    Hey Eric will this the Hydra, Drip Tip for 510 - Anodized Whistle Tip - Silver
    Attachment 145328
    I have that exact tip and it fits rather loosly in the Hydra - maybe a fatter o-ring would make it tight. I don't have any to try though, at the moment.
    Dragoncqb likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsy5 View Post
    I have that exact tip and it fits rather loosly in the Hydra - maybe a fatter o-ring would make it tight. I don't have any to try though, at the moment.
    You could probably take off the o-ring and put some thread or teflon tape underneath it to make the fit a little more snug.
    dsy5 and Dragoncqb like this.
    Devices: SS GGTS #1586, VHO Titan v1.5, eVic, Jazz and EPM e-pipes, VMOD 2.0
    Favorite JDSs: Kayfun Lite, GP Spheroid, Penelope, UFS, Vapage Shifu atomizers
    Juice: Ahlusion, GoodeJuice House Brewed, and Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com

Senior Member ECF Veteran Dragoncqb's Avatar

Thanks dsy5 for the fast heads up getting a order together, you know how it is. Thanks Tezcatlipoca for the tip. A like for both of you
    Tezcatlipoca likes this.
    You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead ( Stan Laurel )

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Well I was going to get another Hydra today, but...

I just seen the AGA Tiamet and decided to give that one a try! Looks a little on the large side, but I like the clear tank and, if it is as good as the Hydra, I don't think I can go wrong. It will probabaly need the same kind of tweaking as the Hydra so we'll see how it goes.
    Swarley, pounder and Tezcatlipoca like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I just seen the AGA Tiamet and decided to give that one a try! Looks a little on the large side, but I like the clear tank and, if it is as good as the Hydra, I don't think I can go wrong. It will probabaly need the same kind of tweaking as the Hydra so we'll see how it goes.
    I just did the exact same thing! The clear tank sold me.
    dsy5, Swarley and Dragoncqb like this.
    Devices: SS GGTS #1586, VHO Titan v1.5, eVic, Jazz and EPM e-pipes, VMOD 2.0
    Favorite JDSs: Kayfun Lite, GP Spheroid, Penelope, UFS, Vapage Shifu atomizers
    Juice: Ahlusion, GoodeJuice House Brewed, and Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com

Mod Addict Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Oh man if I wasn't in a co-op for the new Tiamet I would have bought one already. Oh well just gonna have to play the waiting game a little longer than if I got them from Eric
    Vela760,Vari,BBM,EA Mod,CCTS,ShanDNAMod
    ChemesisX2,Choldiac,ChiN-U

EnigmaRDA,DID,ST(c),AL1,Kraken(c),PulseG(c),KFL+(c)X2
    Vapaholic Creations

Mod Addict Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

As a side note...

That center positive pin is so small in diameter, I don't like how sloppy it is in the top section - it moves about very easily and when I swap the Hydra to other devices, just the movement of the pin in the battery end is enough to cause the very top coil to short.

What I did (I said DID!) to fix it was to take a battery post insulator from a carto and replace the top insulator supplied. Then I stripped the insulation off a piece of 12/2 house wiring wire about 3-4mm in length and pushed that into the center of the carto insulator. When reassembled there is no wobble at all. I put a small washer on before the first nut, too. When get back to work tomorrow, I'm going to try to find another small nut like the first one and double up.
    Something else to try is take one of the larger knurled nuts and switch it with the smaller hex nut the give that post a little more rigidity I think it's because I can really tighten that knurled nut more that the smaller hex and it has more surface area to hold the post,maybe. Not exactly sure why but it working for me. But I still can't set mine up yet, oh well
    Vela760,Vari,BBM,EA Mod,CCTS,ShanDNAMod
    ChemesisX2,Choldiac,ChiN-U

EnigmaRDA,DID,ST(c),AL1,Kraken(c),PulseG(c),KFL+(c)X2
    Vapaholic Creations

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I was ready to pull the trigger on another Hydra also this morning,saw the Tiamet and ordered it.The clear tank is what sold me also.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast