Pricing and longevity question P.T.3
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 0mg Meniere

Thread: Pricing and longevity question P.T.3

Life is Good Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Pricing and longevity question P.T.3

Before I buy the Pro Tank 3 can you give me a estimate cost on a 5 pack of coils please. I really like the way most of the coils work on the P.T.2 but my slight problem is that I use 1 to two coils each day. I'm approaching the 300 coil mark and it is a bit pricey for me. Not complaining mind you because the joyous feeling of filling a tank only one and a half times a day, being able to use a simple spinner type device and mostly getting that wonderful draw and crackle hit I absolutely love is worth it. So my question (and I do realize it's possibly a bit early) Do these P.T.3 coils perform as well? Are they lasting any longer for YOU! vs. the P.T.2 coils? That's it! Thanks

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Are you really changing the coil every time you refill the tank??

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sonicdsl View Post
    Are you really changing the coil every time you refill the tank??
    Not religiously but that is a close estimate. I love the 1.8's but they are the shortest life. By life I mean I could still use it because it is still working but the flavor diminishes and when that happens it's on to the next. The 2.5 lasted a little longer but the feel of it wasn't as good for me (less crackle). I'm on the 2.2 now and it's actually working better than the others. It could just be a really good coil made perfect..I won't know till I get through the entire 50.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Drop them in hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to clean them and extend the life of them

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1234 View Post
    Drop them in hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to clean them and extend the life of them
    You know DeeDee, I have always done that with my atomizers and never once thought of doing that with these coils. I use Everclear to clean all my ecig stuff so I will give it a whirl. I'll let ya know and thanks for the tip!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I cleaned (or soaked ) 5 of them. It did make them better for an hour or two. I think one of the dilemmas I'm facing and can't get around is the juice I use. It's sweet, all vg nic, and plenty of cinnamon. That can't be good for a coil so I'm just gonna have to take what I get. Still love the Pro Tank 2. I wish I would hear from some folks on how they are liking the ProTank 3 coils?
    Anyway, Happy Holidays

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wow. Just wow. That's a lot of coils! More power to ya, I usually try to get two weeks out of a coil, and feel bummed out if one stops behaving before that.

Not trying to tell you you're wrong in any way, just in awe of your determination to only get perfect performance out of them. For what it's wort, I hope the pt3 coils work out a lot better for ya!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran 0mg Meniere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
    I cleaned (or soaked ) 5 of them. It did make them better for an hour or two.
    I am not using ProTank. However, I change coils often, but set them aside. Once I have a good-size bunch, I soak them overnight with a tablet of denture cleaner. The next day, I rinse them off and dry them. Then I test each one. The denture cleaner has done the same as a dry burn, so all I need to see is whether the coil lights up evenly. I am sure that my procedure saves both coils and batteries.
    Cnew likes this.

I had that problem. I thought the vivi novas didn't work after a short time. No draw. Then I finally realized that they need to be dry burned when that happens. Looks like they can be soaked in denture cleaner, peroxide or ever clear as well. Much less expensive and they work again!