White Cloud Flings - Fast Review - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 141 to 150 of 150
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: White Cloud Flings - Fast Review

  1. #141
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    HeadInClouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    under ground
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default photo of non-drawing Halo Fling

    four2109, White Cloud customer support tells me Flings use Lithium Ion batteries, "which contain no acid", and that this substance is most likely just adhesive used to attach the plastic cover over the battery. I'm honestly not entirely convinced. I've saved the Fling in question and will test some of the substance with a pH strip. If it's near neutral pH maybe I'll relax, but if it is acid I plan to investigate further. It is definitely a powder that has hardened, but it's easily broken apart. I absolutely believe I could have inhaled whatever it is if I'd puffed harder. And I am VERY suspicious of the other Fling that draws very hard. I may disassemble it to see if it's similar.

    Customer service gave me a 10% off coupon. (I had requested a replacement of this one and the one hard-to-draw, which would have been 20% of a 10 Fling order.) They encouraged me to return any that don't draw easily, and they'd replace those, too. They wouldn't pay the postage to do that, of course. I'm more inclined to do some testing on them, just to satisfy my own fears/curiosity. I think that's worth the $3 minus postage that a replacement Fling would cost.
    (update: they did mail me free replacements for both Flings, so I didn't have to pay any shipping.)

    Here is a picture of the one that wouldn't draw, along with a "normal" one for comparison. You all can be the judge.... I'll post results from the pH test when I find my test strips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White Cloud Flings - Fast Review-wc3.jpg  
    Last edited by HeadInClouds; 09-06-2013 at 04:29 PM.

  2. #142
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Interesting, I think I will start opening mine up when they die.
    BATTERIES CAN EXPLODE!
    Do your homework. Understand The Risks.
    If you don't understand it, DON"T DO IT!

  3. #143
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Just got my 10 pack this weekend. Cant complain at all, I broke open 8 of the ten to try the flavors, no issues with any. I'm loving the Banana.

    All have great vapor IMO. I ordered extra strength for all except Banana, and it definitely hits me. The Banana is full strength, and I think I would step down to that if I order again.

    Throat Hit is pretty strong on the extra strength, and a bit smoother on the Banana (full). I'm a noob, so I'm Not sure it nic content is supposed dictate TH or not.

    Espresso was nice, Iced Berry was as well. Zero K had strong menthol flavor. Bad Apple seemed weak on the flavor content.
    Regular was my least favorite.

    Overall, I am happy with the purchase.

  4. #144
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwhat View Post
    Throat Hit is pretty strong on the extra strength, and a bit smoother on the Banana (full). I'm a noob, so I'm Not sure it nic content is supposed dictate TH or not.
    I ordered the Double Extra Strength the first time, the first few hits were almost painful, burnt my tongue. Since then I stick to the Extra ...

  5. #145
    Moved On ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    lv
    Posts
    3,229

    Default

    Extra Strength might be too much for the first time!

  6. #146
    Full Member Rdizl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Never tried the flings or mini flings, but the Mini Flings are on sale for $.99 each when you buy 10 or more.

    I ordered about 35 in various flavors to try as well as a case. At under $50 for 35 minis (a 25 order and a 10 order) with a case it was too good of a deal to pass up. After I find the flavors I like I will probably order more because of the convenience of using and tossing while out and about, but keep my Mod for at home.
    Turbo likes this.

  7. #147
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I wish they would just sell their ejuice. I love their Apache and Atlantic Cut flavors!!!!
    Ken Murray likes this.

  8. #148
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NC/USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdizl View Post
    Never tried the flings or mini flings, but the Mini Flings are on sale for $.99 each when you buy 10 or more.

    I ordered about 35 in various flavors to try as well as a case. At under $50 for 35 minis (a 25 order and a 10 order) with a case it was too good of a deal to pass up. After I find the flavors I like I will probably order more because of the convenience of using and tossing while out and about, but keep my Mod for at home.
    Thanks for the heads up, I've been meaning to try these so I bit and ordered 10. W/ shipping they're $1.50/ea. I'm a fan of Njoy Kings (minus their price) and will be curious to compare the two against each other. I ordered XX and X strength as that's the closest level to the Njoy Kings they offer. I found the 3.0% Kings were too weak in the mini form and use their 4.5%. Now if I vaped these levels on my Genisis mod it'd blow my head off!

    I also like disposables for certain occasions where taking my mod isn't practical. If these are as good as the Kings I'll be happy. I've tried the Krave Kings and they were not near as good as Njoy's.
    Smoke free and vaping since October 25, 2009

    Started w/ 401, then 808, next Provari and Genisis mods.

  9. #149
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Turbo, Don't be too disappointed if they don't last as long as a King. Apparently they are rejects that WC is unloading at a discount. 500,000 of them. The site says "50 puff Trial Size", compared to the packaging that says 100-200 puffs. I guess they were either made with a smaller battery, or maybe not fully charged. I think I got one in my last regular mini order, because it had a noticeably shorter life.
    I also got another email from them polling whether to keep the minis or not. I like them but would prefer a midi, like a standard 510 size if it would increase the battery life. I find the regular Flings to be to big, and a harder draw.
    Still for $1.50, they are a good deal for the times you want a disposable.
    Turbo likes this.
    BATTERIES CAN EXPLODE!
    Do your homework. Understand The Risks.
    If you don't understand it, DON"T DO IT!

  10. #150
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NC/USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by four2109 View Post
    Turbo, Don't be too disappointed if they don't last as long as a King. Apparently they are rejects that WC is unloading at a discount. 500,000 of them. The site says "50 puff Trial Size", compared to the packaging that says 100-200 puffs. I guess they were either made with a smaller battery, or maybe not fully charged. I think I got one in my last regular mini order, because it had a noticeably shorter life.
    I also got another email from them polling whether to keep the minis or not. I like them but would prefer a midi, like a standard 510 size if it would increase the battery life. I find the regular Flings to be to big, and a harder draw.
    Still for $1.50, they are a good deal for the times you want a disposable.
    Thanks for the info, that would probably explain why they're so cheap... It'd be nice if Njoy or White Cloud would make these more affordable all the time. I'm ok w/ shorter batt life in a disposable that mimics an analog but to pass off undercharged or the like isn't quite kosher, but as you said, they're still a good deal for occasional use.
    Smoke free and vaping since October 25, 2009

    Started w/ 401, then 808, next Provari and Genisis mods.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks