What if Disposables Didn't have the light? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What if Disposables Didn't have the light?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Debra_oh View Post
    White cloud has the mini on sale for under a $1 when you buy 10 or more. You can stock up pretty cheaply.

Also, quite a few vape shops in and around Chicago to visit, partial list...
    State of Illinois
    Yes, I have ten of them, very impressed by them, hope they keep the price down after their sale however. I would be a steady customer for a cheap mini.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CJLaity View Post
    Yes, I have ten of them, very impressed by them, hope they keep the price down after their sale however. I would be a steady customer for a cheap mini.
    I would order a bunch now if you like them. They say they are doing 500,000 at that price but who knows when they will all be gone.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Debra_oh View Post
    I would order a bunch now if you like them. They say they are doing 500,000 at that price but who knows when they will all be gone.
    Yeah I'm planning to order about fifty of them but still trying out the ones I have in order to decide which ones I like the best.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJLaity View Post
    Actually in my case it is the exact OPPOSITE. I started vaping in order to take up the habit again. I quit smoking about eight years ago for two reasons: it was making me feel ill and I live in Chicago where packs of cigarettes are now over ten bucks EACH.

Recently I've been dieting, part of that is not drinking beer which I love to do, so I thought smoking could be a crutch to help me keep my mind off of drinking but the analogs make me sick so I've tried disposable vapes and I love vaping, it's doing wonders, have no craving to drink because the nicotine buzz is doing a good replacement job keeping my mind off of it, but the BATTERIES suck.

I know eventually I will probably get a kit but right now I just can't see me dedicating that much time to buying different stuff and trying out different juices and so forth. I've been working long hours, when I get home I like to play a few hours of Skyrim and then I've about had it and I'm off to bed. Pretty soon I need to edit a major anthology and that will take up all my free time, so turning vaping into a hobby at this point is off the table.

I just wish the industry would get its collective head out of its butt when it comes to disposables because I'm sure a LOT of people get turned off to vaping the first time they waste eight bucks on a cig with a battery that has a five hour lifespan.
    You are broken so sorry that your going thru this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Harlen View Post
    You are broken so sorry that your going thru this.
    What do you mean I "am broken"? I'm not broken. And what exactly do you suggest that I'm "going through"? I'm having a good time. Not sure what you read in my comment that makes you think that I'm "going through" something.
    four2109 and propagandax like this.

So far I've liked the Vanilla, Bad Apple, Expresso, Atlantic Cut, Kick and Zero K Flings. I didn't much care for the Menthol, Iced Berry, Bora Bora or Moscow Mule.

Cig2.0 Raspberry Mint actually comes with a shamrock green light on the end. Not a fave. Few people look good with a green light reflecting on their faces. Blue lights aren't much better, but at least I'm partial to the color blue.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

My lights range from red to white to green.

Fortunately, even a very poor LED wouldn't draw more than 20 ma (milliamps, or 0.02 amps) to generate decent light, and good ones easily generate pretty bright light (for an indicator) at 8 ma (0.008 amps). Very large and high-power LEDs may draw more, but we wouldn't use those on our vapes. You can light a room with some of them!

Since even I, a low-power vaper, draw 1.8 A from the battery, that extra 0.02 isn't significant (and since my device uses an SMD LED, I doubt it draws the full 20 ma).

In disposables, battery life is limited by the size of the battery and the quality. In a disposable, they wouldn't want to use a real high quality one as the expense would be rather high. And the size is always pretty small due to the form factor they're trying to reproduce.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Agree that disposables didn't cut the mustard when I wanted to quit. But two disposable fruit flavors I liked inspired me to quit instantly, because I bought an eGo starter kit. I kept smoking tobacco/cloves until I got the eGo. I still pick up a couple of Glo Blueberry disposables every month or so, just as backup. I think they are specially-made for a local upscale chain of gas station-groceries, though. Only see them at Parker's. Parker's only has stores in GA and SC, near the coast.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Personally I think the light is stupid and makes me feel like I'm playing with a child's toy. OK I can see the reason for a red one that actually looks like the end of a cig but a big white or blue bulb at the end of your cig?? WHY???
    Cig-a-likes are meant to mimic analog cigarettes as much as possible. I always figured the light on the end was training wheels.
    ~ been vaping since February 25, 2011 ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12