What if Disposables Didn't have the light?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What if Disposables Didn't have the light?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default What if Disposables Didn't have the light?

I've had it with buying disposables. I haven't found one yet retail that lives up to its promises and this is because the battery, without fail, dies prematurely. Wouldn't the battery last longer if there wasn't a stupid light on the end of the cig? Or is the power it takes to light that little light insignificant, compared to what it takes to vape the liquid? I would think if there wasn't a light attached to the end of the cig the battery would last longer and it wouldn't burn out so quickly. Do we really need a light to tell us vapor is coming out (I don't, the throat hit tells me that) or is it just to make us feel like we're actually smoking a cigarette? If it came down to having a stupid light or having a few more puffs, I'd take the puffs because I'm not paying for the stupid light. Any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by vaperature; 10-10-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    cthulhufan and Lorelei like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The energy it takes to light up an LED is, in fact, insignificant compared to the energy to takes to vaporize the liquid. I wouldn't think that you'd get more that one or two additional puffs if they took the light off.
    MorpheusPA likes this.

ECF Veteran

For what you spend on disposables you could get a nice set-up & have a much more pleasurable exp.. Heck you could have a Provari for prob less than a months worth of disposables.
    ItTechy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by eyebedam View Post
    For what you spend on disposables you could get a nice set-up & have a much more pleasurable exp.. Heck you could have a Provari for prob less than a months worth of disposables.
    Yes, I understand that, but I'm not ready to invest in a kit nor have I been able to research which are the best kits. I'm smoking disposables to see if I like it enough to even do that. I think that's what a lot of people do. Also, in my case, I simply don't have the time to make vaping a hobby at this point, just want something that I can pull out of my pocket with ease while I'm working or doing whatever. Unfortunately the disposable market has a lot to be desired, mainly because of the battery problem. My guess is that I'm out here right now in the the suburbs of Chicago on an extended stay for a job and the stores around me probably don't sell a lot of disposables so they've probably been sitting there for who knows how long draining their batteries. My little White Cloud Fling that I got through the mail directly from White Cloud lasted three times as long as the Finiti that I got from the local Walgreens, for example, even though the Fling is suppose to equal one pack and the Finiti two packs.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
    The energy it takes to light up an LED is, in fact, insignificant compared to the energy to takes to vaporize the liquid. I wouldn't think that you'd get more that one or two additional puffs if they took the light off.
    That's what I figured.
    MorpheusPA likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It would how ever be easier to take a stealth vape without the stupid light.....
    ItTechy, MorpheusPA and Lorelei like this.

ECF Veteran

Personally I think the light is stupid and makes me feel like I'm playing with a child's toy. OK I can see the reason for a red one that actually looks like the end of a cig but a big white or blue bulb at the end of your cig?? WHY???
    Lorelei likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

White cloud has the mini on sale for under a $1 when you buy 10 or more. You can stock up pretty cheaply.

Also, quite a few vape shops in and around Chicago to visit, partial list...
    http://vaporsearchusa.com/il.htm
    Last edited by Debra_oh; 10-11-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: added link

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's so you can see you receipt where you paid too much for a bad flashlight! LOL
    (The white lighted ones)

Honestly if you are looking for a cigarette / cigar / smoking replacement device, the cigalikes as they are called rarely help or rather satisfy most smokers.

I earnestly suggest you search these forums for suggestions on getting started in vaping, and look for direction / suggestions on "stater type kits or set ups"

I know that is not what you started this discussion about, but I personally started with the cigalikes as many of us do in an attempt to get off the smokes, not necessarily to quit nicotine....

I am a vaping fiend and use very high strength nic juice so no I am not trying to quit nic, but I know if you or anyone wants to quit the "smoking" habit and replace it something a little stick with a led in it will ultimately just hack you off!

My two worth...

Quote Originally Posted by CJLaity View Post
    Personally I think the light is stupid and makes me feel like I'm playing with a child's toy. OK I can see the reason for a red one that actually looks like the end of a cig but a big white or blue bulb at the end of your cig?? WHY???
    Lorelei likes this.

Ex his electi ProVarianti-videbimus lumen
    Provarianti eligit in vobis non eligere Provarianti

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ItTechy View Post
    That's so you can see you receipt where you paid too much for a bad flashlight! LOL
    (The white lighted ones)

Honestly if you are looking for a cigarette / cigar / smoking replacement device, the cigalikes as they are called rarely help or rather satisfy most smokers.

I earnestly suggest you search these forums for suggestions on getting started in vaping, and look for direction / suggestions on "stater type kits or set ups"

I know that is not what you started this discussion about, but I personally started with the cigalikes as many of us do in an attempt to get off the smokes, not necessarily to quit nicotine....

I am a vaping fiend and use very high strength nic juice so no I am not trying to quit nic, but I know if you or anyone wants to quit the "smoking" habit and replace it something a little stick with a led in it will ultimately just hack you off!

My two worth...
    Actually in my case it is the exact OPPOSITE. I started vaping in order to take up the habit again. I quit smoking about eight years ago for two reasons: it was making me feel ill and I live in Chicago where packs of cigarettes are now over ten bucks EACH.

Recently I've been dieting, part of that is not drinking beer which I love to do, so I thought smoking could be a crutch to help me keep my mind off of drinking but the analogs make me sick so I've tried disposable vapes and I love vaping, it's doing wonders, have no craving to drink because the nicotine buzz is doing a good replacement job keeping my mind off of it, but the BATTERIES suck.

I know eventually I will probably get a kit but right now I just can't see me dedicating that much time to buying different stuff and trying out different juices and so forth. I've been working long hours, when I get home I like to play a few hours of Skyrim and then I've about had it and I'm off to bed. Pretty soon I need to edit a major anthology and that will take up all my free time, so turning vaping into a hobby at this point is off the table.

I just wish the industry would get its collective head out of its butt when it comes to disposables because I'm sure a LOT of people get turned off to vaping the first time they waste eight bucks on a cig with a battery that has a five hour lifespan.
    ItTechy and Lorelei like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast