Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: FINITI contains Ethanol: WHY??

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJLaity View Post
    Well there are fads among kids where they "smoke" alcohol to get high, so I'm just wondering what the effects of vaping ethanol has on the body.
    Ethanol is pure grain alcohol. Not harmful for us. Drink enough of it and we get drunk. A few drops in a bottle of juice would not do that. Your feeling lightheaded was from something else.
    UncleChuck and Vapoor eyes er like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member vaperature's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
    Ethanol is pure grain alcohol. Not harmful for us. Drink enough of it and we get drunk. A few drops in a bottle of juice would not do that. Your feeling lightheaded was from something else.
    Something else? I just listed the ingredients so which one was the something else? Drink enough grain alcohol and you will get drunk? Yeah, like a thimble full. Are you basing your opinion on scientific fact that vaping a small amount of ethanol won't have any intoxicating affects or is that just an assumption on your part?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ethanol(alcohol) used to disperse Oil Based Flavorings:
    Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, etc.

Check the Diy section

Dihydrogen Monoxide - Now that one I worry about.

Op, along with this ridiculous scare post, you do realize minute amounts of Alcohol, generally 1% or less in total mix, Evaporate naturally and under Vaporization.............right.
    Last edited by crxess; 10-19-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Melvin Boba TK Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A Makers Mark flavor wouldn't be bad either. Or how about a real bitter IPA?
    Double like. Or Honey Jack.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Ethanol(alcohol used to disperse Oil Based Flavorings:

That is not the IUPAC recognized chemical name. If you knew that you wouldn't have repeated another post, lol.
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.
    Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't vape the same apv's as me.

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Ethanol(alcohol used to disperse Oil Based Flavorings:

Check the Diy dection

Op, along with this ridiculous scare post, you do realize minute amounts of Alcohol, generally 1% or less in total mix, Evaporate naturally and under Vaporization.............right.
    Scare post? I'm asking a legitimate question. No, I did not know that, that's why I'm asking obviously. If I knew everything I wouldn't be asking, now would I? I don't care what's "generally" in a mix. The ingredient list says Ethanol. That could mean a minute amount or it could mean that additional ethanol has been added for one effect or another. I'm not going to make assumptions when I'm putting stuff into my own lungs. Why use all the scientific terminology in the first place? Why not call nicotine nictotine if not to just confuse us about what's actually in their product. No, I'm not liking the FINITI ingredients one bit and I also didn't like the way it made me feel. That wasn't a nicotine reaction I felt, it was something else.
    smacuser likes this.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Moved to disposables.

Kindly watch the thread titles.

Melvin Boba TK Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Scare post? I'm asking a legitimate question. No, I did not know that, that's why I'm asking obviously. If I knew everything I wouldn't be asking, now would I? I don't care what's "generally" in a mix. The ingredient list says Ethanol. That could mean a minute amount or it could mean that additional ethanol has been added for one effect or another. I'm not going to make assumptions when I'm putting stuff into my own lungs. Why use all the scientific terminology in the first place? Why not call nicotine nictotine if not to just confuse us about what's actually in their product. No, I'm not liking the FINITI ingredients one bit and I also didn't like the way it made me feel. That wasn't a nicotine reaction I felt, it was something else.
    I got flamed once talking about disposals, but when your out and in a jam, what are you going to do? The FDA is really going to try to get these disposals inline, at the same time ruin what we know to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    Moved to disposables.

Kindly watch the thread titles.
    OK. Thought of it more as a general discussion since the same ingredients can probably be found in any e-liquid, but you're the boss and I appreciate that this site is moderated since that keeps out the trolls and those who just generally like to be nasty. Have to go to work. I'll be back later to continue this lively discussion. Good vaping.
    Last edited by vaperature; 10-19-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smacuser View Post
    I got flamed once talking about disposals, but when your out and in a jam, what are you going to do? The FDA is really going to try to get these disposals inline, at the same time ruin what we know to be better.
    Personally I see the market turning toward improved disposables. How many people who would actually like to switch to vaping have the time and money to invest in trying out all sorts of kits. In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if there's more disposable use than from e-kits which is why I find it surprising that this site doesn't have a more prominent disposable forum but just one buried there under specific models. But I'm not criticizing you guys there, I think you're great and it's your site so I'll be more careful next time to place my thread under the proper category. Have to go to work now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast