Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicotine: Box Elder Chemical Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Infernal2 View Post
    I just ordered... we shall see.
    Please let us know. When I got to the C.O.D. ... I stalled

magma (510) -> 5v PT -> GLV2 (5v)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It seems that after you order they add on shipping (not surprised by this) but will waive the shipping if you choose to pay with paypal. I left it at COD because while I understand, it still seemed a bit odd. I'll keep everyone updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
    "It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing."

Default Tried the liquid

I received a 250ml bottle of 48mg VG from Box Elder Chemical Supply.

After drawing a 2ml sample and transferring it to a clear glass vial, I examined it for appearance. It was clear with a faintly yellowish tint.

I sniffed it for odor but really couldn't tell much. There didn't seem to be any solvent smell.

I took a droplet and tasted it. Yep, that's nicotine... I got the familiar peppery burn on the tongue within a few seconds. No actual taste, just the nic sting.

I diluted it to 80% concentration with distilled water, which should have produced a 38mg/ml strength base. I cleaned the primer out of a new EM LR 901 atomizer and put it on an eGo, added the liquid and vaped it to check the taste and effect.

Not much taste to it that I could tell, plenty of vapor as you would expect from VG in an LR atty, moderate throat hit. I dripped and vaped it for about half an hour, by which time I was getting a nic buzz and my ears began ringing slightly (slightly more than usual; I have tinnitus).

I used the remaining small amount of base to make a cinnamon/hazelnut juice which I vaped the next day. No off taste that I could tell.

In conclusion, this particular bottle of unflavored liquid is acceptable to me. It might not be up to the standard of Xtreme Vaping's liquid but it appears to be pure enough and potent enough to serve.
    "Is freedom anything else than the right to live as we wish? Nothing else." --Epictetus

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Switched's Avatar

Thanks for taking one for the team Max.

No problem, Switched. Glad to do my bit for good ol' ECF.
    "Is freedom anything else than the right to live as we wish? Nothing else." --Epictetus

ECF Veteran

COD? Whats that all about. I went to there site and was going to order, then payment method came up,only choice I had was USPS COD, I'm assuming that means cash on delivery. Seems odd to me. Maybe its ok.
    I have not come across that choice ever when ordering on line.

Three things happen when you get old.
    You start to lose your memory, I can't remember the other two!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Switched's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxUT View Post
    No problem, Switched. Glad to do my bit for good ol' ECF.
    When it comes to unflavoured only one man sees my business and that is Levy. So when I say thank you for taking one for the team, those are indeed high props.

I know you do your research well so I wasn't too concerned. I do see folks though that just go for the cheapest possible, and that is definitely something to be avoided AFAIC, just too risky.

Your tests indicate what is to be expected wrt quality and taste. I have read of late that some liquids smell like WD40, and that is a NO NO, and shouldn't require any flavouring or menthol to mask the taste. Vaping unflavoured liquid should taste blah or a faint peppery taste.

ECF Veteran

So you think xtremevaping has a good quality non flavored nic juice. I have tried healthcabin and Chris's nic juice at myfreedomsmokes so far. Some odor from healthcabin (VG based 39mg)w/lid off, no odor from MFS (PG based 30mg), but they both do have an odd taste when vapped plain. Can the higher nic level cause bitter taste?

Three things happen when you get old.
    You start to lose your memory, I can't remember the other two!

To Mikecup:

IMO:

COD - usually means collect on delivery with a money order or cashiers check.

This probably means that the Supplier has not set up a credit card system for payment.
    The Supplier set up COD terms with shipper so that the customer does not have to wait for supplies, and make sure Supplier is not getting jipped from customer for non payment of items. ???

Again IMO.
    Last edited by tweazee; 09-15-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added user name I am replying to.

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

I just placed a fresh order from Levy yesterday, only man I trust and purchase from, he has the cleanest Nic around and if you have any questions the man is straight up and will answer anything you ever wanted to know about Nic.!!!
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast