Cumulative list of e-liquid additives?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cumulative list of e-liquid additives?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Cumulative list of e-liquid additives?

I was wondering if there was a website or a place that lists all of the currently known e-liquid additives?
    I currently only know of the following:
    Sweeteners (sucralose, stevia)
    Menthyl methyl lactate (PA's Koolada)
    Ethyl Maltol
    Malic Acid (PA's Sour Mix)
    Q-Hit (Throat hit additive)
    Throat Hit +
    Diablo Loco (A DV flavor concentrate that adds TH due to SHU rating of 500,000)
    PGA (Added to thin VG or add throat hit)
    Menthol Crystals/Liquid
    Caffeine
    Herbal Extracts

I was hoping that there was a more concise list that showed which vendors carried additives and the effects of the additives on e-liquid. I believe that new DIYers would benefit from a list of additives for eliquid. I gained my list solely from items that I've seen vendors carry during my purchases and I'm sure that there are more out there. For example, I know there are bitter agents and PH balancers available but I have no idea of possible vendors. Similar to the bubbly effect in colas. I've studied carbonation techniques, but I'm unsure if this is a safe thing to do to an e-liquid.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Try liberty-flights.com for the bitter agents and PH balancers. They used to carry them. I believe that both are made by FlavourArt.
    MOD HOARDER

ECF Veteran

Thanks hairball. I've got plenty of flavors but I am lacking all of the additives that I need to make things suitable to my tastes. I think I'll start checking all of the suppliers and flavor concentrate companies to see if there are any that I missed. I know that the standout flavors that I enjoy aren't created solely through adding flavors into a bottle.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnineDenial View Post
    I was wondering if there was a website or a place that lists all of the currently known e-liquid additives?
    I currently only know of the following:
    Sweeteners (sucralose, stevia)
    Menthyl methyl lactate (PA's Koolada)
    Ethyl Maltol
    Malic Acid (PA's Sour Mix)
    Q-Hit (Throat hit additive)
    Throat Hit +
    Diablo Loco (A DV flavor concentrate that adds TH due to SHU rating of 500,000)
    PGA (Added to thin VG or add throat hit)
    Menthol Crystals/Liquid
    Caffeine
    Herbal Extracts

I was hoping that there was a more concise list that showed which vendors carried additives and the effects of the additives on e-liquid. I believe that new DIYers would benefit from a list of additives for eliquid. I gained my list solely from items that I've seen vendors carry during my purchases and I'm sure that there are more out there. For example, I know there are bitter agents and PH balancers available but I have no idea of possible vendors. Similar to the bubbly effect in colas. I've studied carbonation techniques, but I'm unsure if this is a safe thing to do to an e-liquid.
    Excellent idea! Will need to be a sticky, too!!!

ECF Veteran

If someone who knows more about this topic could create a sticky- that would be great! I know that questions about these additives pop up at least once a day (generally the throat hit ones). It would be nice to have an area to direct new members to and just a general area for new DIYers to find this information. Plenty of these additives exist, but they either aren't commonly known or it is difficult to find them.

I've been searching for a way to make a bubbly sensation in e-liquid for a while now, but I'm aware that vendors don't like to give out that information. I've heard things like baking soda, cinnamon, and menthol are all used to create that effect. Though, I still wonder if carbonation would be effective on an e-liquid solution. There are small C02 dispensing machines that can be purchased and used at home. That may be my next step if I cannot find it on here.

There also seem to be a lack of reviews/information about these additives. I've only seen caffeine offered by DV, Vapor Renu, and Joogler Juice. I know that the caffeine works and can be added in small enough doses so that it isn't a problem for e-liquid use.

Of the throat hit additives, PGA seems to work occasionally (does not have much of an effect on cheesecake and other light TH vapes).. Qhit requires a large amount in the final solution to be effective, and Throat Hit + receives mixed reviews.

All of these additives can be just as important as flavors to a DIYer. Finding all of the information needed in one place would be very useful.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I've been searching for a way to make a bubbly sensation in e-liquid for a while now
    Just FYI: PA's Champagne is great at this!

ECF Veteran

What percentage is recommended? I know I use about a 1% to 2% percentage of Diablo Loco to add TH to juices without changing the flavor. Or is the Champagne such a mild flavor that it wouldn't matter?

Super Member ECF Veteran

What percentage is recommended? I know I use about a 1% to 2% percentage of Diablo Loco to add TH to juices without changing the flavor. Or is the Champagne such a mild flavor that it wouldn't matter?
    It really doesn't matter. The "flavor" is very mild, so it may be just what you want. At 20%, still not a lot of impact on flavors, but the effect increases.

Hope this helps!

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

I am going to keep an eye on this thread and post the results to the e liquid recipe book as a separate page title additives. I will start with the ones you have already list SaturnineDenial and add to them as they are posted. Great idea for all of us DIY'ers out there.

Blog Entries

Besides PGA (Added to thin VG or add throat hit) , add in Vodka, 50/50 PGA and distilled water, thins VG without affecting the TH nearly as much. Works well for fruit or chocolate where you don't want to increase the TH.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast