Some members have chosen to adapt the ingredients commonly found in e-smoking liquid and make their own varieties.
The handling of pure nicotine and the chemicals needed to create e-liquid must be done only by those qualified to work with dangerous materials.
Any information contained within this forum is acted on at the user's own risk.
E-cigarette-forum cannot be held responsible for individuals causing injury or even death to themselves or others by following the information contained in this forum.
Anyone considering doing so must bear in mind the following:
- Nicotine is an extremely toxic substance. More so that arsenic, milligram for milligram. Its extraction, storage and use in e-liquid pose a significant risk to the user and anyone who might come into contact with it.
- Never allow nicotine to touch your skin or allow it to build up in the atmosphere. Always wear suitable protective clothing and keep workspaces well ventilated.
- Extreme caution must always be applied in the handling of nicotine, especially where children are concerned - a drop of e-liquid that might make a long-term smoker feel sick will likely kill a child.
- All items contaminated by nicotine extraction or e-liquid mixing must be cleaned or disposed of accordingly. Treat it as toxic waste - do not allow it to pollute the environment or remain unattended or unsecured at any time. Contact your local authority to find what provisions there are for hazardous waste disposal before you attempt any e-liquid production.
- E-liquid and all substances used in its production must be stored securely away from children and pets and in child-proof bottles.
- Appropriate care must be taken to safeguard against fire-hazards. Many ingredients in e-liquid are highly flammable, as are many substances used in the extraction of nicotine.
Even following these guidelines cannot guarantee your safety.
If you do not have experience in handling dangerous chemicals do not attempt to do any DIY liquid manufacture. Buy your e-liquid supplies instead from one of the many manufacturers that already exist.
Again, E-Cigarette-Forum cannot be held responsible for injury or death caused by following any of the information found on the boards.