while searching for information about the evaporative properties of liquid nicotine, i found this one method for those interested in extraction methods from this site:
Psychonaut - Nicotine extraction
* the poster reccomends taking 1 pyrex beaker,
* Put the content of a rolling tobacoo pack in it.
* Put isopropyl alcohol halfway the height of the tobacco.
* Put an aluminum foil on top of the beaker,
* heat gently until you obtain a slime-like solution.
* Remove and discard the aluminum and the tobacco.
* Allow to evaporate for 15 mins.
The poster then cautions:
You now have pure nicotine. Take 2/3 drops with an eyedropper, put them on your finger and think about your life, you will only have about 5 minutes left
S/he then warns further:
NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT THAT EXTRACTION. I did once and i accidentally spitted (sic) like HALF of a drop on my hand : I was dizzy, vomiting, unable to remain up or concentrate and had a monstruous disorienting headache, FOR 1 HOUR.
so there you go.
what led me this post was a search to understand how much nicotine a cartidge left in my e-cig looses during the day, it being unsealed at the mouth piece.
from what i have experienced the effects of the nic carts diminishes greatly as the day continues. does anyone else feel this way? i understand that nicotine evaporates but thought perhaps the carts were designed in such a way to inhibit this..maybe it is an impossibility and maybe dry smoking/dripping is the only viable solution.