Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: MTS Vape Wizard???

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lyndagayle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default MTS Vape Wizard???

I got a bottle of Vape Wizard a couple of weeks ago and I have a question. Isn't it supposed to be thick? Mine is very thin, the consistency of all my other flavorings. It's very dark and I'm wondering if it's coincidence that it looks and smells just like my bottle of oakwood that I bought about a month ago. I'm thinking they might have sent me oakwood by accident. I've tried it in some of my juices and it doesn't seem to give it body, it just adds a smokey woody type of flavor that is good if you're using it in tobaccos, but not so good when added to any fruit. Thought I'd weigh in here before I contact my vendor about it because I have no clue what it's supposed to look and smell like. One description I read led me to believe it should be pretty thick. Anyone else use it?
    Life is like a grindstone. It can grind you down or polish you up, depending on what you're made of.

Blog Entries

It is thin and dark, but doesn't smell like Oakwood to me. Can't really discribe the smell, but it is not woody or sawdusty in any way.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

The MTS Mellow, Thick and Smooth is an accurate description of the effect on my recipes. It's not good in everything but I've not experienced a woody taste. It is a dark liquid. Your description doesn't sound like VW to me.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Mine's about the consistency of my other flavorings and is also dark. I haven't been able to successfully us it... I don't think. What type of flavors do you guys use it with? Would it be good in something like German chocolate cake or more for flavors you want to blend together rather than each be identifiable?

Blog Entries

Adds a body and takes sharp edges off of a mix. Can dull the flavor level if used with something without a sharp edge. Adds to vapor volume too.

I wouldn't use it in something like a german chocolate cake unless the pecan was putting a biting edge on it. Would use it with a watermelon to take the edge off the artificial taste. Does that makes sense?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I think so. Thanks. I can't think of too many mixes I have that have a sharp edge though. I have 3 all day vapes and only stray if I'm changing it up a bit but usually end up going back to those 3.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use it in black tea with honey and makes it more smooth. I did find out that it kills cinnamon for sure so don't use it with cinnamon extract from madvapes..

I don't use it in everything mostly the tea mix.

WendallB
    GoodDog likes this.
    The Young at Heart Gang, Join the conversations,
    I'm not old, just well steeped

Blog Entries

Thanks for the responses. I think I have the real thing now. The viscosity is what had me puzzled because I was thinking it would be thick like VG. It does have a smell similar to oak wood but there is a difference now that I've taken the time to do a real good sniff test with the nozzles off. Thanks for the help!
    Life is like a grindstone. It can grind you down or polish you up, depending on what you're made of.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yeah that sounds like VW. I prefer using VW with "darker" flavours... like tobacco, coffee, vanillas etc. For fruits and lighter flavours I prefer just using Magic Mask.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desertfremen View Post
    Yeah that sounds like VW. I prefer using VW with "darker" flavours... like tobacco, coffee, vanillas etc. For fruits and lighter flavours I prefer just using Magic Mask.
    Thanks for this response. I placed an order for a bottle of Magic Mask this afternoon. Maybe it will be the fix I'm needing for my fruit flavors. My success rate with fruits is not good. Tobaccos are much easier for me once I find one I like. The fruits...not so much. I like the taste of the fruits but they all have a lingering ether like taste that I can't calm down. I had no clue DIY'ing was going to be so challenging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast