Vinegar? - Page 53
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Like Tree727Likes

Thread: Vinegar?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm kind of thinking at the level of either that we are using that it really doesn't matter which one we use except based on personal taste/preference. But the end result is raising the acidity of the juice to promote the flavor.
    Tona Aspsusa likes this.

ECF Veteran

not sure I recall seeing this posted yet

The strength of vinegar is measured by the percent of acetic acid present in the product. All vinegar sold in the United States at the retail level should be at least 4% acidity as mandated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Typical white distilled vinegar is at least 4% acidity and not more than 7%. Cider and wine vinegars are typically slightly more acidic with approximately 5-6% acidity.

Super Member ECF Veteran Fernand's Avatar

I have no idea what part of my Malic/PG is the culprit, but I can't recommend it. I'll try distilled vinegar, seems like the cleanest option.

As to PG, no matter how pure, it has a taste. You can get used to it, it's not outright rank. But everybody I know after switching to all VG for a few days, wouldn't dream of going back. A few drops of water/alcohol thins VG perfectly, the taste and the vapor are wonderful.
    Bostonsnboxers likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ok, I know this is soooo a 100 posts ago but here's where I'm at. I added 1 drop of lemon to my fruits and 1 drop of ACV to my tobaccos (2 ML test bottles of FA @ low percentages, 70/30 no nic) and let them steep a week I do notice a bit of a flavor boost but more importantly, there is a overwhelming dryness/flatness to everything. Overall this new addition kind of ruins the benefits. did I do something wrong?
    Kicked Silver Bullet, Buzz Pro, ego twist, boge SR/LR, Tank / new DIY Mixologist

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pinellaspete View Post
    I can't say how I found out, but some vendors use vinegar in their mixes. Some of the vendors are highly regarded on the ECF.

Now what I want to find out, is the vinegar a left over from the tobacco extraction process or actually used in the mix?

Well...I'm going to give it a try in the next few days.

What do you think? Apple cider vinegar?

A lot of us have come to the conclusion that our juices are missing something. Could this be it?

Pete
    I sure would like to know more about this. Wonder what vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by micksf View Post
    Ok, I know this is soooo a 100 posts ago but here's where I'm at. I added 1 drop of lemon to my fruits and 1 drop of ACV to my tobaccos (2 ML test bottles of FA @ low percentages, 70/30 no nic) and let them steep a week I do notice a bit of a flavor boost but more importantly, there is a overwhelming dryness/flatness to everything. Overall this new addition kind of ruins the benefits. did I do something wrong?
    That's what happened to myself.. It was smooth, rather too smooth. It took away those sharp edges, and the bite. Then I vaped Black Fire without the vinegar for a few days. Went back and tried the Black Fire with the vinegar again, and tasted like pickled juice. I dumped 60ml. I only used 1 drop per 10ml. Not for me.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fernand View Post
    I have no idea what part of my Malic/PG is the culprit, but I can't recommend it. I'll try distilled vinegar, seems like the cleanest option.

As to PG, no matter how pure, it has a taste. You can get used to it, it's not outright rank. But everybody I know after switching to all VG for a few days, wouldn't dream of going back. A few drops of water/alcohol thins VG perfectly, the taste and the vapor are wonderful.
    Fernand I'm interested in this. Two questions.

1) I've heard nic base isn't so stable/enduring in 100% VG. Thoughts on this?

2) what proportion of DW/PGA do you use to total VG?

thanks!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Fernand, I like the idea of vaping clean VG....how much alcohol or water do you use in your mixes, ans isent pure VG carto and atty killers???

Thanks

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Vap View Post
    Fernand I'm interested in this. Two questions.

1) I've heard nic base isn't so stable/enduring in 100% VG. Thoughts on this?

2) what proportion of DW/PGA do you use to total VG?

thanks!
    I use all vg nic and have not had any issues. There is speculation that nic can become seperated in vg but it is just that, speculation. Most believe that if mixed properly it will stay suspended. If you are not sure give it a shake before using.

Thinning will depend on your equipment but I wouldn't use any more than 20% DW in pure VG or no more than 5% PGA. Some VG is already hydrated so be careful and start with a lower %. I find that flavoring alone will thin it enough for my equipment.
    Bostonsnboxers likes this.
    No Matter How Good She Looks, Someone Somewhere Is Tired Of Her Crap

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I'm jumping on the bandwagon (maybe you should start a new thread so we don't hijack the vinegar thread?). I would love to vape pure vg juice but the 'high concentration pockets of nic' in nic base thing scares me. I did get brave and order my last bottle 50/50 whereas before I always got my nic in 100% pg and used pure vg when mixing from there.

What's been your experience with this? Problems with pure vg nic base I mean...
    Jimi D. likes this.