Default Vinegar?

Has anyone ever used vinegar in a mix?

Thanks!

Pete
    VaVaunt and mahv like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Way back when, I'd soak totally gunked attys in vinegar to get the gradoo out of them. I've since learned to not let them get so bad.

I'd think the rock-bottom pH of vinegar would be detrimental in a mix, but what do I know? Anyone else?
    ~ been vaping since February 25, 2011 ~

ECF Veteran

That's the stuff that cleans hard water deposits out of the coffee machine, maybe it would clean thirty years of tar out of the lungs.
    No Matter How Good She Looks, Someone Somewhere Is Tired Of Her Crap

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyclassics View Post
    Way back when, I'd soak totally gunked attys in vinegar to get the gradoo out of them. I've since learned to not let them get so bad.

I'd think the rock-bottom pH of vinegar would be detrimental in a mix, but what do I know? Anyone else?
    I soak CE2 Cartomizers in Vinegar before I Dry Burn them. Cheaper than PGA or Vodka but doesn't go as well with Dr. Pepper though.

Quote Originally Posted by AzPlumber View Post
    That's the stuff that cleans hard water deposits out of the coffee machine, maybe it would clean thirty years of tar out of the lungs.
    Also Removes Rust and does wonders for BBQ Grilles.

Super Member ECF Veteran pinellaspete's Avatar

I can't say how I found out, but some vendors use vinegar in their mixes. Some of the vendors are highly regarded on the ECF.

Now what I want to find out, is the vinegar a left over from the tobacco extraction process or actually used in the mix?

Well...I'm going to give it a try in the next few days.

What do you think? Apple cider vinegar?

A lot of us have come to the conclusion that our juices are missing something. Could this be it?

Pete
    Tinky likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lyndagayle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmm....vinegar? I would never have considered it but now you've got me wondering. It would certainly bring down the PH of a mix but it seems like it would make it sour. If I had to pick a vinegar to test, it would have to be apple cider as that one is less harsh than white vinegar. Pete, you're always throwing us bones to fetch and I just might have to try this in something just because, well it sounds so crazy it just might work. lol
    Life is like a grindstone. It can grind you down or polish you up, depending on what you're made of.

Senior Member ECF Veteran brokepainter's Avatar

Lets us know what happens.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

apple cider vinegar-check
    dropper-check
    2 ml of juice in the bottom of the Reo-check

Aww heck, why not?

Actually, it kinda helped the juice I was vaping. As it steeped the cinnamon in it had become way too overpowering. The vinegar cut the hot taste from the cinnamon, but didn't add a vinegar taste to the juice. Ya may be on to something here. I'm going to have to play with this some more. If nothing else it will probably help clean out the carto.

EDIT: I started out with 3 drops in 2ml and got the above results. I added 3 more drops and it's put a whammer of a throat hit in my juice. I'm not a fan of throat hit, but could see where that aspect of it would be great for others. Still not getting a vinegar taste out of it at the higher concentration either. My juice isn't as sweet anymore either which is helpful. It kind of cuts out that underlying VG sweetness. I see me playing with this a bit.
    Last edited by house mouse; 12-28-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran pinellaspete's Avatar

House Mouse,

Hey, thanks for being the test pilot!

You also did a really great review. I haven't had time to try it out yet, but after your review I'm going to make some time tomorrow for sure.

Pete
    kico166 and JUDGMENT AFFIRMED like this.

Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast