Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How about nuking bottles?

PV Master* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

GoodDog, try Bev Mo. I can't find it any other place (not that I've looked that much). LiquorKing might have it, or you could possibly have a larger liquor store special order it for you.
    Last edited by Seabrook; 01-12-2012 at 02:57 AM. Reason: TMI
    A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams. - anonymous

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks, I have a BevCo not far from me so I'll try that. I was told by it wasn't sold in Calif when I asked for it at a liquor store. I guess he lied to me.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Plastic bottles? No. Most of the time you'll wind up with a puddle of ook that's a real challenge to clean out of your microwave.

You can microwave glass bottles. But not the caps! When I made wine, I used to microwave clean and bone dry used wine bottles all the time. Then I discovered that a solution of sodium bisulfate did just as good a job.

But, really, a quick swish of Everclear probably works just as well and sterilizes the cap to boot. And it's easier. Pour an ounce or so into the bottle, cap it, shake vigorously, then pour the Everclear into the next bottle to sterilize.
    GoodDog and Tona Aspsusa like this.
    ~ been vaping since February 25, 2011 ~

PV Master* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    Thanks, I have a BevCo not far from me so I'll try that. I was told by it wasn't sold in Calif when I asked for it at a liquor store. I guess he lied to me.
    Yep, he probably just didn't know. It's not kept by the vodkas like one would guess. It's with the whiskeys where I shop.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyclassics View Post
    ... Then I discovered that a solution of sodium bisulfate did just as good a job.

But, really, a quick swish of Everclear probably works just as well and sterilizes the cap to boot. And it's easier. Pour an ounce or so into the bottle, cap it, shake vigorously, then pour the Everclear into the next bottle to sterilize.
    Oh, thanks, I'll definitely have to check that out. I was told that I had to leave the EC in the bottles for at least 3 min. to fully sterilize. I fully submerge the inset droppers and the caps in a separate glass cup. You should see all the debris in the bottom of the cup when I remove them with a slotted spoon. Even hair. I wonder if it's hair from China or hair from the US distributor, LOL.

Thanks you guys for the replies and suggestions.
    A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams. - anonymous

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    He didn't lie to you - you can't buy the 190 proof stuff in CA. I live in Michigan and you can't buy PGA here either - I get it from out of state. Everclear does make a 151 proof version that is sold in Michigan and in CA.

From wikipedia -

Everclear (alcohol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

190-proof
    In the United States, it is illegal to sell the 190-proof variety in California, Florida,[4] Hawaii, Iowa,[5] Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota,[6] Nevada,[7] New Hampshire, North Carolina,[8][9] Ohio, Washington, West Virginia, and Virginia.
    It is legal to sell Everclear 190 in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, New Jersey,Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut,[10] Delaware, Georgia, Idaho,[11] Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming, the District of Columbia, and in some military stores within the continental United States.

151-proof
    The 151-proof variety is legally available for sale in California, Florida, Iowa,[5] Michigan,[12] Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and some other states.
    we don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    -- anais nin

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would suggest to Anyone that they Switch to Glass Bottles with Eye Dropper Tops.

You can Boil them and there isn't the Risk of Plastic Leaching or Cross Flavoring.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I nuke my glass bottles all the time, plastic no no, it WILL melt. You could also use rubbing alch or a few drops of bleach diluted in water to sterilize the plastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12