Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Experience with Capsicum?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Willie View Post
    what's next .. ?? Ben-Gay .. ??
    How about Preparation-H!

But spent a kilobucks before finding the Provari!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I can tell you using it topically leads to intense burning and discomfort that slowly subsides over HOURS, and then you get the pain relief for 24-48 hours. I can give you the mechanism if you want, but that's not the point

So be careful

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is also one of the main ingredients in OC Spray that Law Enforcement uses. I didn't like it in my eyes, I know I won't like it down my throat. You go ahead and vape the fireliquid. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    VegasVaporz
    E-Cig Reviews
    Get your mouth off my driptip
    YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
    Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You know, we can joke .. but in all seriousness, this type of experimentation is exactly what will add to the regulators arguments .. not to mention the personal risks .. no one can tell you what vaporizing a substance like that will do to change it ..

We tout the benefits of quiting analogs and the thousands of substances that get ignited when you light one up, yet we are willing to drop various unknown reaction chemicals into a carto and puff away ..
    bonniegirl and Kurt like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Vap View Post
    I can tell you using it topically leads to intense burning and discomfort that slowly subsides over HOURS, and then you get the pain relief for 24-48 hours. I can give you the mechanism if you want, but that's not the point

So be careful
    That was my experience with it. I love my hot sauce and chilis but this stuff was a bad idea. I put 1 drop in 5ml and it was a bit much. Doesn't really add TH or flavor. Just kind of gave a pain in my throat and then a very discomforting heat radiated from my lungs for a couple hours. I thought I was having a heart attack lol. Couldn't inhale without coughing either which is new to me since I smoked non-filters so nothing has bothered my throat like that in a long time. I took 4 or 5 hits and that was enough.

If this works for you great... it must have worked for someone to make it as a product! I just know to make sure you dilute it well and vape carefully. Maybe around a friend or phone that you can dial 911 lol.

ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by V3gasVap0rz View Post
    This is also one of the main ingredients in OC Spray that Law Enforcement uses. I didn't like it in my eyes, I know I won't like it down my throat. You go ahead and vape the fireliquid. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I believe it's used in bear spray as well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Willie View Post
    Done or not / this type of use may work OK for some, but the risk of a reaction is certainly higher in others .. advocating a topical medication ingredient is a bad idea .. and a much higher likelyhood of problems ... what's next .. ?? Ben-Gay .. ??
    PG and VG are topical medication ingredients...among other things.

Capsicum is in a number of products...

Menthol is also in pain relieving rubs...

Nicotine is a highly toxic poison that is easily absorbed through the skin...

None of this leads me to getting a tube of Ben-Gay for my juice.

It has been done many times. Capsicum has been used in juice before and will be again as folks look for throat hit at lower nicotine levels. All the feedback I have read and watched shows it might add a tickle or warming, but not a TH.

There is/was a product...I think it is/was called Kick, or something like that, that was basically capsicum and suggested %'s in juice. A reviewer purchased it and mixed it and got no effect. He upped it to 50% and got a mild throat tingle. While that stuff was not straight, the OP is not talking about vaping it straight either. (There is a thread on ECF that contains the video I am referring to somewhere.)

I'd be more worried about a person handling nicotine than pepper juice. If one believes a DIY'er to be that idiotic, the nicotine should be the primary concern. I don't want anyone hurt themselves and unless the OP is a blithering idiot, I do not see it happening here either.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Longtime Chile-head here... grow my own, indoors and out... also consume them on a daily basis.

Vaping capsaicin just sounds like a bad idea to me. If you've ever made a szechuan sauce from scratch, you'll know what I mean. It requires frying fresh chiles and peppercorns in oil, and crushing into a paste. If there's anyone in the house at the time, they will near cough up a lung from the fumes.

The link from OP just lists the extraction as being from "american pepper plant". That's pretty vague and could be one of several varieties... very different in heat levels.

I say, if you want to see how enjoyable vaping chiles is, try what I mentioned above.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frequentj View Post
    Maybe I should add a drop of Beano to my ejuice!
    ROFL!!!!!

Sorta like getting a diet coke with a triple burger - so it balances out

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    PG and VG are topical medication ingredients...among other things.

Capsicum is in a number of products...

Menthol is also in pain relieving rubs...

Nicotine is a highly toxic poison that is easily absorbed through the skin...

None of this leads me to getting a tube of Ben-Gay for my juice.

It has been done many times. Capsicum has been used in juice before and will be again as folks look for throat hit at lower nicotine levels. All the feedback I have read and watched shows it might add a tickle or warming, but not a TH.

There is/was a product...I think it is/was called Kick, or something like that, that was basically capsicum and suggested %'s in juice. A reviewer purchased it and mixed it and got no effect. He upped it to 50% and got a mild throat tingle. While that stuff was not straight, the OP is not talking about vaping it straight either. (There is a thread on ECF that contains the video I am referring to somewhere.)

I'd be more worried about a person handling nicotine than pepper juice. If one believes a DIY'er to be that idiotic, the nicotine should be the primary concern. I don't want anyone hurt themselves and unless the OP is a blithering idiot, I do not see it happening here either.
    At best, advocating this is irresponsible .. if you cannot fathom that, then I'd suggest adding nothing further to the thread .. the OP can do whatever they like, however, encouraging this is beyond belief, IMO .. and exactly the kind of advice that can lead to problems ..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast