DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)
Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree884Likes

Thread: DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

I'm starting a series of threads asking the old and new pros to give us their DIY techniques , most of which is already out there but now hopefully all collected here, in one place. I've started different threads for different topics.

This thread is specifically for methods for when to add Flavor Add-On's (Ethyl Maltol, Lemon, Vinegar, Menthol, Malic Acid, Sweeteners, Bitter Wizard, Magic Mask, MTS Vape Wizard, ect.)*

In this thread, please post what add-on's you add to your flavors. (ex. what type of flavors do you add it to, how much do you add, what it does to the flavor, is a steep necessary, ect. ).

Please give specifics and include any info that people might find helpful. Please don't hijack this thread with debates, it's more about sharing your individual successful experiences and methods. Thanks to everyone for their input.

*please use my other Masters threads for other topics
    DIY Master Techniques - Determining Flavor Percentages
    DIY Master Techniques - Steeping
    DIY Masters Techniques - Mixing Flavors
    Last edited by micksf; 02-15-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    Kicked Silver Bullet, Buzz Pro, ego twist, boge SR/LR, Tank / new DIY Mixologist

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

My short and sweet opinions on what i use

EM - MUST have . Goes in a lot of my juices .Not a normal sweetner . Brings richness and moistness to the table
    Vinegar - best in tobacco mixes to enhance flavor or used to make sweet flavors more bitter .
    Tart and sour - iuse this on lots of juices as well . The key to tart fruits and a little adds sweetness to bakery juices
    Sucralose - EZsweetz work best and i use sweeteners on occasion to really bring a lot of sweetness to bland flavors .
    Vape wizard - I dont use this . Iv never been able to do a damn thing with it . It is a tobacco itself however and i dont normally do tobacco juices
    Bitter wizard - Does what it say , makes bitter . I like sweet juices so its really not for me .
    Acetyl Pyrazine - I use this molecule on some of my juices to really enhance cakes and cookies big time . Graham crackers are gold with this molecule .
    Aflatoxin, Coil, Kemosabe and 12 others like this.

DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

ECF Veteran

Anyone ever add salt (NaCl) to their juice? I haven't experimented with additives, but since salt is used in flavoring of almost everything else I find it conspicuously absent from this list.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.
    Low resistance is futile!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'd be grateful if more old pros jumped in to let us know their process. I know you've said it all many times already but this thread could be a great resource us up and comers. Thanks to all that have added their comments, much appreciated.
    Kicked Silver Bullet, Buzz Pro, ego twist, boge SR/LR, Tank / new DIY Mixologist

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Str8V8ping View Post

Acetyl Pyrazine - I use this molecule on some of my juices to really enhance cakes and cookies big time . Graham crackers are gold with this molecule .
    Never heard of that. Where do you get that? I really like bakery flavors best so if this will help those I need it.
    erinarthur222 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8V8ping View Post
    My short and sweet opinions on what i use

EM - MUST have . Goes in a lot of my juices .Not a normal sweetner . Brings richness and moistness to the table
    Vinegar - best in tobacco mixes to enhance flavor or used to make sweet flavors more bitter .
    Tart and sour - iuse this on lots of juices as well . The key to tart fruits and a little adds sweetness to bakery juices
    Sucralose - EZsweetz work best and i use sweeteners on occasion to really bring a lot of sweetness to bland flavors .
    Vape wizard - I dont use this . Iv never been able to do a damn thing with it . It is a tobacco itself however and i dont normally do tobacco juices
    Bitter wizard - Does what it say , makes bitter . I like sweet juices so its really not for me .
    What % do you add AP at???

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

TPA flavor molecule . You must dilute it so it will last forever. 1 drop in 5ml of pg .Then 1 drop of that mixture in 5ml of juice
    Rin13, ToweKnee, StephL535 and 1 others like this.

DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

From Liv2Ski...

When I started DIY I had a difficult time getting a juice to "shine". They all seemed flat to me and nothing really popped. I struggled with why mine were not as good as the "store bought" stuff. I had a few favorite juices form Vendors and tried to make a few copies. Again same thing mine seemed flat. Then I put a dab of the store bought on my finger and tasted it. Each one of my favorites had a "sweetness" to it. I went and placed and order for two flavors- Cotton candy (Ethyl Malto in PG) and Sweetener (Sucralose in PG). Adding 1% sweetener to my DIY juices was the trick. I use the EM for tobacco based juices and the sweetener flavor for bakery and fruit types. I have not bought a premade juice in almost a year.

from the original thread...
    Need help making flavors taste right.
    Last edited by micksf; 02-17-2012 at 06:13 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

From minigoat...

I've been using MTS VW in all my tobacco bases, it seems to smooth out some of harsh edges. Typically start around .5% and I haven't felt a need to add more.

from the original thread...
    FA Black Fire and FA vape wizard.
    Last edited by micksf; 02-17-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Aflatoxin likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

From Switched...

Magic mask and Vape wizard are two different additives that do 2 different things.

MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid. Try at 0.5-2%.

Magic mask reduces the acid perception without modifying the pH.

pH is one of the key factors involved in food stability. In order to reduce the pH, a small amount of organic acid must be added to the food preparation (i.e. citric, malic, tartaric acid). In most cases the addition of food acid is beneficial both for microbiological stability and taste ( just think to an lemon or cola drink, they must be acid to be good ). However, some other foods might require food acid for microbiological safety BUT the acid taste does not complement well ( a light cheese, a sauce as example ).

From the original thread...
    Guide to DIY Flavoring
    Last edited by micksf; 02-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Aflatoxin and manji1 like this.

Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast