DIY kits ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: DIY kits ?

Full Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Im new to vaping and to DIY. I bought all the above mentioned things like pipettes, measuring devices, blah blah. I got 36 mg 100% pg nic, a bottle of vg, a bunch of flavors and some empty bottles also. Thats really all i needed. Since my nic is so low in MG i dont mind If my measurements aren't exact. I use a diy calculator, plug all my info in and use only a pipette one large one small. Thats it. PG, VG, NIC a pipette and a bottle. Now, if you get Nic with higher MG you need to measure it accurately. Thats just me, but Its been working out just fine. I make a mean cherry tobacco.

I also just do the math and split the ingredients evenly depending on the nic level I want. If I want 18 mg I fill the bottle half way with the nic, add some flavor, and fill the rest with vg/pg. Thats not for everyone, but it works for me
    Last edited by kfig; 03-11-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If I still lived in CT I'd drive up the road and let you try stuff!

Sorry, I don't have enough to send out samples at this point.
    izdalion likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by izdalion View Post
    FYI : I'd hate to ask but if anyone is willing to give a sample and/or sell flavors to me I would love to make a deal with you for them
    A couple of people in the capella's thread are talking about selling flavors............
    izdalion likes this.

ECF Veteran

As you guys can tell I am really ramped up for this DIY adventure LOL
    I got a few more questions and there kinda important.......
    As you might know my plan is to DIY with 100mg PG nic base and dilute to 18mg NOW I have 2 kids and really do not want 100mg nic in a 10 mile radius of them OF COURSE SAFETY! But I know I will be as safe as possible and have and do DIY no where near them.
    What I would like to do is dilute the nic base asap so it will be ready to be used and not 100mg of death in a bottle.
    Can I use the specified calculation via ejuice cal minus flavoring or is there a better solution?

Also I want to be 100% sure and I think I am at this point with all the research I have done.
    When diluting to preferred nic (18mg) for example at a PG nic base it would be as followed:
    70PG/30VG ratio 100mg to 18 mg nic base (no flavoring included in example)
    PG70% - Nic% = PG% needed to be added to dilution
    VG30% = VG% needed for dilution

Thanks again

Senior Member ECF Veteran

No offense, but I would be very uncomfortable with anyone using 100mg nic for their first DIY attempts, especially if you have children in the house.

I'd recommend 36mg to start. You can get 120ml of 36mg nic base from Wizard Labs for $8.79, dilute that with 120mg of PG or VG for $3.19, to give you 240ml of 18mg nic for $11.98, or just under 5 cents per ml.

You still have to consider the cost of flavoring in your mix, but that'll be the same regardless of the nic base strength you start with. Buying the 100mg nic might save you a couple bucks, but is highly dangerous and even a very small amount is enough to make an adult sick or kill a child.

I'm not trying to scare you, and I'm not implying you'd be careless with it, but the cost savings are actually pretty minimal for such an increased risk.
    Iffy likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234