Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Question... How to make the perfect menthol cig blend

Full Member Verified Member

Default Question... How to make the perfect menthol cig blend

Hi all... I am on a quest to make the best menthol mix that has a Newport or kool mild taste.
    my first attempt I used 12% flavor from PA my sinuses were clear for 3 days and the mix was bitter, currently I am using a 10 % bubblegum 2% menthol both from PA it has a great taste but is not menthol any help would be appreciated

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I bought menthol crystals and experimented with them. They dissolve easily in VG or VG/PG mixtures.

4. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran Astatine's Avatar

I have been a Newport Menthol smoker for many years and when I switched to vaping, I looked to replicate a similar taste. I ended up adopting "creme de menthe" with a bit of "coolada" for a while.

I still use this mix, although it is no longer my favorite.

Good luck in finding a good combination that suits your taste buds.

Full Member Verified Member vdrum4250's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i ould lik ethis info also. i lovethat cooling effect... i wonder what the magic ratio is?

ECF Moderator
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Supporting the Rules I agreed to when I joined this Forum

Moved to DIY E-Liquid from New Members

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You may want to try the Nport concentrated flavor from Ecigexpress. I have not tried it myself but many that have tried it say it is very close to a Newport Cig. Good luck.

ETA- Here is the link http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavorsex...rt-10ml-p-1348
    Last edited by salemgold; 05-08-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: link

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use Pure cig from freedomsmoke usa and add a very small menthol crystal and it taste just like a menthol cig
    GOT MY RIVA 7/6/2010 FOUND MY SWEET SPOT/ GOT MY BUZZ 3/4/2011 FOUND MY SWEETER SPOT / FSUSA & KBV JOOSe
    Highbrow Vapor Got Vapes Vape Dudes

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've been fiddling with this for a while, and I haven't found a "right" combination, but some mixes were very good vapes, at least for me.

I use menthol crystals. I fill a beaker 3/4th with finely crushed crystals and top off with PG. I place the beaker in a warm-hot water bath and stir until everything dissolves. I then use this mix sparingly in juices. About 1% gives a slight cooling effect, 2% a menthol feel mostly on exhale, 3%+ strong menthol taste, above 5% it gets nasty (throat burn, bitter aftertaste).

As for menthol-tobacco, my best achievement (I'm new to this so it might be lame) is 2-3% of my menthol mix over a base of 2% VZ virginia, ~1% either TPA Bittersweet or Capella "Snick-Snack" and 1 drop / 10 ml of TA. I vary things a lot between mixes, so this is just an approximate. Basically I'd play with a "super-concentrated" mild tobacco flavor, a pinch of TA and some nutty / cocoa-ish / bitter note... Hope it helps, as tastes are so subjective. I see people use this "Seedman's commercial cigarette", but I never got it yet...

Another thing I like a lot is menthol + FA peppermint + EM or marshmallow (but that's more like candy-cane than menthol cigarette, lol)
    odysseysteve likes this.

Vaping Helios juices on my iHybrids

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I was a menthol smoker for more decades than I'd care to reveal. One thing I'm sure of is that there's no vapable concoction that will fool you into believing you're smoking the real thing.

That said, the closest I've found is this: FSUSA's Menthol Ultra (which doesn't have the peppermint tones a lot of menthols do) spiked with a little bit of this: Real Cig Super Concentrated Flavor | Alcohol Based Flavoring - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank. For a believable menthol, you need Essence of Ashtray—not peppermint.

“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.” (Woody Allen)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Tobacco Absolute (TA if you were not aware) is a great tobacco enchancer. Haven't really tried it as a base but if you come across some you'll prolly need to dilute it in pga. Whenever I add it to my tobac mixes it generally adds a bit of TH and kind-of deepens the earthy, tobacco taste. The two VapingZone flavors mentioned are decent. Real cig doesn't do it for me on it's own but mixed with some virginia flue cured, ta, and menthol... Makes a great vape.
    FISH4HC likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast