Water And E-Juice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Water And E-Juice

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Water And E-Juice

This may sound like a stupid question, but has anyone tried mixing water in juice? I know that we use PG and VG for vapor, but what if someone doesn't care about vapor? Do atties fire hot enough to vape water in the juice? If water can be used, how much could you get away with % wise? For instance, what if I mixed 60 mg PG nic juice half and half with water?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Hi King, people do but at very small% I'm not sure exactly how much.....I do know NEVER NEVER use tap water only distilled. I hear people can get brain eating infections using the netty pot for their sinuses, same rules apply here. Good luck
    RosaJ likes this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks, yeah I was thinking distilled

Super Member ECF Veteran LucentShadow's Avatar

A reasonable amount of water is no problem. I avoid PG, and I usually have around 20% DW in my VG juices. I think that I've gone as high as 30%, and it worked O.K., but I wasn't keeping track well with that experiment.

Water added to VG will thin it out, and the resulting liquid will also have a lower boiling point than VG. I'd guess that too much water would lower the atomizer temperature too much because of the lower boiling point.
    Esoterica3 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran buffaloguy's Avatar

I also vape vg and have added up to 25% dw without issue.

I believe that bacteria is called cryptosporadium (sp) and its only found in standing waters (ponds and small lakes), and well water. We had a couple people last summer in western new york die of it, sadly. Tap water with the addition of chlorine kills it. However, dw is what you should use for vaping as it has all the hard minerals, chlorine, flouride, removed.
    Esoterica3 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks folks!

Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I use distilled water to thin my VG juices. My equation is %flavor + %water = ~22%. So if the juice is 10% flavor, I add 12% water. If its an unflavored juice, I use 20% water. Works great for attys and cartos...although dripping in an atty with unthinned VG juice is very nice indeed.
    Esoterica3 likes this.
    Deciding not to smoke is one thing. Forgetting to smoke is a different animal altogether.

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Rocketman's Avatar

That's more water than I use but I think the water feeds the dry VG and helps prevent 'dry mouth'. Since thinning PG based juice would make it too thin maybe the anhydrous PG irritates the mouth and throat. 20% water and VG is fat, wet, and happy
    Cyrus Vap, Esoterica3 and zees09 like this.
    Rocketman,
    Proud Survivor of the Lightgeoduck @:46 Giveaway
    and if anything goes wrong BLAME ANGUS :)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran buffaloguy's Avatar

I gotta say Kurt and I diy along the same lines and once Ive got a recipe I like down flavoring wise adding the remainder in dw to get the VG down around the 75%-80% mark my juices work great. I never get dry mouth or anything. What I do get is some phlegm kinda built up if Im vaping alot but I just clear my throat. Id rather have that than the crushing headaches I got from high pg juices.

Super Member ECF Veteran

So this is the key to wet juicy juice! Gonna try it. Thank you!
    zees09 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast