Storing Nicotine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Storing Nicotine

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Storing Nicotine

I recently purchased 3 bottles of 36mg Nic in PG (120ml each) from Good Prophets. It has been a few weeks and I've only used half of one of the bottles. It has made 135ml of juice for me @12mg, so I am set for awhile. But, my concern is, at what point do I need to freeze the nicotine? Will it go bad if I leave it sealed in a dark, cool area? Also, what happens if nic "goes bad"?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

im using glass to store the Nic i got from good prophets... heres a link to the only place ive seen them sold individually Amber Glass Bottles - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I also have multiple bottles of nicotine, I just put them in glass and label e, and in the freeer they go. You could probably go ahead and do it now. I have heard two different things about it. Some say it loses potency others say it actually turns bad. But throwing it in the freezer will extend its life. Just pull it out and leave it at room temp for a day before u use it.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The first question should be how much do you vape per day? That will pretty much determine how long the nic will last and if you need to store the remainder in the freezer.
    When I used nicotine I didn't keep any more out than what I could use in 2 months. The rest went into either 15, 30 or 120 ml cobalt blue glass bottles(so as not to be confused with anything else). I used 100mg nic so therefore I only kept one 15ml bottle out at any one time, everything else was stored with the least amount of head-space as possible. No need to defrost any longer than the time it takes to become room temperature...to avoid condensation.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I get my glass bottles here Specialty Bottle - Cobalt Blue European Dropper Bottles

Or here E-Juice Glass & Plastic Bottles

Better to freeze in order to keep fresh IMO

Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dnrtn2342 View Post
    I also have multiple bottles of nicotine, I just put them in glass and label e, and in the freeer they go. You could probably go ahead and do it now. I have heard two different things about it. Some say it loses potency others say it actually turns bad. But throwing it in the freezer will extend its life. Just pull it out and leave it at room temp for a day before u use it.
    It doesn't need a day before using, just has to come to room temperature, especially if its VG.
    salemgold likes this.
    Deciding not to smoke is one thing. Forgetting to smoke is a different animal altogether.

Senior Member ECF Veteran favor1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    It doesn't need a day before using, just has to come to room temperature, especially if its VG.
    Does nicotine somehow react or oxidize if it is left at room temp for a long time? Also, would there be a difference between refrigerating and freezing, because I think freezing might have some adverse effects as other things that I have frozen in the past, mainly beverages, have turned out foul-tasting after the thaw.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I buy mine in either dark brown or cobalt blue glass bottles. It arrives and goes straight in the fridge. I vape 4mg nic so I buy it in 36 mix in all PG. 120 mls lasts me a long time, I've never had any go bad. When it does start to turn it changes color and acquires a peppery taste I'm told. Have never experienced this first hand.

YMMV

Provari, Helix, BAM, Empire, SB, Galileo, Reo Grand, CVI, Chi You

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Store in amber glass in cool place with little to no sunlight. I would not freeze the fridge would work better wrap in paper bag if using the fridge to block all light. Shelf life a year under best conditions.
    2- 1000mah Ego C Twists with Mini VIVI NOVAs. Vaping DIY Menthol ICY 25mg/ml 50VG/50PG Backups 1-1100mah EGO W and 1-650mah EGO C

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The freezing idea comes from pg being used as an antifreeze so the thought is colder lasts longer. I havent experienced that.
    Nicotine reacts to heat and light which changes its purity and potentency it will turn from clear to yellowish to brownish then take on a different flavor after shelf life expires around a year. The taste is going to depend on the nic. I have had only one bottle go bad and never used that vendor again. Will not name names I considered it my fault for bargain shopping on that one... I also screwed up and left it in clear glass in a very hot place. My fault totally.
    2- 1000mah Ego C Twists with Mini VIVI NOVAs. Vaping DIY Menthol ICY 25mg/ml 50VG/50PG Backups 1-1100mah EGO W and 1-650mah EGO C

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast