The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread - Page 123
Page 123 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2382
Like Tree1790Likes

Thread: The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread

Ribbon Twister Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsComptrtchr View Post
    Interesting - could that be the FlavorWest version of Snickers? I actually have some of that I haven't tried yet. Are you still using the Jolly Rancher grape flavor? When you get it perfected, you'll have to name it - you've put so much work into this flavor, lol!
    Yes, this is with Grape Jolly Rancher, but I think I could do the same with Grape Juice with a little EM & maybe Sour.
    Next time I see Dave I will inquire about the Snickers.
    Pretty sure he mixes his own, but could be wrong I have never asked about that.
    He has done candle and aroma liquid for a long time and added the ecig part of his business a couple of years ago when he broke the bonds of cigarettes.
    He re-brands his e-liquid and aroma stuff for quite a few shops and that is the majority of his business.
    Well, got to collect the trash, take it out, put the dog to bed, but the grandson to bed, then get to bed myself.

Danth’s / Parkers Law “If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly.”

Super Member ECF Veteran Steve K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Mundy View Post
    Ya got me, I couldn't get it to work for me either.
    I really wanted a frosty root beer and failed.
    Smells a little like it but certainly doesn't taste like it.
    I tried adding Bavarian Cream, Vanilla Swirl, Vanilla Cupcake, French Vanilla, and also Champagne. (individually then mixed some of those concoctions together)
    I didn't have anything else that remotely made me think it would work so I gave up.

I make root beer and this is one of my favorites.
    TFA Root Beer 7%
    TFA French Vanilla 10%
    TFA Mint Candy 2%
    (Sweet) 1 drop of Ez Sweetz Per 5ml

You can eliminate the TFA Mint candy,it is good but strong.You can also bump up the root beer about 2% more.
    Last edited by Steve K; 09-10-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    I make root beer and this is one of my favorites.
    TFA Root Beer 7%
    TFA French Vanilla 10%
    TFA Mint Candy 2%
    (Sweet) 1 drop of Ez Sweetz Per 5ml

You can eliminate the mint TFA Mint candy,it is good but strong.You can also bump up the root beer about 2% more.
    Thank you for the info. I will try it out. what does the mint do for taste? does this give it the fizz or is there something else about it?
    Steve K and Thunderball like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Steve K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve803 View Post
    Thank you for the info. I will try it out. what does the mint do for taste? does this give it the fizz or is there something else about it?
    Basically I just add it for the extra flavor and kick,TFA Mint candy is a wonderful additive and smells great,It can be over done if not careful.
    Steve803 likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

hm you guys arent having luck with cherry cola? its one of the few things i can make that i like. =) 5% black cherry and 5% cola. im thinking of bumping it up to 7% each. its not bad, a little flat tasting, but at least its vapable to me. ive heard that adding koolada can help with beverage vapes to make it seem cooler? i decided to log on and post because i happen to be vaping it right now =)

and the TFA root beer- omg im with you guys. it is like bad perfume even at 5%. damn shame cause RB is one of my favorite vapes.
    Spent on Vaping: $657.18

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Steve803 View Post
    I'm not the originator, but I'm an herbalist - and I've learned over the years that most all 'typical root beer' recipes always contained wintergreen. I've seen several people note that they add wintergreen to their root beer vapes. Perhaps some kind of 'minty something' gives root beer that "frosty" taste.

I made up a sample of TFA Root Beer & Vanilla Swirl (with a tiny bit of wintergreen)...and it was horrible (and only a wee bit less than horrible after steeping for weeks).

I think the Mint Candy is a great idea; I'm definitely putting it on my list!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna try this - just need some black cherry (another reason to order some flavors from Wizard!)

Quote Originally Posted by onion456 View Post
    hm you guys arent having luck with cherry cola? its one of the few things i can make that i like. =) 5% black cherry and 5% cola. im thinking of bumping it up to 7% each. its not bad, a little flat tasting, but at least its vapable to me. ive heard that adding koolada can help with beverage vapes to make it seem cooler? i decided to log on and post because i happen to be vaping it right now =)

and the TFA root beer- omg im with you guys. it is like bad perfume even at 5%. damn shame cause RB is one of my favorite vapes.
    Provari V2, 3 eVics, Protanks - works for me!

Relax, don't do it . . . when you wanna VAPE.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use nothing but TFA flavors. I'm going to have to try a lot of these recipes.20130903_221301.jpg20130803_133641.jpg
    jayecat likes this.

E-Go twist, Zmax v5 (Black), Smok Magneto, Kanger Protank, Kanger Protank 2. DIY Juices.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted62 View Post
    I use nothing but TFA flavors. I'm going to have to try a lot of these recipes.20130903_221301.jpg20130803_133641.jpg
    Perhaps you have a few you'd like to share as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Super Member ECF Veteran paddymx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted62 View Post
    I use nothing but TFA flavors. I'm going to have to try a lot of these recipes....
    TPA/TFA Recipes only!
    Thunderball likes this.