Sweet Juice - Finally - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sweet Juice - Finally

Super Member ECF Veteran Technobob's Avatar

Just ordered some Splendex (sucralose) today after reading up on the other sweeteners. Splendex seems to be the most stable especially at higher temperatures.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Scubabatdan View Post
    Added-d: Yay I now have a sweet clove vape!!!!!!!!! Yowza!Dan
    Hmmmm...sweetener in the clove - sounds yummy.
    Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.
    Brooke Shields

Senior Member ECF Veteran TheLizinator's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Liquid sucralose is another equivalent alternative (and is already in liquid form). It is pure sucralose (zero calories, zero carbs, no fillers). You can find it at a very competitive price at Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore! as the brand EZ Sweetz and it is a great sweetener. I use it in e-liquid as well as anything I sweeten. It is pure sucralose and a single drop will sweeten lots of e-juice.

I eliminated all sugar from my diet as of May 1st and use a combination of EZ Sweetz and erythritol (oh what an incredible sugar substitute w/out any negative side effects), since they are synergistic and every bit as good as sugar combined. Erythritol is an awesome product all by itself, but resists dissolving in liquids so it's not a good choice for vaping.

Super Member ECF Veteran Technobob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLizinator View Post
    Liquid sucralose is another equivalent alternative (and is already in liquid form). It is pure sucralose (zero calories, zero carbs, no fillers). You can find it at a very competitive price at Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore! as the brand EZ Sweetz and it is a great sweetener. I use it in e-liquid as well as anything I sweeten. It is pure sucralose and a single drop will sweeten lots of e-juice.

I eliminated all sugar from my diet as of May 1st and use a combination of EZ Sweetz and erythritol (oh what an incredible sugar substitute w/out any negative side effects), since they are synergistic and every bit as good as sugar combined. Erythritol is an awesome product all by itself, but resists dissolving in liquids so it's not a good choice for vaping.
    I would not use the liquid sucralose such as EZ Sweetz because it contains additional ingredients (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Succinic Acid, and Citric Acid) the powdered Splendex (sucralose) is pure with no added chemicals.

Full Member ECF Veteran

You can also isolate the sucralose from Splenda -- it takes time, but not much else.

Here's the instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/How_...enda/?ALLSTEPS

But in short -- mix 10 grams of Splenda (about 10 packets) with 20 ml of ethanol (everclear). Allow the mixture to separate so the maltodextrin settles, then carefully pour off the liquid through filter paper (coffee filters work). Allow the alcohol to evaporate, or in our case, use the liquid as is.

i have a health food store right down the road from me, i was wondering.. would stevia work without leaving residue? considering splenda is horrible for you. i'd never smoke that crap.
    ibmickey1 likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I bought some Stevia liquid, it arrived the other day. I don't use sugar in my coffee, but wanted to try it....my cup is a big mug...I put three drops of Stevia into it with a pipette, and it was so sweet/bitter I couldn't stand it. So poured out some coffee, about a third (I know, that's pure sacrilage) filled it back up with coffee, still too sweet. So I did it again, now I'm down to one drop. It was still a little sweet, but wasn't bitter any more. Incredible. No carbs, no nothing, pure Stevia. They make this with sugar crystals in it too, can't think of the name, but it has a green label on a white box....Walmart grocery
    Here's the link. Was expensive, $10 for a 2 0z bottle, but will last you the rest of your Life!

Here's another, pertaining to the FDA handling of this sweetener! Eye-opening!
    Last edited by Kate51; 10-04-2009 at 02:47 AM.

yeah ive had stevia before as a sweetener.. i prefer it to splenda, aspartame/etc. i was just wondering if it actually would leave residue since its not technically related to sugar at all.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I've vaped stevia sweeted DIY juice occasionally for over 3 weeks now, no problems at all...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Marianna Florida,( in the woods) I'M A GIRL!!

I wonder what it becomes when vaporized? Just use some Lorann's cotton candy or marshmallow

RIMP
    genghishahn likes this.
    ]

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast