DOOMSDAY Prepping For the Possible FDA Restriction - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: DOOMSDAY Prepping For the Possible FDA Restriction

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lavaca5 View Post
    They may not go after the users, but I betcha they go after the sellers. That will make it way too hard to find and Waaaayyyy to expensive to buy.
    Would it be more expensive than analog you think?

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shilo View Post
    It really depends how much quantity wise you vape. A couple liters should last you awhile People are discussing stuff like this on several other threads but I haven't seen one in this section of the forum. I got two orders in at Wizard before the shutdown and I will be ordering more when they reopen just for some peace of mind as there are two vapers here.

The first question is how much freezer space does a person have to store nic solution long term and what else is the most imperative things to have. The flavorings will always be available so thats no worry. PG and VG are easy to get so thats no problem. I am focusing on stocking up on nic solution at the moment. I have a good supply of flavorings on hand a anyways as I've been at this awhile and I am a diy buying addict...lol But will I buy more? Probably so. If you are just starting out its hard to do that until you know what flavorings you actually like and will use again.

I like Wizard Labs for my nic solution and the backups are ecigexpress's nic solution, MyFreedomSmokes, RTS Vapes, Vaping Zone's nic solution. There are others but those are the ones I have used. High Desert Vapes also has flavorings and carries some of the Wizard Labs nic base so thats good for a backup source too.

Flavorings number one source for me is ecigexpress most flavorings under one roof and adds more brands and flavors often. No one stocks as extensively as they do. Backup for super concentrated flavorings for me is Vaping Zone. OneStopDIYShop lady is nice to deal with for small sample sizes. I tend to buy when there are sales at any of these places. The best way to know about sales is get on their mailing list or check the deals & steals thread daily.

I buy PG at the Tractor Store and VG with any of the above vendors. And thats my story and I'm sticking to it....
    PG at the Tractot store? I wonder what they need it for...

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by windozehater View Post
    I hope the moderators are ok with this i think its sanitized enough. Now, i have been thinking on the same plane. i've come to realize 1. they will never ban flavorings this will be a non issue, along with VG or PG so that leaves NIC. you need to calculate your desired nic level, lets use 10mg/ml for a nice round number. now figure out how much you need, lets say your usage is 20ml a week, about a 1000ml(i like round #'s) to get a 1000ml of 10mg per mil you need 10,000mg of pure nic(never ever buy touch or be in the same county as pure nic) lets use a reasonable nic level that can by diluted i'll give a number(need to conform to the forum rules)and multiply or NOT till you reach something divisible easily by 10. so lets use 36mg/ml divided by 10000 is 277ml's of 36mg nic base now subtract 277 from 1000 total = 733 and if you like 50/50 that would be 366 ml's of pg and 366 ml's of vg. so we have (277mls of 36mg/ml base) (366 ml's of pg) (366 ml's of vg) that gives you 1009 mls unflavored 10mg/ml e-liquid, now factor your flavor 10-20% guessing so 100-200mls of flavors. so theoretically buy 300mls of 36mg/ml and put it in cold/dark storage. the other half of my plan is mechanical only mod (cant ban batteries) somthing like a GG or Bolt, box mod. and the last piece is a rebuildable atty like an oddy or an AGAt or z-atty because of course can ban mesh or heating wire. hope this helps, spreading my paranoia. TO OUR WORNDERFUL MODERATORS IF I BROKE ANY FORUM RULES PLEASE BE KIND
    I have changed my post too just to make it a bit more neutral How long can you store nicotine?
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just a little FYI for you ecig preppers. If your buying 100mg nic base, make sure 100% VG is the carrier. It has been shown that the thicker VG will help prevent the nic breakdown when stored in the freezer. It's been chemist confirmed it should last up to 10 years stored in 100% VG in the freezer.
    Also my 2cents, wizard labs is FDA approved and nic was available before ecigs so like someone said the will probably just go after the juice vendors.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Thunder View Post
    Just a little FYI for you ecig preppers. If your buying 100mg nic base, make sure 100% VG is the carrier. It has been shown that the thicker VG will help prevent the nic breakdown when stored in the freezer. It's been chemist confirmed it should last up to 10 years stored in 100% VG in the freezer.
    Also my 2cents, wizard labs is FDA approved and nic was available before ecigs so like someone said the will probably just go after the juice vendors.
    This is very useful and hopeful information.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Thunder View Post
    Interesting-- I'd read exactly the opposite somewhere on this forum. How long does the PG nic last in the freezer?

Course I don't expect to freeze it for ten years...lol
    Last edited by Shilo; 01-20-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Has anyone considered extracting Nic Juice from 'existing' regulated Tobacco Products such as snus? I mean, wouldn't these get you by in a pinch?
    A simple handmaiden for Christ

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by blondeambition3 View Post
    Has anyone considered extracting Nic Juice from 'existing' regulated Tobacco Products such as snus? I mean, wouldn't these get you by in a pinch?
    I think I would prefer to vape no nicotine fluids and put a nicaderm patch on They have the nicontrol inhaler by prescription... which I wonder what they will do with that in this restriction process... I tried that to quit smoking and it made me sick to my stomach most of the time...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I read on ecf that PG was the 1st choice base and also read shelf life up to 2 years with VG being 1 1/2. I also read to not get higher than 60% nicotine and since DIY is so much cheaper who cares about if its slightly less cheaper that way. I read to stor it in a cool dark place and there was No significant difference in the breakdown doing it that way as opposed to freezing. Using glass is best.i bought enough to last two years and in a PG base at 60% nicotine and an equivalent of VG in 0 nicotine to dilute strength from 24-36 mg nic strength depending. I over estimated how much I'll use. I am going to get a decent collection of Atties and Tank cartos and wait and see. I'm willing to use snus if I have to. I will have two mechanical mods. In a couple weeks. I like to buy in quantity anyway to save on shipping and sometimes gets free shipping and you get more for your money usually so a years supply is no big deal. I just timesed by two. Whatever ends up happening I'm pretty good at adapting. I mean you pretty much have to so. I do care though....but what will be will be and I too doubt it will be very Unreasonable. Would hate to be surprised though!
    Shilo and JUDGMENT AFFIRMED like this.
    Done riding for awhile. ( Equine )

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shy De View Post
    PG at the Tractot store? I wonder what they need it for...
    I would tell them my bovines need to stay off smoking.
    Lavaca5, Shilo, infoimp and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast