Make the flavors pop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Make the flavors pop

Full Member Verified Member

Angry Make the flavors pop

I been trying the DIY seen for a few months now and i am still not getting the flavors that i want my base e-liquid is 100mg 50/50 mix and i am cutting it with Wilton Glycerin glicerina that you get from michales i am trying to go for mostly VG. I have used up to 20% flavoring in my e-liquid but still not getting that much flavor out of it i have also allowed it to steep for 1-2 weeks with the cap off i am usually on the road so i dont really have the time to shake it every few mins i am getting my flavorings from Wizard labs and the flavors i am trying to mix is Black honey (tobacco) 20%, Honey 12%, and apple 16% i doubled my orginal percentages because i am using only vg and its still not enough flavor for me is there a page out there with suggested amounts to use for thee flavors or maybe a suggested steeping time i I am using e-juice me up and so far all the rec. files no one tells if the flavor should be steeped or not or how long any insite on this would be great Thank you

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

VG is very muting on the flavors but that seems like an awful lot of flavoring to use. Maybe you are using too much flavor? Using too much can actually be counter productive.

Sorry, that's all I got but I am sure others will chime in.

Good luck!

ETA- This thread from the stickies may be helpful to you Guide to DIY Flavoring

I'm winning like Charlie Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wiltons vg, in my experiance, kills flavors, I recommend vg from Wizard Labs .
    Jason_brent and ~Sue~Feb2012 like this.
    Green/Black Reo Mini w/A7rba, ZNA30, Nzonic V3, Turtleshp V2 clone, VTR, EHPRO GGTS clone, Kayfun clones, Vamo's, OG Chrome Infinity, Bulli a2/tm w/vaporage driptip adaptor, ST Telescope, Drawtube, Terminator-c , Ismoka Magoo and a ton of other stuff.

Full Member Verified Member

I will probally order the VG and get some plan old PG while i am at it on my next order Thanks for the help guys
    salemgold and ~Sue~Feb2012 like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yes, I have heard that Wiltons is very thick and very sweet but I have not tried it myself.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StereoDreamer's Avatar

I use "NOW Solutions" VG that I get at the local health food store. It is relatively flavorless, is just a little thicker than PG, does not mute flavors, and produces good vapor plumes. It's a little on the spendy side, but it is super-pure and make a a great vape.

I've never used the Wilton VG, and I'm not a fan of most of the Wilton flavorings either, with the exception of their "Creme de Menthe" which is, IMO, awesome...
    Last edited by StereoDreamer; 02-07-2013 at 06:25 AM.
    Faylool likes this.

Hana Modz V3 Mini, eVic, Silver Bullet, AcryliMax Copperwood, RoughStack Shorty, ChiYou Clones, iTaste VV, 2 AMP Tanks, KFL+, Youde Igo W-5 with Crest Cap, 901 HH357s, Terminator-C, Terminator RDAs, Octopus RDAs, Mini DID Clone, and a bunch of eGos and Vivi Novas and 901 attys...

Full Member ECF Veteran

his flavoring % is awfully high i agree
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm no expert by a long shot, but Black Honey was one of my first attempts at DIY that worked. I make a 12mg 75/25 juice from 24mg 50/50 NIC and only add 4-5% flavor. It's a pleasant vape, and I've considered adding just a teeny bit of something else, maybe more honey or maybe a drop of some tobacco, or both (which sounds like I should up the original flavor to 6-7%). I seem to recall others might suggest a vanilla variant. At any rate, I'd suggest reducing your high percentage. Mine tastes pretty nice after mixing, but steeping a few weeks really mellows it out to where I taste both tobacco and honey.

If I am understanding your recipe, you're using about 48% flavor. That's a lot!
    ~Sue~Feb2012 and Jason_brent like this.

Blog Entries

It looks like you're getting some pretty good advice here so I will chime in on one aspect I didn't see covered.

Steeping is with the bottle capped tight away from sunlight.

Airing is the bottle open away from sunlight.

They do different things to the flavor of a mix and are not always needed.

You probably want to click on the blue number "3" below my name. There is a blog entry on flavoring levels and I think levels 7 & 8 will be of the most interest to you because they seem to be illogical but may explain much.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Keep in mind flavors can 'peak and dump'... Meaning 4% maybe to little 8% peaks and 15%... well you think it would be super strong but the flavor just dumps out and you taste nothing! Not sure how that happens but it does. Maybe try cutting your flavors in half.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 and Leslv like this.
    Smoke free since 5/5/2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast