Blue Raspberry Flavoring
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Blue Raspberry Flavoring

Question Blue Raspberry Flavoring

does anyone know if blue raspberry flavoring is available from anywhere? if not, does anyone know how to create a blue raspberry flavor...perhaps raspberry + "blue" (lol) maybe raspberry + blueberry?

i have tried blueberry juices that taste like blue raspberry and i wonder what flavoring is used, perhaps the "candy" blueberry, or the "wild" blueberry from TFA or maybe the "blueberry extra" from TFA.

ive also tasted blueberry juice where the blueberry is more of the cooked and carmelized blueberry like you taste in a blueberry pie. this is not what im looking for.

but it would be nice if i didnt have to go the blueberry route and could find a vendor with blue raspberry flavoring. thanks for any help.
    Aurora-Oblivion likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'd like to know as well, thanks for asking! You mean like blue raspberry slushie right?

I hate actual blueberry flavors, but love fake blueberry like candy or Jiffy muffins, and I think that's (fake/candy blueberry) what will have to get mixed with whatever raspberry should be used.
    Kemosabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora-Oblivion View Post
    I'd like to know as well, thanks for asking! You mean like blue raspberry slushie right?

I hate actual blueberry flavors, but love fake blueberry like candy or Jiffy muffins, and I think that's (fake/candy blueberry) what will have to get mixed with whatever raspberry should be used.
    yup, sure do. blue raspberry slushie type flavor is what im after. i dont mind real blueberry flavor if its gonna equate to the right one for blue raspberry, but i tend to think the blueberry candy would be the one to go with for what we are looking for. BUT, im still holding out hope for a blue raspberry flavor nicely bottled up for my mixing pleasure.
    if we've got to mix flavors to get there, so be it. but maybe just maybe some flavoring company has already nailed this for us.
    Aurora-Oblivion likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Peace Loving Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

7% Sweet Raspberry
    6% Natural Blueberry
    6% Vanilla Bourbon
    1% Bavarian Cream
    1 drp. per 5mls. Lemon Juice

Steep at least 24 hrs. the longer the better it gets.

Enjoy!

Almost forgot : You can substitute the blueberry with cola for a raspberry mickey.
    Last edited by boomerdude; 03-20-2013 at 06:07 PM.

ECF Veteran

Thanks Boomerdude!

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    yup, sure do. blue raspberry slushie type flavor is what im after. i dont mind real blueberry flavor if its gonna equate to the right one for blue raspberry, but i tend to think the blueberry candy would be the one to go with for what we are looking for. BUT, im still holding out hope for a blue raspberry flavor nicely bottled up for my mixing pleasure.
    if we've got to mix flavors to get there, so be it. but maybe just maybe some flavoring company has already nailed this for us.
    Ya, it would be nice if this was already a premixed flavor! I need to get a few things from the above recipe, if you try it before I get around to it please post back and let us know what ya think, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by boomerdude View Post
    7% Sweet Raspberry
    6% Natural Blueberry
    6% Vanilla Bourbon
    1% Bavarian Cream
    1 drp. per 5mls. Lemon Juice

Steep at least 24 hrs. the longer the better it gets.

Enjoy!

Almost forgot : You can substitute the blueberry with cola for a raspberry mickey.
    right on, boomerdude!
    i am surprised yet not surprised to see something like bourbon in a blue raspberry juice. im not surprised that something like that adds to the effect we are after, yet i am surprised at the percentage used. very interesting. looks like im gonna need some more flavorings!
    are these TFA flavorings perhaps, boomer?
    Last edited by Kemosabe; 03-20-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: there = these

ECF Veteran
    Peace Loving Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

TFA through WL for the most part yes.

" are there TFA flavorings perhaps, boomer? "
    Kemosabe likes this.

bump for possible new blue raspberry recipies. also bump because i dont understand what the bourbon does in a blue raspberry mix. care to explain, Boomer? or perhaps describe how you landed on bourbon at 6%.

dont get me wrong, i like bourbon. i just dont understand how it fits in on a blueraspberry juice. or maybe it supposed to taste like blue raspberry bourbon? please help. thx.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Nature's Flavors has a Black Raspberry. I haven't tried it.

I can't speak for boomerdude but I thought the different vanillas were to try and mimic real vanillas. There is bourbon vanilla, Madagascar vanilla, Mexican vanilla...just different varieties. Bourbon vanilla flavoring doesn't taste like bourbon.

That recipe looks very good boomerdude! And will wonders never cease, I actually have all the ingredients. lol
    Quit- 12/12/12

Kemosabe likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast