• 2 Post By Ashtonsmommy1209
  • 1 Post By Bosco
  • 1 Post By Merlin21
  • 1 Post By Steve K
  • 1 Post By Cookster
  • 1 Post By Rin13

Thread: Best DIY e-juice flavoring

Default Best DIY e-juice flavoring

Who has the best e-juice flavoring? Also does the brand you use affect the amount of flavoring you need to put in?
    Lonewonderer likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome to the DIY forums! As for your second question, yes different maufacturers require different %'s of flavoring when making juice. VZ has super concentrated flavorings that have a recommended 2.5% of flavor. You will find threads here with what people have used and what they recommend using it at. However, you might not be satisfied with what other people recommend and tweak it too your liking, that is the beauty of DIY.

As for your first question each supplier has great flavors. The Flavors Apprentice is a very popular vendor with lot of recipes throughout the forums.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you very much for your feedback, I will have to dig through the forum and see what I can come up with(:
    Lonewonderer and Merlin21 like this.

ECF Veteran

Definitely each brand, and actually each individual flavor, is different in regards to the percentage you need to use. The key is knowing the flavor and how it tastes at different percentages in different mixes.

I suggest to start by picking a flavor you like and want to mix . .and then research here to see which brands of that flavor are popular . .and then mix a batch with that single flavor at a low percentage, make enough that you can try some right away and then try it again a week later . .and then go from there.

I started with Lorann's but switched to TFA. I like Loranns, definitely, but more people use TFA so I can find more information and recipes . .and the TFA flavors, for the most part, seem to require me to use less than Lorann's . .which is a bonus, as well.

I am a low flavor vapor .. but I tend to start with 3% for most flavors and usually settle on no more than 6% of any one flavor in a mix. I started out mixing 20% . . .did not care for those juices at all and was very discouraged until I dropped the flavor percentage down dramatically.
    Lonewonderer likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonsmommy1209 View Post
    Thank you very much for your feedback, I will have to dig through the forum and see what I can come up with(:
    You are very welcome. We are all learning and all here to help each other. Here is one that has %'s for TFA Flavors: The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread

Ther is also one for LorAnns as well but I do not have it bookmarked.
    Lonewonderer likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Steve K's Avatar

I've only tried TFA and so far no complaints.And I do have to say they are by far the fastest shipping of any vendor I have ordered from.
    Lonewonderer likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Back when I started DIY a year ago, Capellas was what I used. Most of their flavorings work in the 10-20% range uniformly, and the flavors are delicious! Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Vanilla Custard, Strawberries and Cream....(no tobacco flavors, though)
    This site calls them Ellas...you can try a bunch for $1.99 for 3ml. They also carry other flavorings.
    Use coupon code ecf05 for 5% off.

Ella's Gourmet Flavor Drops

Also, check out this sticky:

2012 The Best of the Best DIY flavorings from each flavor manufacture
    Lonewonderer likes this.

Agent 0 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Or NEWB works for High Desert Vapes.
    Lonewonderer likes this.