How much sweetener? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How much sweetener?

Super Member ECF Veteran Steve K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bare View Post
    What about the Flavor West Sweetener? I just got some the other day (my first sweetener, and I'm new to DIY) but I can't seem to get things as sweet as some of the juices I buy. I looked on the FW site and it says it's Sucralose.

Ingredients Are: Sucralose Artificial Sweetener, Propylene Glycol. USP Kosher Grade Flavoring. Usage Rate .25 to .50

I tried out 1 drop per ml, but that doesn't seem to taste right.
    I seem to be hung up on ez sweetz and man is it sweet,If you try one drop straight you will literally taste it for 30 min.And one drop per ml seems like too much I use one drop per 5ml with ez sweetz and you can get a free sample but you have to pay for shipping I think and it is sucralose,and mixes excellent in juices.I don't see many people mentioning it any more but I like it.2 drops in my coffee too.One of those little bottles goes a long way.
    Link here
    EZ-Sweetz® Free Sample
    Last edited by Steve K; 04-18-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

maybe i'm just over doing it and the overpowering is giving it a taste that doesn't amount to sweetness at that point. But the ingredients also state PG, so there's no telling how diluted FW made their stuff. It's not pure Sucralose, but i have no way of telling how much PG and how much Sucralose is in their mix.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I do like EM or caramel and rarely sweeten with sucralose as I am just not that into super sweet and sucralose to me has an aftertaste that I don't care for but when I do use it I use more like 1 drop per 3-5 ml of liquid. Its pretty potent.

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)

I also use sweetners to sweeten up my liquids and i use between 3% - 8% depending on the mix. So it-s all taste subjective.
    I recommend starting as low as 1% and go from there. When you start tasting the sweetness, mission complete!

If u want more, then simply add some more )

Best of luck.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shilo View Post
    I do like EM or caramel and rarely sweeten with sucralose as I am just not that into super sweet and sucralose to me has an aftertaste that I don't care for but when I do use it I use more like 1 drop per 3-5 ml of liquid. Its pretty potent.
    I guess I'm not using enough because so far in not getting a super sweet taste from it.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I generally use sweetner to reduce a sharp or bitter tobacco or make a flavor pop. I never add it thinking it will increase sweetness. It should be used sparingly (1drop per ml) to enhance flavor and not add sweetness. Adding to much as mentioned earlier will give the mix a burnt taste. Try adding caramel or vanilla or other flavor with a drop per ml of sweetner. The sweetner will make a dull flavor pop but over do it and it will ruin the mix.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Question: Can you usually buy ethyl maltol locally? I really need to sweeten some of this stuff and I cannot stand the sucralose. Anyone want this bottle? LOL!
    Candy in Austin, TX --- Cinnamon and Vanilla addict ~ I ain't saved nuthin'
    About Me | Review Blog

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -Albus Dumbledore

Has anyone tried Stevia and had positive results?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by noopuffs View Post
    Has anyone tried Stevia and had positive results?
    I have but since I've been using it in hot tea for years I long ago acquired a taste for it. I use the KAL brand. Pure powder in my tea and pure liquid in my juice. It does have somewhat of an aftertaste, but I'm used to it. I'd start with about 1 drop per 5ml and slowly increase (if so desired).

Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bare View Post
    What about the Flavor West Sweetener?
    I use 1% in my moo juice clone. I add it just like a flavoring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast