How much sweetener?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How much sweetener?

Default How much sweetener?

Just got some new DIY supplies today and ordered some sweetener to add to some of my juices. I have made some of my own juices before but not using sweetener. From what I've read it's highly concentrated and I was wondering approx how much sweetener I should use to make a 15ml bottle of juice? Approx numbers are fine I know it varies. I generally do about 25-30% flavoring if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran glassmanoak's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it's TFA Sweetener, I use 0ne drop per 5 ml. Other brands, I don't know

It's MBV sweetener but I will start out with that and then go from there. Thank you!
    glassmanoak likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i think by adding too much sweetner to my mix gave me a horrible burnt flavor. glassmanoak is right, do not add much if you do.

Super Member ECF Veteran Steve K's Avatar

I had to look up Mbv sweetner and it is suclarose,I use Ez sweetz which is sucralose as well and I use about 1 or 2 drops per 5 ml.Honestly I use sweetner for everything I make and when I decide to not use it I wished I had.
    glassmanoak and DDark4eva like this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran glassmanoak's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never use EM as a sweetener because I feel that it REALLY dulls the flavor.
    SouthernBliss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glassmanoak View Post
    I never use EM as a sweetener because I feel that it REALLY dulls the flavor.
    Where do you get your sweetener? It works well & doesn't dull the flavor? I'll see how this juice tastes after I let it steep for a week or so, but it'd be awesome to have a backup in case I'm not satisfied with this sweetener.

Super Member ECF Veteran Steve K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonsmommy1209 View Post
    Where do you get your sweetener? It works well & doesn't dull the flavor? I'll see how this juice tastes after I let it steep for a week or so, but it'd be awesome to have a backup in case I'm not satisfied with this sweetener.
    Glassmanoak is referring to EM (Ethyl maltol) which is different than the sweetner you ordered which is Sucralose,I have both and I prefer the Sucralose only because it seems to take more percentage of Em to achieve the same as sucralose at a lower percent.They do have a slight different taste and effect.But I do like the taste of sucralose.Here is EM (Ethyl maltol) which is also known as cotton candy at TPA.But I've never tried enough of it to say it dulls the taste.Read the reviews on the page.
    https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com...dy-flavor.aspx
    Last edited by Steve K; 04-14-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ah, good to know. I have the MBV sweet and I cannot STAND it. It leaves a horrible residual taste. I'll look for EM

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Glassmanoak is referring to EM (Ethyl maltol) which is different than the sweetner you ordered which is Sucralose,I have both and I prefer the Sucralose only because it seems to take more percentage of Em to achieve the same as sucralose at a lower percent.They do have a slight different taste and effect.But I do like the taste of sucralose.Here is EM (Ethyl maltol) which is also known as cotton candy at TPA.But I've never tried enough of it to say it dulls the taste.Read the reviews on the page.
    https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com...dy-flavor.aspx
    Candy in Austin, TX --- Cinnamon and Vanilla addict ~ I ain't saved nuthin'
    About Me | Review Blog

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -Albus Dumbledore

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What about the Flavor West Sweetener? I just got some the other day (my first sweetener, and I'm new to DIY) but I can't seem to get things as sweet as some of the juices I buy. I looked on the FW site and it says it's Sucralose.

Ingredients Are: Sucralose Artificial Sweetener, Propylene Glycol. USP Kosher Grade Flavoring. Usage Rate .25 to .50

I tried out 1 drop per ml, but that doesn't seem to taste right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast