Flavor West DIY flavor review - Page 5
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Like Tree628Likes

Thread: Flavor West DIY flavor review

Senior Member ECF Veteran bckane's Avatar

wow my bad.........yes its oz's not ml
    Quote Originally Posted by solardrgn View Post
    i think youre getting mixed up a little, buying from FW directly is 4oz or about 240ml

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi every one! I purchased my base of 65pg & 35vg. (I add my nic 12mg- pg base seperate) & the flavor west flavoring from Mt. Baker vapor -- flavors as follows:
    Sweet cream: I use this at 5% in most everything, I adore it. Although it says sweet, to me it's not.. it kind of balances out a mix, smoothes it. And it is creamy.

Whipped cream: this is another add on for me@ 5%, but this is sweeter. And it's creamy but not as smooth, it has a slight bite.. very good with fruit....

Bavarian cream: again, a add on.but this is sweeter, and smooth and creamy. I put this in fruits and well a lot of mixes.I go higher with this. 7% -10% and light on the fruit, or peanut butter.... Even the toasted almond.I would add the second flavor to taste.

Butter cream: this is very strong, and has a tangy bite.... It smells like pure butter.. and yes, tastes like pure butter. To me it ruined my fruit mixes and the vape scented my room that my daughter thought I was making popcorn lol.... I'm trying to find something to use this with...

Pina colada: awesome! @20% (I like sweet) if I am using the creams I use this at 15%.

Strawberry: I love this strawberry. It's nit a super s.b. it is almost tarty,, but I really like it. I use it at 15% and add a cream at 5%.

Grape: amazing!! It is in the middle of a candy and fruit grape... I've been using this alone at 15%.

Toasted almond: again,, amazing. It tastes like a almond cookie to me. It is perfect at 15-20% depending on my mood.

Butterscotch tobacco: ok.... I used it at 15% it's very very strong... & This one I still have steeping..... And it's been 3 Months lol. It's very dark, almost sludgy and not for me.

Bananas gone nuts: yummy! 15% great alone.

Peanut butter: I haven't tried this yet.. I need another flavor still, to make.... Something lol

Sugar cookie: I used this at 15%, and while tasty, it didn't taste like a sugar cookie.it was good though.... Like a sweet dessert.

Oh,I made 15ml bottles...

There are still some I want to try... Blue berry and others... But I am happy with the flavors. In my opinion they don't seem at all to be watered down.... And I haven't had to over flavor anything (unless I wanted it super sweet) I'm also happy with the price.. shipping is super fast,,,, for me it's a win win lol.
    I'm enjoying this thread, thank you to the op!!
    As I try more I'll add!! Have an amazing day everyone!

Edit to add: I don't normally steep anything.... I mix and vape. I guess it steeps as I go along lol. But the tobaccos definitely need it and the creams do get creamier over time
    Last edited by GraCnT; 04-24-2013 at 02:24 PM.

slave to the comma Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Democratic People's Republic of California

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNoob View Post
    Has anyone confirmed if MBV and FW have the diy flavors at the same concentrations?
    I asked them and they replied "trade secret" so i would not trust that they are the same.
    Shilo, gtseng, bckane and 1 others like this.
    "There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad."
    Salvador Dali

Ive ordered several flavors from MBV........Loved the premix Cinnamon Roll. So bought a 15ml bottle of Cinnamon Roll.
    made up 3 10ml bottles 50/50.........made at different %'s 10% 15% 20%. Steeped in my Ultra sonic machine.......15x 8minute cycles.
    the one bottle at 20% still taste weak compared to their premix...........any suggestions.???
    Last edited by bckane; 04-24-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Full Member Verified Member gtseng's Avatar

wow, really happy for your success! I looked at your percentages, it seems confirm my own experience with the same flavor. I use 50/50 PG/VG mixing at 20% flavor total. At first, it seems the flavor is weak. Now after 1 week of steeping, the flavor is coming out better (except for Cinnamon Roll). By the way, the vapes are very satisfying now if I use Phoenix RBA, somewhat weak if I use Vivi Nova.

As far as Cinnamon Roll goes, I up it to 25% and letting it steep further.

Quote Originally Posted by GraCnT View Post
    Hi every one! I purchased my base of 65pg & 35vg. (I add my nic 12mg- pg base seperate) & the flavor west flavoring from Mt. Baker vapor -- flavors as follows:
    Sweet cream: I use this at 5% in most everything, I adore it. Although it says sweet, to me it's not.. it kind of balances out a mix, smoothes it. And it is creamy.

Whipped cream: this is another add on for me@ 5%, but this is sweeter. And it's creamy but not as smooth, it has a slight bite.. very good with fruit....

Bavarian cream: again, a add on.but this is sweeter, and smooth and creamy. I put this in fruits and well a lot of mixes.I go higher with this. 7% -10% and light on the fruit, or peanut butter.... Even the toasted almond.I would add the second flavor to taste.

Butter cream: this is very strong, and has a tangy bite.... It smells like pure butter.. and yes, tastes like pure butter. To me it ruined my fruit mixes and the vape scented my room that my daughter thought I was making popcorn lol.... I'm trying to find something to use this with...

Pina colada: awesome! @20% (I like sweet) if I am using the creams I use this at 15%.

Strawberry: I love this strawberry. It's nit a super s.b. it is almost tarty,, but I really like it. I use it at 15% and add a cream at 5%.

Grape: amazing!! It is in the middle of a candy and fruit grape... I've been using this alone at 15%.

Toasted almond: again,, amazing. It tastes like a almond cookie to me. It is perfect at 15-20% depending on my mood.

Butterscotch tobacco: ok.... I used it at 15% it's very very strong... & This one I still have steeping..... And it's been 3 Months lol. It's very dark, almost sludgy and not for me.

Bananas gone nuts: yummy! 15% great alone.

Peanut butter: I haven't tried this yet.. I need another flavor still, to make.... Something lol

Sugar cookie: I used this at 15%, and while tasty, it didn't taste like a sugar cookie.it was good though.... Like a sweet dessert.

Oh,I made 15ml bottles...

There are still some I want to try... Blue berry and others... But I am happy with the flavors. In my opinion they don't seem at all to be watered down.... And I haven't had to over flavor anything (unless I wanted it super sweet) I'm also happy with the price.. shipping is super fast,,,, for me it's a win win lol.
    I'm enjoying this thread, thank you to the op!!
    As I try more I'll add!! Have an amazing day everyone!

Edit to add: I don't normally steep anything.... I mix and vape. I guess it steeps as I go along lol. But the tobaccos definitely need it and the creams do get creamier over time

Quote Originally Posted by bckane View Post
    Ive ordered several flavors from MBV........Loved the premix Cinnamon Roll. So bought a 15ml bottle of Cinnamon Roll.
    made up 3 10ml bottles 50/50.........made at different %'s 10% 15% 20%. Steeped in my Ultra sonic machine.......15x 8minute cycles.
    the one bottle at 20% still taste weak compared to their premix...........any suggestions.???
    Bckane, what PG/VG ratio are you using? Do you have any dripping atty that you can try the juice?

Like you, I love this cinnamon Roll MBV is making. Would love to get the % right DIY!

Thanks for trying! Does the answer make them more suspicious? Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by eikon View Post
    I asked them and they replied "trade secret" so i would not trust that they are the same.

50/50 ratio................im thinking about picking up some flavor west flavors from a different vendor to compare strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by gtseng View Post
    Bckane, what PG/VG ratio are you using? Do you have any dripping atty that you can try the juice?

Like you, I love this cinnamon Roll MBV is making. Would love to get the % right DIY!
    Baums likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Cin. Roll and most fw tastes really good for me at 10% 75 vg / 25 pg. I use a aga-t2 / ss mesh

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree, depends on the tank your using. Tried my blends on my old viva nova..........much better. so I need to find the right % to work with my protank..........getting ready to roll up a SS wick for my protank

Quote Originally Posted by fooey View Post
    Cin. Roll and most fw tastes really good for me at 10% 75 vg / 25 pg. I use a aga-t2 / ss mesh

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast