Thread: LorAnn flavors

Senior Member* ECF Veteran Kabooma's Avatar

Default LorAnn flavors

Hi all,
    Been a couple of weeks since I've visited, work got busy, life, etc.. Still vaping, and still DIY'ing. Haven't played chemist lately though, been just mixing as needed a recipe that's become my ADV. Anyways, I've really found that I prefer LA to TPA/TFA, and have bought mostly LA concentrates.. but finding recipes that include the flavors I have has been difficult. I think I have a knack for buying a lot of things that don't go together. The few threads I've found for LA exclusively start with someone asking about LA, then everyone responds how much they like TPA/TFA better. Please don't turn this one into that-

Anyways.. I've read somewhere that the bubble gum flavor was delicious, so I have that one. I tried it out at 10%, but it lacked flavor, so I remixed to 20% (most single LA flavors I mix at 20-23% where my personal sweet spot seems to be). I get the flavor at the 20%, but it's rather harsh, biting, and produces very little vapor. It's been sitting in a corner steeping for weeks, tried it again, same thing. Any suggestions on that one?

Secondly, as far as flavors go, of the ones I list below, which would you say make good stand alone vapes, or which would you think I should mix together? Note, all are LA flavors unless otherwise noted.

Blueberry
    Coconut
    Licorice
    Butter Rum
    Cherry
    Bananna Creme
    Bubble Gum
    Cinnamon Spice (TFA)
    Pineapple
    County fair cotton candy (had same issue as bubble gum)
    English Toffee
    Apple
    Butterscotch
    Menthol and Clove (Pinkspot)

So far, I've done licorice, and have combined the pineapple, coconut, and butter rum for a great pina colada.. but that's about it.

Full Member ECF Veteran bigbassbrent's Avatar

20% sounds a little strong for LA but you didn’t mention what % your base liquid is so its hard to say what percent you should shoot for. 100% VG is going to require a lot more flavor than 100% PG. I use a 70PG/30VG mix and usually go around 10-14% for my LA flavors.

From you list, and assuming a 70/30 base, perhaps try Banana Creme (10%) with a light cherry (4%) might be good. Add 1 drop/ml of cotton candy as a sweetener. And instead of cherry you could probably use the Butter Rum or English Toffee in the same percent for some good combinations with the Banana Creme.
    Last edited by bigbassbrent; 05-24-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Their Butter Rum and Butterscotch work pretty well together.
    SSGGTS/STEALTH/BRASSGGTS#4300/SSJGG/BJGG/ ODDYv1/ODDYv2x3/ ITHAKA x3/PENELOPE/ UFSv2/Wizards Apprentice L 026NUTZED/Tsaf

Moved On

Never bought any LorAnn flavors. I've heard they are on the weak side.

But typically? If vaping 60/40 or 50/50? Keep flavoring percentages TOTAL at 20% or less... I use 12 to 17% usually

Too much flavoring reduces vapor and taste

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You're missing my personal two favorites from LA, Strawberry, and Banana.

Without having tried some of those, I might suggest...

Cinnamon + Apple

Coconut + Pineapple
    I support the CASAA!
    Mostly just the ProVari now 'n days

Senior Member* ECF Veteran Kabooma's Avatar

ah, forgot to clarify. I use 50/50 18mg base

I do all new mixes at 10% and raise as necessary. I've had the discussion about flavor percentages in other topics, but for some reason I don't really taste the flavor deeply until I generally hit the 20-23% point with most flavors. Others are obviously stronger. For instance, my pina colada recipe is 5% pineapple, 15% coconut, and 10% butter run.. I tried taking each down to equal 20% total, but then it just didn't taste as good or as robust.. I'm a flavor junkie I guess lol.. Also doesn't help that I have sinus issues.

I've also read that LA flavors are weak, but you will find there's claims on every brand of that same thing. I've gotten weak / ruined TFA flavors before, so we all have our biases. Doesn't help that more than a few resellers water them down when they repackage the flavors.. I plan to order direct from TPA and see- currently I get my stuff from wizard labs, and I love their LA stuff, but their TFA is just kind of "meh" to me.

Thanks for the recipe suggestions, I will give them a try later.

Moved On

At 60/40 ratios less then 20% flavoring will likely be enough for you. The more VG you use the higher flavoring % u need to achieve the same amount of flavor, at the expense of less throat hit.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by Kabooma View Post
    Hi all,
    Been a couple of weeks since I've visited, work got busy, life, etc.. Still vaping, and still DIY'ing. Haven't played chemist lately though, been just mixing as needed a recipe that's become my ADV. Anyways, I've really found that I prefer LA to TPA/TFA, and have bought mostly LA concentrates.. but finding recipes that include the flavors I have has been difficult. I think I have a knack for buying a lot of things that don't go together. The few threads I've found for LA exclusively start with someone asking about LA, then everyone responds how much they like TPA/TFA better. Please don't turn this one into that-

Anyways.. I've read somewhere that the bubble gum flavor was delicious, so I have that one. I tried it out at 10%, but it lacked flavor, so I remixed to 20% (most single LA flavors I mix at 20-23% where my personal sweet spot seems to be). I get the flavor at the 20%, but it's rather harsh, biting, and produces very little vapor. It's been sitting in a corner steeping for weeks, tried it again, same thing. Any suggestions on that one?

Secondly, as far as flavors go, of the ones I list below, which would you say make good stand alone vapes, or which would you think I should mix together? Note, all are LA flavors unless otherwise noted.

Blueberry
    Coconut
    Licorice
    Butter Rum
    Cherry
    Bananna Creme
    Bubble Gum
    Cinnamon Spice (TFA)
    Pineapple
    County fair cotton candy (had same issue as bubble gum)
    English Toffee
    Apple
    Butterscotch
    Menthol and Clove (Pinkspot)

So far, I've done licorice, and have combined the pineapple, coconut, and butter rum for a great pina colada.. but that's about it.
    This looks interesting:

6% English Toffee
    4% Butter Rum
    4% Butter Scotch

No idea what to call it? "BAWDY MAMA?"