Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Tobacco Blends

Agent 0 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Tobacco Blends

I'm looking for a relatively dry, not sweet tobacco flavor and so far have not found it. I have found flavors I like, like (Vaping Zone Parliament, FlavourArt Royal, VapingZone Cigar) but nothing like what I've described. It's also something that would help my dad convert to vaping as it's what he likes. He's pretty much a chain smoker and he's told me that to convert he needs something that 'knocks his socks off". For him, even if you could recommend a vendor flavor that would work, I would be eternally grateful. (he likes a light nicotine 'hit' w/ a lot of flavor)
    Anyways, ones that I have tried that got rave reviews were FlavourArt MAXX Blend, Vaping Zone Carolina tobacco, and the ones I listed above. Also have tried pretty much every Perfumer's Apprentice tobacco flavor.
    I was thinking about trying Real Cig by Vaping Zone as people have described it as being the closest thing to an analog that they've tried but people said that about MAXX Blend as well and to me, it tastes nothing like it. Tastes very chemical and floral-like to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PV Master ECF Veteran michaelsil1's Avatar

Hangsen RY1 one drop per ml is a definite winner

Ry1 Flavoring by Hangsen

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Rin, how about a RY4 blend with added tobacco extract? Maybe he would like something with a dessert taste that also has an extract back-up? Maybe two blends- one straight up hard-core cigg or cigar and another that is bakery? Has he tried your blends?

I'm just brainstorming here...

edit- I smoked menthols and I don't like menthol vape at all...I thought I would and that was the first flavor I ordered. I still have some carts left.
    Last edited by roundrock; 07-01-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Agent 0 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My dad loathes menthols. He rolls his own but before that, he smoked Pall Malls and Camels. The RY4, to me, is sweet. He doesn't want something sweet. At one point, he tried every juice I had made up. He said a couple were ok but all were weak to him. Mind you, I have pretty strong senses and his taste buds are fried from smoking... so they all were pretty bland to him. The only one he really liked was the butterscotch from High Desert vapes that they sent me as a sample, and even that he said he would prefer to be stronger.

Agent 0 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

michaelsil1, is the RY1 sweet though? I'm looking for something that isn't sweet. I do like the RY4s I've tried for the most part but I'm looking for some variety as every tobacco flavor I have with the exception of Parliament, is sweet

PV Master ECF Veteran michaelsil1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rin13 View Post
    michaelsil1, is the RY1 sweet though? I'm looking for something that isn't sweet. I do like the RY4s I've tried for the most part but I'm looking for some variety as every tobacco flavor I have with the exception of Parliament, is sweet
    The Hangsen RY1 is a pure Tobacco Extract if you want to cut the sweetness put one drop of Apple Cider Vinegar per 10ml

BTW

This is from BJ43

If he wants it strong (Camel Non Filter) mix at 1.5 drops per ml.
    Last edited by michaelsil1; 07-01-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    Rin13 and roundrock like this.

Agent 0 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yep. He likes it strong. I'm thinking that once he likes vaping, he'll venture on to other flavors. But for now, he wants something familiar to him. He's tried vaping before, but as far as I know it was all vendor brands (probably not good ones either) and 510 pen style devices.
    RobertNC likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran RobertNC's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, I used to smoke Camel shorts, you are just not going to find anything like that. As far as not flowery, not perfumey, and definitely has some kick, I ordered about 20 of these weird Chinese TobaccoExpress flavors and while they don't exactly taste like cigarette tobacco, they don't taste like old lady's douche water or old hippie's patchouli either. You might want to try any of these (of course you will need to add nic and PG/VG and I would suggest a little caramel too even though he does not want sweet):

Haorizi
    HongJinLong
    Honghe
    Changbaishan

These are the darkest, most ...-kick of the multitude of these flavors I have tried.
    Rin13, Steven Pye and roundrock like this.

Full Member ECF Veteran RobertNC's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also a little TFA Coffee flavor will add some kick without adding perfume or sweetness, but it is way too potent - cut it to 1/4 strength with PG/VG and add a drop per mL and adjust from there.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast