Tfa American Red - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Tfa American Red

Senior Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by JD1 View Post

... The hazelnut sounds good. Which one are you using? ...
    The TFA one. I've already added it to the mix to make up 5%, steeping now. If I didn't have the Hazelnut, I would have tried any of the other nut flavors you named. If you do get around to trying to mix those with the American Reds, let us know, curious to see how that would turn out.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lyndagayle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This sounds like one I would like. FA Virginia is my all around favorite because it has the grassy note and reminds me of a freshly opened pack of cigs. Gotta order this one for sure. Thanks!
    JeremyR likes this.
    Life is like a grindstone. It can grind you down or polish you up, depending on what you're made of.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I cracked open my 2 day old bottle of American Red with caramel, gotta say it's not bad. A nut accent would probably do wonders for it, but alas, I have none. I think I may try a toasted almond on my next order, along with a walnut. So far, I'm optimistic with this one.

Senior Member* ECF Veteran Kabooma's Avatar

I found it to be unbelievably disgusting. Even at 5% the floral aspect of the flavor was terribly overpowering. I steeped it for weeks and it didn't get better. When I say floral, I don't get the fresh mowed grass or hay smell at all from it- to me it smells more like what my nose and taste buds combined would tell me if I started chewing on a combination of dandelions, roses, tulips, orchids, and lavendar flowers.. you get the drift- it's offensive to the point that when I smell it, it makes me gag a little and feel sick to my stomach. I dumped it and couldn't get the stench out of the bottle, even with a vodka soak, the bottle too ultimately went into the trash as well.

LOL.. sounds like an angry review, but I wanted to put in my two cents on this flavor, and I honestly couldn't possibly think any lower of any flavor I've ever sampled.
    xnerd1963 likes this.

JD1

^^^^One of two things. Either it shows how varied our taste buds can be, or you got a bad batch. Probably the first but bad batches do happen. If supply tubes get changed without being thoroughly cleaned then it's hard to predict what the first part of that run will taste like. As the old saying goes 'it's hard to find good help' lol.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kabooma View Post
    I found it to be unbelievably disgusting. Even at 5% the floral aspect of the flavor was terribly overpowering. I steeped it for weeks and it didn't get better. When I say floral, I don't get the fresh mowed grass or hay smell at all from it- to me it smells more like what my nose and taste buds combined would tell me if I started chewing on a combination of dandelions, roses, tulips, orchids, and lavendar flowers.. you get the drift- it's offensive to the point that when I smell it, it makes me gag a little and feel sick to my stomach. I dumped it and couldn't get the stench out of the bottle, even with a vodka soak, the bottle too ultimately went into the trash as well.

LOL.. sounds like an angry review, but I wanted to put in my two cents on this flavor, and I honestly couldn't possibly think any lower of any flavor I've ever sampled.
    We got ours and mixed it at 1%, 2.5% & 5%...and it was overwhelmingly "wrong" to us at 1%. It smells to us something like a very weak, very dirty, very old, package of opened generic mint gum...that had been laying at the bottom of a musty purse, with and handful old dried flower/herbs that had been in the bottom of a purse for quite a few years (next to an opened pack of stale cigs).

I can only imagine how foul it would have been to vape it at 5%.

You don't seem at ALL "angry" to me. In fact, I'm very glad you posted your experience! Without your opinion/report, we may have spent lots of time, effort money trying to work with it at percentages that would never be vapable for us.

I think we'll mix 2-5 drops into 10mls, let it steep, and see if perhaps we can find a place for it somewhere along the line...or not! :::grin:::

Senior Member Verified Member

I actually had confused this flavor with another one, called M-Type and went into a longgg review about it, and at the end I realize I was in the wrong thread, lol.

Well here is the short version, after a 2-3 week steep: I immediately disliked this flavor, perhaps there is something wrong, so I left it alone for over 2 weeks. After steeping ,I still couldn't take it. What is it about this flavor? Sure enough I still had 2 unfinished packs of Marlboros in my night table that I had not touched for several weeks. I took one out, went outside and lit it up.

I took a drag, and then I took 2, and right at about the 3rd one, I am certain, TFA American Red captures the taste of a real Marlboro cigarette in a very very accurate way. I wonder to myself how in the world could I have smoked this for 28 years when I can barely have it now and moreover, seem to REALLY dislike it's vaping clone, TFA American Red? I guess vaping has completely altered my sensory satisfaction. I mean no offense to those who enjoy TFA American Red, by all means I wish you continued enjoyment, but this flavor is not for everyone, for sure.
    JeremyR likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Sitting down, facing forward, but that's not important right now.
    Blog Entries

I've been lurking and following this thread. I ordered some American Red on my last WL order about a month ago and hadn't mixed anything with it until Saturday. I mixed it at 2.5% with 2.5% ethyl maltol with my standard 60/40/8mg base. It's been sitting on my desk since Saturday morning, a whole three days, plus or minus a few hours. I just tried it out of curiosity and it wasn't bad at all. I think more steeping will help, but I do see possibilities with it at a low percentage. I don't think it works well enough to be a stand-alone flavor, and that's true of most tobacco flavors for me, but with a little tweaking it should make a great tobacco flavor, at least I'm hoping it will.

I do think most of the tobacco flavors are very strong and need to be mixed at a very low percentage until you figure out what works best. Between everyone's differing tastes, sensitivity to tastes and just plain old likes and dislikes it can be a bear to find that "sweet spot" with any flavor.
    Renolizzie likes this.
    If it's not a Boerboel, it's just a dog.

JD1

Quote Originally Posted by awsum140 View Post
    ........I do think most of the tobacco flavors are very strong and need to be mixed at a very low percentage until you figure out what works best. .......
    Agreed. I had to go all the way down to about 3 percent to get some hangsen flavors to work for me. Probably the strongest I mix is the TFA double ry4 that I like at 10 percent and steeped about 4 weeks.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I f you like it, I will have to try it, Awsum. I think we like similar flavors
    awsum140 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast