Cinnamon Ejuice
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Cinnamon Ejuice

Default Cinnamon Ejuice

Good Morning All,
    Last night I wanted to make just plain cinnamon euice. I used the e-juice calculator that can be found on here. There is actually no plain cinnamon recipie on it. Well anyway i made a 2.0 Ml batch at 15 % flavor and it told me to add 10 drops or 0.30 Ml. I followed the mix of PG VG and PG Nic exactly and accurately. I mixed it up put it in my clearomizer and it was WAAAYYYY too strong and it started melting my clearomizer tank. Obviously I cant follow the e-juice calculator when using Loran cinnamon oil. I emptied out my tank cleaned it out and remade the batch this time using only 2 drops of cinnamon oil for the 2.0 ML batch and it seems fine. My quesiton is are there any other oils that are strong like this and the juice calculator cant be used for the ratio? And is there a calculator out there for this cinnamon oil or other similar oils? Thanks in advance.

PV Master ECF Veteran michaelsil1's Avatar

I don't think it was the e-juice calculator I think you put too much Cinnamon! Someone recommended TFA Cinnamon (Regular) @ 1-2%
    Steven Pye likes this.

I want to be stereotyped. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I see a few places where your mix may have gone astray. Cinnamon e-liquids are notorious tank melters. You'll need a clearomizer that has a glass tank section instead of polycarbonate. It's unclear whether or not the recipe you were following specified LorAnn as the brand to be used. Also, using drops as a form of measurement can be inaccurate. The only time I use drops as a form of measurement is when the amount of the ingredient being added is too small to use a syringe with any accuracy.

If you're going for a candy cinnamon flavor (not a natural cinnamon flavor), I use TFA Cinnamon Red Hots at 7%.
    Steven Pye likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsil1 View Post
    I don't think it was the e-juice calculator I think you put too much Cinnamon! Someone recommended TFA Cinnamon (Regular) @ 1-2%
    Hi Michael I was not saying it was the calculator. I was trying to say that when using Loran Cinnamon Oil you can't use 15% on the calculator. Your 1 -2% that you have here is probably about right. I put 2% flavoring in the calculator and it came up with .04 ml or 1 drop. I was asking also are there any other oils that are this way?

Quote Originally Posted by FACE MEAT View Post
    I see a few places where your mix may have gone astray. Cinnamon e-liquids are notorious tank melters. You'll need a clearomizer that has a glass tank section instead of polycarbonate. It's unclear whether or not the recipe you were following specified LorAnn as the brand to be used. Also, using drops as a form of measurement can be inaccurate. The only time I use drops as a form of measurement is when the amount of the ingredient being added is too small to use a syringe with any accuracy.

If you're going for a candy cinnamon flavor (not a natural cinnamon flavor), I use TFA Cinnamon Red Hots at 7%.
    Hi Face,
    I was not using a plain cinnamon ejuice recipie as the recipie calculator did not have a plain cinnamon recipie. I just followed the reccomendation of lots of posts on here at 15% flavoring and the calculator said .30 ml. I followed that and it was too strong so obiously I cant use a 15% flavor ratio with Loran cinnamon oil. Also I do not use drops as a measurement tool. I use a dropper with a ml scale on it and it is accurate. I mixed it right as per the calculator. I am looking for a glass tank clearomizer this weekend. Thanks.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

as others have said you put too much cinnamon in

i also cringe whenever i see someone using drops as a measurement, you will get wildly inaccurate and inconsistent results that way...if you are an expert mixer with a lot of experience i could see using drops to tweak a thing or something but i think you ought to just get a few syringes and get fairly accurate measurements

PV Master ECF Veteran michaelsil1's Avatar

If you follow some of the recommended percentages you will be in for a shock.

I want to be stereotyped. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wicker View Post
    I just followed the reccomendation of lots of posts on here at 15% flavoring and the calculator said .30 ml. I followed that and it was too strong so obiously I cant use a 15% flavor ratio with Loran cinnamon oil.
    Was this recommendation for LorAnn or another brand?

Quote Originally Posted by the_vape_nerd View Post
    as others have said you put too much cinnamon in

i also cringe whenever i see someone using drops as a measurement, you will get wildly inaccurate and inconsistent results that way...if you are an expert mixer with a lot of experience i could see using drops to tweak a thing or something but i think you ought to just get a few syringes and get fairly accurate measurements
    Thanks for the reply, as I said above I DONT use drops as a measurment. I use ML. I simply stated in my original post that the calculator said 10 drop.

Quote Originally Posted by FACE MEAT View Post
    Was this recommendation for LorAnn or another brand?
    It was a genereic reccommendation for any flavoring Face. I dont have a reccomendation to follow for Loran Cinnamon Oil. Guess I should have been a little bit more specific sorry.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast