Ethyl Maltol - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ethyl Maltol

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran ohman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Pye View Post
    smooth is an additive that cuts high notes and blends flavors, it is not like EM, you would use it to tone down fruits or if you where mixing fruit and cream.

there is another additive called MTS Vape Wizard by Flavour Art that if you mix tobaccos is a must have, it blends and enhances your tobaccos while providing body................ it works a magic that is hard to explain
    It's like franks. .. i put that sh** in everything...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Steven Pye, KimchiMonger and Hoggy like this.
    Crafting one of a kind Drip tips, Mods and Atomizes one at a time -bmods

Super Member ECF Veteran KimchiMonger's Avatar

I LIKE FRANKS. Good Magic.

Various flavors from Wizard Labs & TFA just shipped out to me a couple of days ago. I've only written these down and prepared initial small percentages in e-juice calculator but I'll be mixing tobaccos with sweets such as:

• Black Honey Tobacco with Regular Coffee or Caramel Capuccino
    • Captain Black with Egg Nog
    • Various Tobacco flavors (Capt. Black,M Type Premium,Tobacco Absolute) with Molasses or Horchata
    • Various tobaccos each with Caramel and Peanut Butter

You get the idea so I'll try them all without Ethyl Maltol, Smooth, or MTS and then try again with those softeners.
    Last edited by KimchiMonger; 08-16-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Steven Pye and SouthernBliss like this.
    You gonna eat that Kimchi?

Super Member ECF Veteran KimchiMonger's Avatar

Received and mixed up some tobacco flavors for future sampling and adding secondary flavors. Prepared 5ml - 75/25 VG-PG - 24% Nic

Capt. Black, Honey Black, Tobacco Absolute, and M Type. Noted recipes and dated. Will steep 7 days and sample before noting stand alone favorite flavor and then add flavor among nuts,coffee, and caramel type sweets. Still have the ethyl maltol on order and will add a tiny drop to each while they steep as these can be a bit harsh.

While awaiting the ethyl, I did receive TFA's 'Smooth Flavor' which I added to a rather harsh dragon's brew and 7 leaf combination. Worked it up to 6 drops in a 10 ml bottle and noticed a HUGE and very pleasant difference! All flavors very smooth and blended! No overpowering flavors driving dagers in my throat. Vaping the crap out of it right now. Very tasty. This is very handy and will keep it on hand with the ethyl maltol for tobaccos. What a difference this stuff makes.

Thanks to all of you who've chimed in with your experience! Will follow up with the tobacco flavors later as well.
    SouthernBliss likes this.
    You gonna eat that Kimchi?

Super Member Verified Member

I have some Ethyl Maltol on the way, I always mix in 15ml bottles, how much should I use of this? thanks

Senior Member ECF Veteran mrcoolbp's Avatar

I am one who is quite sensitive to EM. I use it at .55% in my tobacco mix. It's not too sweet here, but any more and it becomes too sweet, and really dulls the flavor. Also good to note that a lot of EM can contribute to gunking up your coils more quickly. Don't get me wrong though, you gotta have this stuff in your arsenal though for tobacco mixes!

I'm hoping it will help some of my flavors be more strong.

It won't, actually it dulls flavors and sweetens while adding "body."

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoolbp View Post
    It won't, actually it dulls flavors and sweetens while adding "body."
    Really!, If so then I have gotten just as much bad advice on this site as good, A lot of folks said they use it as a sweetener. Was going buy and try some sweetener from walmart but everyone said this stuff would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapeman12 View Post
    Really!, If so then I have gotten just as much bad advice on this site as good, A lot of folks said they use it as a sweetener. Was going buy and try some sweetener from walmart but everyone said this stuff would work better.
    Well for tobaccos we often recommend using EM as the "burnt cotton candy" flavor lends itself well to those mixes. It can begin to dull a flavor at higher percentages, but it can also mellow out a harsh flavor, so that can be used to your advantage. I would start around .5% EM and increase very slowly from there. Some people go as high as 2%-2.5% but I haven't had to go that high in my mixes. I can't see a need to go above 3% with this stuff. If you need more sweet, add a straight sweetener too.

If you are making a sweet flavor (like desserts or fruits) you may want to go with just a regular sweetener (Sucralose is one I believe).
    Last edited by mrcoolbp; 08-28-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    SouthernBliss likes this.

I wanted to try it with my Black cherry, it is kinda nasty by itself, I only use VG, an either distilled water or Vodka, I only use 1ml of witch ever of those and been using 11.5ml of VG and 1ML of flavor to mix my 15ml bottles. I do not use nicotine or PG at all.
    I have come Cherry, and Vanilla i wanted to try ti with to, not sure if i can ever make those two any good both came from a place i wanted to buy from cause they were cheap, I will never buy cheap again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast