Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CommaHolly
  • 2 Post By dannyv45
  • 1 Post By cookiebun
  • 1 Post By dannyv45

Thread: Newbie DIY question

Full Member Verified Member Dave379's Avatar

Default Newbie DIY question

Well, I guess I really don't even qualify to be a newbie since I haven't tried DIY yet but what I'm wondering is how I can bring some Vanilla flavors that I have to life. I went on a recent rampage trying to find a good Vanilla and I have probably 10-12 Vanilla flavors that are seriously lacking in flavor and sweetness. I'm hoping to get some advice on how I might be able to doctor some of these up or if this is even possible or if it's even worth it. Do I just need to pick up some Vanilla flavoring and some sweetener or what? And what type of utensils will I need? I also need to get an idea of how much I should add? The ones that I want to try to doctor up are either 30ml or 15ml bottles. Even though I do plan on diving into DIY eventually, right now I'm just trying to get some advice on doctoring up some of this Vanilla that I have. I could also use some help on finding a good DIY vendor. I've heard that HOLY GRAIL OF VANILLAZ from Flavor Shack is pretty good. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

PV Master ECF Veteran CommaHolly's Avatar

I find vanilla is one of the hardest to make,,,,,,

having said that, adding a bit of sweetner seems to really help mine.
    Dave379 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

add 1 or 2 drops lemon juice per 10ml. Or as mentioned 1 or 2 drops sweetener per 10ml. If the juice you bought was freshly made it may just need a few days to steep. So you don't waste the whole bottle of store bought juice I would just take about 5ml and add 1 drop and see if it helps.
    Last edited by dannyv45; 10-13-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Dave379 and djezewski like this.
    OH MY, I just unscrewed the wrong end of my clearo and it spilled all over me.
    Read my blogs http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/

Quote Originally Posted by dannyv45 View Post
    add 1 or 2 drops lemon juice per 10ml. Or as mentioned 1 or 2 drops sweetener per 10ml. If the juice you bought was freshly made it may just need a few days to steep. So you don't waste the whole bottle of store bought juice I would just take about 5ml and add 1 drop and see if it helps.
    All of the liquid that I plan on doctoring up has been steeped. Since I'm trying to bring out the Vanilla flavor do you think adding lemon juice is the way to go or would it be better to add 1-2 drops of Vanilla per 10mls? I was also wondering if it would be ok to use across the counter Vanilla?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

As CommaHolly said, vanilla is a tough one. I'd try some sweetener.
    Dave379 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

What are you looking to do add more sweetness or add more vanilla flavor.

If sweetness add sweetener.

If flavor was OK then faded add lemon. If flavor was never there in the first place add vanilla. But a warning not all vanillas are created equal and have wide taste variations between them. So go lightly with small amounts.

As mentioned earlier vanilla's are the hardest to get right. Across the counter vanilla is not a good way to go. I would recommend the hangsen vanilla.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/vanilla-f...y-hangsen.html
    Last edited by dannyv45; 10-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Dave379 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyv45 View Post
    What are you looking to do add more sweetness or add more vanilla flavor.

If sweetness add sweetener.

If flavor was OK then faded add lemon. If flavor was never there in the first place add vanilla. But a warning not all vanillas are created equal and have wide taste variations between them. So go lightly with small amounts.

As mentioned earlier vanilla's are the hardest to get right. Across the counter vanilla is not a good way to go. I would recommend the hangsen vanilla.

Vanilla Flavoring by Hangsen
    Actually, like my original post said I'm looking to do both. Some of them are lacking flavor and some of them lack both. I'll pick up some Vanilla flavor and some sweetener and see what I come up with. I'll definitely go easy on both.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you have a plan... good luck.